It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man didn't evolve from fish or monkeys

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Give me any theory and I can find 10 internet asses debunking it.
I honestly haven't read the study you linked, I just like to point out that I have 15 and you one.
Also I am not interested in discussing this here, maybe I make a thread about it and we can discuss it there.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I havnt seen any evidence

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: cooperton
In the creation model It's supposed that all animals are based off some aspect of the human - hence the congruent genetic codes.

This, in spite of the fact that there are incredible amounts of definitive, concrete proof that many, many species evolved, lived, and died out long before anything even remotely resembling a human being existed. And Christians wonder why people find their beliefs foolish and ignorant...

Yeah evolved from the non biological ancestor, dust and water from the Big Bang

atheists wonder why creationists think their religion is foolish, blind total faith

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Some folk talk of the Creator
maybe some Von Numan machine popped by and crafted humans together .

And some folk talk of the Almighty Architect , wonder what he was building maybe we are in some kind of advanced AI and life is but a dream

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Nope we do not believe our common ancestor is the Big Bang. The Big Bang has little to do with evolution of life on the planet. But its right up there with people confusing proteogenisis/abiogensis and evolution. They are not related. Evolution is the change of existing life. End of story. NOT how it started, as one has to evolve from something to well evolve. The very definition of the word requires this.

Thus the Big bang is one theory of how the current universe began, but its no where near as clear cut as evolution is.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Science is "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

You also seem to be grinding another axe with the phrase "The act of experimentation is manipulated by those with the authority given them by those with the money. " Keep your dogma out of here, before my Karma runs it over

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Common ancestry is how life on this planet evolved - whether you like it or not - whether you think you were a monkey or not - or whether you just accept the obvious which happens to be common ancestry

I love the comment, it's so typically atheistic, you should join the red army and grab a ak47, "believe me I am telling you, you have no right to disagree with me"

Why does creation cause you such fear you demand I bow down to evolution, demand I believe
"whether I like it or not" phantom the dictator, who made you the god of my mind
I can not fathom the arrogance you have for yourself to decide you are so right and others are all wrong, you have delusions of grandeur, Trump, Clinton like.
Seriously phantom, please dwell on that statement you made and how some of the most evil people in the world used it to justify obscene actions

Go prove evolution and then come back chirping.

If you repeat a lie often enough some, not all will believe it

Watermelons are over 99% water, clouds 100%, as I understand your nonsensical argument, watermelons are actually biological organic ancestors to clouds

Yay me, I have lost my ability to reason and am becomming an evolutionist, it all makes perfect sense

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

No

Science is repeatable, observable and testable.

If it's not it's just a theory that they try to prove

Evolution is not science, it's a faith of children minded individuals, terrified of religion, terrified for some unknown reason, maybe the bogeyman is gonna getcha

Big Bang, space dirt, water, life

How stupid do you have to be to believe that

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Please understand this
I don't care what you think I should believe and accept

I want science to answer the problem I have with evolution, origins is one of them

One more time because you seem challenged in understanding my position.

I don't care what you think, I don't accept they are two different issues, I don't have to believe you are the authority of my opinion.
Your words are smoke, they are gone

Atheism teaches no gods, atheism teaches a big natural bang, atheism believes our ancestors a re dirt and water

That is silly

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The evidence is all around you.

Like literally in this thread.

The talk origins site listed 29 individual pieces of evidence in favor of common descent. You have addressed zero of it. This is the sad reality. If you can't do it, then there is no reason to think you aren't a troll. Your biased rants do not prove anything other than your failure to understand basic concepts in science.

edit on 3 8 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Atheism teaches no gods, atheism teaches a big natural bang, atheism believes our ancestors a re dirt and water

That is silly

No, only that first one applies. Atheism is No Gods. That's it. It doesn't teach anything about anything. No Big Bang. No Evolution. Nothing. Atheism isn't a study of anything at all. It has nothing else. It's not a philosophy. It's not anything other than there are no Gods. That's it. For the millionth time.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I want science to answer the problem I have with evolution, origins is one of them

Evolution isn't about origins. Try cosmology.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No

Science is repeatable, observable and testable.

If it's not it's just a theory that they try to prove

Modern Evolutionary Synthesis not only meets, but exceeds the requirements of observable, testable and repeatable. It is the most definitive Theory in the history of science with more evidence to support it than any other theory in the history of humanity. The "it's just a theory" B.S. is just that...B.S.

A Scientific Theory is comprised of hypothesis that have been proven, it's not this elementary Scooby doo version of a theory where Scooby and the gang operate on hunches while uncovering the bad guy. Once again, you demonstrate a vast chasm between what you think and what is true based entirely on your own confirmation biases.

Gravity is another Scientific Theory but I'll bet you don't discount that out of hand. Your bias is clear here.

Evolution is not science, it's a faith of children minded individuals, terrified of religion, terrified for some unknown reason, maybe the bogeyman is gonna getcha

So why then have do you rely on ad hominem attacks based on a strawman that exists solely in your own mind as opposed to demonstrating what is wrong with the science. Demonstrate the errors in the actual science. Or are you going to concede that your willful ignorance precludes that possibility because you haven't bothered to actually understand what MES postulates?

Big Bang, space dirt, water, life

How stupid do you have to be to believe that

Why don't you tell us since you're the only one pushing this as the paradigm.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Neighbour, I'm a scientist. As in my job is to commit science. I know what science is, and you are very confused about what science is.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No I think YOU are confused. Physics and Chemistry and Biology are all sciences, but they are not the same, their perspectives are different, as such a Biologist would struggle to use lasers to attempt to reach 0 K and a Physicist would have very little in the way of understanding of what a Western Blot was telling them.

These different focus's hold for theories as well. The Big Bang (which is an under developed theory compared to that of Evolution) in no way shape or form helps us understand speciation, mutations, or anything useful for evolution. Similarly measuring the genetic clock for mutation to understand that several 1000 years ago humans in certain areas became lactose tollerant, does nothing to help us understand what the fist few seconds of current existence was like.

Nope, I am not confused. I've done research into evolution, and mutations. QED I understand those, and I understand how they can be applied and how they can not.

You clearly do not understand this.

Atheism has not been mentioned. As many posters here know, I am not an atheist. I'm a pagan and heathen. I honor my ancestors (the mighty dead) the spirits of the land (the Noble ones) and the shinning ones (the Deities which I worship). SO why did you just go on a rant against Atheism? Could it be you are grinding an axe? I could do that too, but I have the self awareness and control to remain on target for a discussion.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Damn it Peter how dare you quote modern evidence

No seriously Peter is correct. Since we discovered what the mode of genetic transference was (ie we got that DNA was how we pass on hereditary traits) and gained a fast(ish) set of tools to sequence them, we satisfy all the requirements that you list.

Now go on, tell US what science is again? But first gain an education in it. By this I mean, leave your baggage at the door, and be open and honest when talking about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
understand what MES postulates?

Since you brought it up, could you lay out exactly what MES postulates as you understand it? I'm concerned the framework leaves out a lot, and I haven't been able to find, beyond folks around here saying so, any reliable source or reference that shows it's expanded the framework to include anything other than PE.

Appreciate any help.
edit on 8-3-2016 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

atheism believes our ancestors a re dirt and water
That is silly

Snipped out this part of the quote as I wanted to address this specific thing.

Atheism isn't a religion and has no belief either way about god/divine being etc.

What I do find HILARIOUS is that there are so many religions that do believe the exact thing you are arguing against.

• According to Sumerian mythology the god Enki or Enlil create a servant of the gods, humankind, out of clay and blood. See Enki and the Making of Man
  • According to Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
  • According to the Qur'an[23:12–15], God created man from clay.
  • According to Greek mythology, Prometheus created man from clay, while Athena breathed life into them.[1]
  • According to Chinese mythology (see Chu Ci and Imperial Readings of the Taiping Era), Nüwa molded figures from the yellow earth, giving them life and the ability to bear children.
  • According to Egyptian mythology the god Khnum creates human children from clay before placing them into their mother's womb.[2]
  • According to some American Indian beliefs, the Earth Shaker formed the figure of many men and women, which he dried in the sun and into which he breathed life.
  • According to Inca mythology the creator god Viracocha formed humans from clay on his second attempt at creating living creatures.
  • According to a Sumerian story, in which both Enki and Ninmah get drunk from beer and enter into a contest that involves one deity making handicapped or deformed humans from the moist clay of the Abzu, the other deity decreeing a function for the created individual. [3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

The evidence is all around you.

Like literally in this thread.

The talk origins site listed 29 individual pieces of evidence in favor of common descent. You have addressed zero of it. This is the sad reality. If you can't do it, then there is no reason to think you aren't a troll. Your biased rants do not prove anything other than your failure to understand basic concepts in science.

I did with the first sentence of the intro

"A theory based on assumption"

You go read it

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Mojo
Please understand this
You don't get to define what I want answers to, what I need to be explained

Go play in a thread where your opinion is more valid than mine. I choose what I need a satisfactory answer to quell my doubts, you dont

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join