It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man didn't evolve from fish or monkeys

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: TerryDon79

So we're back to men "seeking truth" (science)? Or you're just stuck on the word "science", because it sounds smart?... Sience is bassed on "observation"... If it wasn't "observed" it's just a "hypothesis". Which is nothing more than an "educated geuss. Which is nothing more than an idiots, "hypothesis" Don't BS me, the readers or yourself...

Well you've just proved you don't understand the scientific method.

Congrats

ETA It might be an idea to read the opening post (but preferably the whole thread) and not just the title next time you jump into a thread. Just saying.

edit on 2332016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Oh neighbour, you really are lost. Hypothesis and theory have different meanings in science to every day use.

Now I am sure you will not read these given your attitude, and obvious anger, but I did try.

So the crux really is, why are YOU so angry at science? No seriously.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
Evolution. There! I said something about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Ever notice in these threads, that when one creationist is spent, another (or a sock of the same one) will come in, and play the same game. Its like there is a roster

None of them seem to understand scientific method, none of them are willing to play by the rules they set for science. Its a shame, but that seems to be the creationist way as a whole.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Theory is a belief. Evolution is a hypothesis. ..I can but won't, dumb it down farther than that.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Not really, you used technology to type a word. Come now neighbour, you can't just be a lickspittle for the OP can you? Tell us your views. The world awaits with baited breath.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Ever notice in these threads, that when one creationist is spent, another (or a sock of the same one) will come in, and play the same game. Its like there is a roster

None of them seem to understand scientific method, none of them are willing to play by the rules they set for science. Its a shame, but that seems to be the creationist way as a whole.

Oh I've noticed. Sometimes they come in small packs too. It's funny watching them saying evolution is false, but believing in a deity that has zero proof (sorry).

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No, you have dumbed it down just fine. In that the reply is dumb.

Evolution is a scientific theory it is an accepted explanation for speciation. It is not, nor has it ever pretended to be, an explanation for how life started, just for how the wide variety of life got to be so wide.

A scientific hypothesis iss the initial building block in the scientific method. An educated guess based upon observation and measurement. Darwin had a hypothesis, almost 150 years later, we have a theory. Between the fossil record, and DNA sequencing, it is a theory, and a rock solid one. It changes (evolves) with each new bit of evidence, but it is still a theory in the scientific sense.

Now why are you so angry at science?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Why apologize? Belief in deity or deities is an act of faith, and if one has it, they should not need proof. Similarly faith should not be threatened by evidentual based philosophies like science, they can work hand in hand. Mind you this takes the ability to not have a fragile ego wrt ones faith

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Theory is a belief. Evolution is a hypothesis. ..I can but won't, dumb it down farther than that. But they're not "taught" as separated. It's taught as "fact". If it was a fact..it wouldn't be argued. So both sides of the "hypothesis" needs "funding" untill "proof" is found. Unless there is some "unbiased" bigotry, I'm not seeing?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Theory is a belief. Evolution is a hypothesis. ..I can but won't, dumb it down farther than that.

Um, no.

Evolution is actually a fact. The theory of evolution is our best way to prove said fact.

Cell theory is also a theory of cells based on the fact there are cells.

Theory of gravity is a theory of gravity based on the fact of gravity.

The theory of heeliocentrism is the theory of planets orbiting the sun yet orbits are a fact.

See where it all leads?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think the whole point of our existence is a veiled mystery that we are never going to know.

That's what makes life so fascinating. If we knew everything it would probably destroy whatever whoever is in control of the Universe's plan.

But that, like evolution and Creation by God, is just a guess.

Whoever knows the truth isn't talking.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That's funny! Because you think "rules" matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's fact? But then you deffend it, by calling it a "theory". .. I'd choose your words better. Or at least look up the meaning.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's funny! Because you think "rules" matter.

You're living by rules. Everyone lives by rules. Even people who don't follow mainstream rules are living by rules.

Everything has rules sport.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's fact? But then you deffend it, by calling it a "theory". .. I'd choose your words better. Or at least look up the meaning.

Oh I know the difference between theory and scientific theory. You on the other hand, don't.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You "except" theory? As fact? ... I hurt! Lol!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Um, no.

Evolution is actually a fact. The theory of evolution is our best way to prove said fact.

Cell theory is also a theory of cells based on the fact there are cells.

Theory of gravity is a theory of gravity based on the fact of gravity.

The theory of heeliocentrism is the theory of planets orbiting the sun yet orbits are a fact.

See where it all leads?

Just thought I'd copy the above as you seemed to have missed it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No matter what you believe, I think we can all agree that we came from SOMETHING .

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am no scientist but I thought gravity is a result of centrifugal force from the rotation of the earth.

My point is, it proves that the story of Joshua getting God to halt time so they could finish the slaughter of Canaan is impossible.

If the earth stood still everything that isn't the earth would fly out into space.

But I do wonder how gravity is so exact that it allows us to exist. If the earth was just a little faster or slower you have chaos.

How the hell is earth so orderly. It's a hell of a coincidence.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join