It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man didn't evolve from fish or monkeys

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Noinden

No "science" makes "evidence". Science is just a "religion" of fools. Along with an ability to "discover" and manipulate things that already exist. I'd say they're kind of highly "educated" fools..."science" hasn't done more good, than folly.

Its actually getting to a point with genetic mutations that I am inclined to agree
Coupled with the science behind warfare, nuclear power et al

There is a truth in what you say

Though many have used what the natural has taught us and applied it to benefit many.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Apparently I need to go back to school because when I went nothing was ever mentioned about stardust or water in regards to evolutionary theory. Nor did it ever come up in all the years I researched Pleistocene hominid cohabitation. Perhaps you could fill me in on what course you took detailing this new aspect of evolution seeing as how you're so up to date on current biological paradigms. That way I won't feel so behind the curve in these intellectual diatribes.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Apparently I need to go back to school because when I went nothing was ever mentioned about stardust or water in regards to evolutionary theory. Nor did it ever come up in all the years I researched Pleistocene hominid cohabitation. Perhaps you could fill me in on what course you took detailing this new aspect of evolution seeing as how you're so up to date on current biological paradigms. That way I won't feel so behind the curve in these intellectual diatribes.

This thread was about the belief that man came from monkeys
I just wanted to hilite the fact many people believe it was stardust and starwater

make of it what you would like to make of it

Believe or don't

Whats your understanding, stardust and starwater? Aliens? Magic? Unicorns?

Prefer to remain silent?

When I once believed man had a common ancestor I did try, all the lies and assumptions, just gave up caring

Now, dust, magic or aliens???

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar

A "theory", doesn't "explain" anything or make a "fact".

That's exactly what a Scientific Theory does though, in Modern Evolutionary Synthesis, it explains HOW evolution works and the theory is made up of observable facts. I never said a Scientific Theory makes anything a fact, the facts are already in play. The theories serve to explain how those observable facts work.

Now you're talking frequencies? Science didn't "make frequencies" they discovered them.

I never said that science made frequencies. The allele frequencies exist in nature. They are the ratios of genotypes within a given population. All evolutionary biologists are doing is compiling the data that already exists. As these alleles shift throughout populations, these populations evolve. We are simply tabulating the data and charting it.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I just wanted to hilite the fact many people believe it was stardust and starwater

Believe or don't

Prefer to remain silent?

When I once believed man had a common ancestor I did try, all the lies and assumptions, just gave up caring

Are you claiming that you are not made up of atoms, your DNA is not made up as atoms, that your traits are not genetic and that stars are not the mechanism by whichs the periodic elements are formed?
edit on 24-3-2016 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The only person who seems to think man came from monkeys is you. It's not what any Anthropologist I'v ever worked with or studied under believes.

Believe or don't

It's not what I believe, it's not what any Anthropologist, Biologist, Evolutionary Biologist, Paleontologist or anyone else who studies any aspect of evolution believes. The entire premise is a strawman that exists within your own mind and nowhere in any scientific discipline period.

Prefer to remain silent?

Your thread is premised on evolution but you want to argue Abiogenesis or Panspermia and pretend that these hypothesis are what evolution is premised on. It's a joke.

If you believe god magically created everything then magical alien unicorns is YOUR belief system, not mine.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Go read the op Pete you have no idea what you are saying

This thread was never modeled on evolution, it was the stupidity of some that think we are made from stardust and starwater

I never suggested monkeys, that's just ignorance, you are trying to bully me into a stereotype to justify your inability to explain your faith

Reset and try again

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Are you claiming you are a product of starwater and stardust, care to explain how that happened
What started all that

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

TerryDon,.. Gadget? Yes...Internet? Yes. But electricity? No! Electricity was not "made" by "science". Electricity is a natural occurrence...and "manipulated"..or, harnessed.

Harnessed by science.... what else?
Science has also given you the car you drive, the antibiotics that save you from a deadly infection, clean water from your taps, the comfy sneakers/trainers you can wear, etc etc etc.

Are you claiming you are a product of starwater and stardust, care to explain how that happened
What started all that

He/she is not claiming anything but just pointing out that we are made of the same elements that are common throughout the universe and make up practically everything: carbon, nitrogen and oxygen.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Go read the op Pete you have no idea what you are saying

Now there's a hilarious irony!

This thread was never modeled on evolution, it was the stupidity of some that think we are made from stardust and starwater

Every atom of your body is made up of the same elements created through the nuclear fusion of stars. The only stupidity here is your trite ignorance regarding your own premise.

If you dispute basic chemistry, what then are the bodies of all organic life made of? I don't think you actually know the first thing regarding this or any other topic you rally against with your anti-science click. For the record, if you don't want people to this the foundation of your screed lies with evolution, perhaps you should not place the word 'evolution' in the title of your thread. Not that you care because you don't actually dispute the science or discuss what you believe the errors to be. Why do that when a bail of strawmen will suffice eh?

I never suggested monkeys, that's just ignorance

You may not have suggested it but you sure as hell repeated it in nearly every post you've made in this thread.

you are trying to bully me into a stereotype to justify your inability to explain your faith

I'm not bullying you into anything. You walk head first not the cartoon stereotype whether I post or not. And your conclusion is as ludicrous as everything else you've posted in this thread. I have no faith, I have facts. They don't need fath to be true, they're self evident. But you would have to open your eyes to see that. Unless you're implying I have been incapable of explaining the science? Please tell me that's what you are implying. I rather like starting my day out with a laugh.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

If you can't or won't recognize the differences in the etymological meaning, colloquial meaning, and biological meaning of evolution then you're just being purposely obtuse.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Are you saying I think man evolved from monkeys, surely you are not that stupid?

I don't believe in evolution but, yet, what?

Go worship a few scientists who preach from their pulpits of papper

Thanks for the overwhelming evidence

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Barcs, you are the bomb, words and thoughts
Stop, think, then engage your keyboard

I have noted a rather large part of the population with heads half the size of normal full grown adults
They are called children

W...wha..what?

Face palm meme anyone, somewhere just here
_______

Talk about ignorance and denial
Talk about tunnel vision

Indeed. I would face palm my own post as well if I made an argument that bad and THAT dishonest. It's funny how you act so condescending and righteous, yet your points are completely wrong and show you haven't even attempted to understand what you are attacking.

FYI, the ONLY time during a homo sapien's life where their CC is lower than 750, is when they are a baby. During the first year, their cranial capacity goes from around 370cc at birth, to 960cc (on average) by the time they are 1 year old. So unless every fossil of homo habilis is a baby, you have no argument. Homo habilis average ADULT cranial capacity is 750. The average height is between 3 and 4 feet. Since we have found multiple adult skeletons of homo habilis, we know they aren't babies.

Your point is easily debunked and dismissed. Thanks for the laugh, though. It's simply hilarious how adamant you are about your belief system that you ignore and deny reality to maintain it. Resorting to lies shows that you are incredibly desperate to recruit believers. Yeah, you may want to re-evaluate your stance here. You are only hurting your cause by making religious people look like idiots, when it's really just a tiny vocal minority of religious people that actually subscribe to your hateful opinion.

edit on 3 24 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedymandingo

Are you saying I think man evolved from monkeys, surely you are not that stupid?

Since you clearly can't understand my replies and feel it appropriate to be rude and
derogatory to cover up your own intellectual inadequacies

I don't believe in evolution but, yet, what?

That's the question of the day...What? You won't answer a straight question and stick to preteen antics instead of formulating a concise argument regarding what the science is wrong about or clarifying what the basis of your position is beyond blatant lies and the most reprehensibly ignorant ad hominem fallacies I've seen here in some time.

Go worship a few scientists who preach from their pulpits of papper

Coming from the guy who apparently believes an alien(God) used magic to wish us into existence so he/she/it could have some shiny new toys to help alleviate it's boredom. I don't know what's more amazing, that there are people who believe that to be true or that you somehow found out about my shrines to Gould and Tattersall. Perhaps your skills related to investigative inquiry aren't as paltry as you would lead us all to believe!

Thanks for the overwhelming evidence

Anytime you want to provide ANY evidence in support of your blatant lies and purposefully misdirected fallacies based on circular reasoning as well as your ad hominem and blatant personal attacks, please feel free to do so. All you have offered thus far is 30+ pages of some of the most childish and willfully ignorant misrepresentations of evolutionary science I've seen from you yet. All you have done is demonstrate how little you know about both the natural world in general and any science at all. I can't imagine the amount of effort that had go into avoiding knowledge to the extent you have taken this.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thanks PV

I will enjoy my beliefs and you yours

Your beliefs that somehow life evolved from space dust and space water

As silly as some people may think humans evolved from monkeys is far less ludicrous than thinking we evolved from space dust and space water

The whole premise of this thread

If I was to think evolution taught humanity arose from chimpanzees, it is less ridiculous than believing space dust and space water are our grand daddy's

Sadly i am disappointed that you keep referring to your personal faith as a science, search the religion of evolution

That's some good evidence for you to explore yourself, oh wait, you would have to undertake questioning your beliefs, fundy don't do that do they

Dirt and water, you go get them PV

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You do know there are some modern day humans who are not intelectualy disabled with a brain capacity just over 900 cc, you do the research

Your ignorance hurts your credibility

One of those people that make fun of those who think mankind evolved from monkeys yet you believe our great gran mammy and pappy are dirt and water

Space dirt and spacewater

You believe I am silly because I think your hominids are possibly as human as other different races of humans.

You believe that humans evolved from space dust and space water

Thanks for the laugh, thanks for showing me how adamant you are about space dust and space water being your genetic parent

Thanks foe exposing my opinions foolishness about hominids humanity correlated with your belief that we were suckled on the breast of space dust and space water (metaphorically)

You have got nothing, nothing you can hurt my position with, nothing to make me look more foolish than yourself when your beliefs demand nothing less than space dust and space water.

My opinion that these hominids are human is far more logical than yours that humanity's parents are space dust and spacewater

Get that Barcs

Your whole religion is easily debunked and dismissed
Maybe you had better flip flop and consider the value of real science and real evidence, not faith and assumption

Funny thing is Barcs, I am not as angry and hateful as what I read of you and your posts.

Why not come out and call me a blasphemer, why not have me burned as a witch

I think hominids were human, true humans, smaller brain capacity but human.
You think that's stupid
Imagine what I think of those who think dirt and water are our common ancestors

Your argument is impotent

Sorry

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

You do know there are some modern day humans who are not intelectualy disabled with a brain capacity just over 900 cc, you do the research

900cc is still larger than the habilis average. The lowest recorded homo sapien cranial capacity is 790cc, which is still higher than habilis. So far, the smallest adult habilis skull is 510cc, which is just over 1/3 the volume of modern humans on average. It's also interesting to note that there is a partial sample from a child/juvenile habilis, estimated around 310cc based on the jaw bone.

Each statement you make just further reinforces my points. You are just essentially making up excuses at this point rather than addressing the evidence.

Your ignorance hurts your credibility

Were you looking in the mirror when you typed this? Everything I've posted can be backed up with fact. Nothing you said can be backed up by fact. This isn't even a debate and it's barely discussion. It more closely resembles a stand up comedy act.

You believe that humans evolved from space dust and space water

I do? Funny I have never claimed this, but you keep trying to state what I BELIEVE (wrongly) rather than focus than the topic. No surprise here. It always boils down to attacking atheism, when it has nothing whatsoever to do with the theory of modern synthesis. The true purpose of your thread is obvious. It's to belittle atheism and nothing else.

It doesn't always have to boil down to god vs evolution. Why can't it be both? Why couldn't a god create evolution and/or guide it? I know why you THINK it can't be both. Here's a hint, it has to do with your straw man about space dust and equating it to biological evolution. Many Christians and other theists agree with evolution. It is not just an atheistic view. It is a scientific one.

I think hominids were human, true humans, smaller brain capacity but human.

The funniest part about this statement is that Hominids ARE considered humans. It's just that there are dozens of species of human. That is the point. You don't seem to understand that being another species doesn't require drastic differences. There are some 900 species of shrimp alone, and many of them are nearly identical.

edit on 3 24 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2016 by peter vlar because: Not worth sinking to their level

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Cite the evidence or recant! No seriously cite credible sources.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Modern Humans have brain capacities ranging from 950cc to 1800cc...
It is believed over the last 20000 years that mankind's brain capacity is deminishing...
Brain matter lost during this time is equivalent to about the same size as a tennis ball in both males and females...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join