It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens Independent run

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It would surely split the republican vote. Definitely would insure a democratic win. If he does run as an independent, you have to wonder if this wasn't planned from the start. Doe he really want to be president? I mean he has billions, why would you want all the stress that comes with being president? Power maybe, but doesn't he have the power with all his real estate businesses?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Operation big picture: If Trump goes indie, what's to stop Bernie from doing the same? After all, it's much easier for an indie to win from within a 4-way split....

The way things are shaping up, this could be an historical race in more ways than one.

I've said it a few times before but I think both Trump and Sanders should give a big middle finger to the parties that are trying to railroad them and run Independent.

Who here would vote for a Trump/Sanders card?

ID actually do that,because th e veep cant really do anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looks like Trump will have to go independent. Votes coming in from tonight's states suggest his campaign as a republican is done. Cruz is absolutely thrashing him.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Looks like Trump will have to go independent. Votes coming in from tonight's states suggest his campaign as a republican is done. Cruz is absolutely thrashing him.

This coming in from biased republican establishment types. it almost seems as if they WANT th erepublican party to fail. If trump goe sindependent h ewill prolly get bernie and then we will have a rep/dem presidency. AL trump supporters will not vote for vengeance against th eGOP. this is gonna be hilarious to see this train wreck.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

This coming in from biased republican establishment types. it almost seems as if they WANT th erepublican party to fail. If trump goe sindependent h ewill prolly get bernie and then we will have a rep/dem presidency. AL trump supporters will not vote for vengeance against th eGOP. this is gonna be hilarious to see this train wreck.

A Trump / Sanders ticket would be hilarious

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes. and th e dems and th e reps would be so messed up there might not be parties after.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It's really easy.

When you know what your doing you can do it again.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
When your own party is scared that the people like you so much that you might win and be able to make changes that are for the country, that they start telling the people to vote for anyone but him shows you that they don't want what is best for the people.
They want things to stay the same and hope that we keep falling for all the BS that never changes.
Maybe we need someone who is not PC and says what so many people are afraid to say, but do in fact feel the same way about some of what he says.
Even the career politicians that agree with him but are too scared to say it . Because they are scared there will be voted out of there job for

Yes, I hear them (establishment repubs) say Trump doesn't have conservative ideals and has given money to the Clintons 20ya, supports planned parenthood, flips on anything, hates etc.

BFD. The guy is a businessman, he can "evolve" on anything he wants. Support anyone he wants.
Like he is the only one that's ever done it.

The lifers should man up and quit worrying about covering their asses and do what's right.
Towing the party line is not gonna save them when it comes to reelection.

Maybe that is a good thing

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A couple months ago I posted something here regarding Trump and his true intent. True at least in my delusional world. For now I think I’ll stick with it and repeat it here. It kinda goes like this:

Donald Trump simply doesn’t have the temperament to be President. He’s too hot-headed and quick on the draw. In those extreme, insane situations where it’s crucial that cooler heads prevail, I just don’t see Donald Trump taking the reign and shaking everyone to their senses. I have a sneaky suspicion that Trump has no delusions of becoming President. He knows quite well it’s not in the cards. His whole campaign has been nothing more than a narcisistic theatrical production starring the wonderful and exciting Mr. Donald Trump. Beside Trump’s ego feeding on all the praise being showered on him by his loyal, devoted underlings/followers, it kinda makes good business sense. This campaign will open the door to many future business opportunities, and he’ll reap the rewards all the way to the bank. Don’t get the wrong idea - he’s not in this fight to “make America great again”.

Too bad there’s no viable alternative. The other candidates are even worse. After all this, how can America face the rest of the world with a straight face and claim a position of leadership?

Just my 2 cents...

PS: Why can't I get that song "Highway to Hell" outta my head?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

im a sanders supporter.... wouldnt in a million years vote for any ticket with trump in it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JHumm
When your own party is scared that the people like you so much that you might win and be able to make changes that are for the country, that they start telling the people to vote for anyone but him shows you that they don't want what is best for the people.
They want things to stay the same and hope that we keep falling for all the BS that never changes.
Maybe we need someone who is not PC and says what so many people are afraid to say, but do in fact feel the same way about some of what he says.
Even the career politicians that agree with him but are too scared to say it . Because they are scared there will be voted out of there job for

Yes, I hear them (establishment repubs) say Trump doesn't have conservative ideals and has given money to the Clintons 20ya, supports planned parenthood, flips on anything, hates etc.

BFD. The guy is a businessman, he can "evolve" on anything he wants. Support anyone he wants.
Like he is the only one that's ever done it.

The lifers should man up and quit worrying about covering their asses and do what's right.
Towing the party line is not gonna save them when it comes to reelection.

Maybe that is a good thing

It is really odd that issues can be so black and white to some people. Planned Parenthood is an example. Trump has said he thinks they do good work for women in terms of health issues, but does not support their abortion practices. Is that not a fairly sensible position to have? Instead its just used as a label to define good or evil. It's Trump here that is thinking deeper about the issue and yet it's often him that gets hit on for using generalities.
edit on 6/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

If he all of a sudden said that gun restriction was good, would you still love him just as much?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Kansas is voter fraud, plain and simple. It's as blatant as blatant gets. A single machine, a "Central Tabulator" counts all the votes. Big precincts were mysteriously more likely to vote Cruz. Cruz was not projected to win by any poll, and certainly not by such a huge margin. The Kansas State Government will not allow the results to be independently verified.

In other words: FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD.

This is going to be a summer of street fighting because the establishment have lost their damn minds.
edit on 6-3-2016 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: burgerbuddy

If he all of a sudden said that gun restriction was good, would you still love him just as much?

I think you are missing the point of Trump. People don't love him. That is not driving his rise. It's being driven by widespread hatred of the extreme left's grip on society. It's a rebellion against the craziness of govt. over reach into people's lives, being driven by a leftist agenda. People were just pushed too far and you can't put that genie back in the bottle.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join