It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man didn't evolve from fish or monkeys

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Maybe not agreeing 100%, but certainly consider it. If the other side (creationists) ever actually made a claim with solid evidence that I could research for more than 2 minutes (that I haven't done already), then maybe I would "switch sides".

But that's where the problem is. It's one side citing evidence, giving valid information, showing where the "other side" is wrong and why and then there's the "other side" who just dismiss everything without any consideration.

As I've stated before, I was born Christian, I believed most of what I was taught on faith. That was until I started to do research on what I was being told and what science was saying.

A bit of solid evidence can do wonderful things.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am neither a creationist or evolutionist (if that's a word) but I know that I can tell of one thing that proves a form of evolution is scientific fact.

If you release a pig from a farm into the wild, it will grow tusks and hair and become a boar. And that is in its own lifetime and not over generations.

So imagine the evolutionary possibilities of millions of years. You say we evolved from dirt?

How is that better than evolving from the amniotic sack that is the ocean?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well I live by the idea of " An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil" so it does not matter if the minds will change, it matters that there is mistruth.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

As I've stated before, I was born Christian, I believed most of what I was taught on faith.

The flaw inheritant in all of the unenlightened. Good for you for opening your own eyes. I used to believe in the Bible.

Until I read it and researched it and learned how much b.s. it is.

I am a much happier person now that I know. I honestly believe that faith is a mental illness, even intelligent people catch it. The only cure is reason.

But some people have little capacity for reason and logic and they are the incurable. They think believing in a myth makes them a better person and a member of the I'm going to heaven club.

If heaven is nothing but the so called followers of Christ, sign me up gehenna.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Such interesting conclusions.

Still, the same arguments:

boards and pigs? seeds and trees.

Radioactivity? We can make that and we do, in an hour

Bones of the dead? ew, bravo..

Basically linear regression modelling on the unobserved, and a hefty dose of "it's the truth, I know it because you're lying"..

Maybe there's a reason for this

I think there is: you don't deserve to know the magic of this world
Feel smart, be an engineer, incapable of building an engine
build a career on the idea that god is an explosion, be a physicist
build a career on the idea that you have monkey blood, be a biologist

I gave you a tilt, you didn't examine it, call that science

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh no, not even on my most open minded days( or arrogant days...there seems to be some overlap) do I expect anyone to overturn years or decades of already formed ideology based on something I posted on page 17 of a 38 page thread. There have been instances however where through the course of dialogue where I have been able to obtain a reevaluation of another's point of view by showing them all sides of the picture. It's exceedingly rare but at the same time, it's equally difficult to sit here and read some of the "information" being pushed as fact fed by a healthy dose of confirmation bias. But I engage in these threads knowing full well that I'm swimming against the current. Even when I began to study science more seriously and became aware of the discrepancies between the science and the dogma that had been shoved down my throat since childhood, it still took a few years for me to reach a point where I could separate fact from fiction and learn to test between the 2.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I would say the exact same thing, just from the creationists side
I can dismiss your science in seconds, I read your links and all the assumptions and like steam it evaporates as no more than fluff
I have never seen evolution offer. Anything more than assumption or hear say
Even peer reviews start off with assumptions

Generally in the introduction, peer reviews state, evolution is a belief

Go read them

It's all guess work by scientists

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

When are you going to provide some evidence of creationism?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Yet you fail to offe any evidence that evolution is false.

It's just typical that you lot want proof, but offer none yourselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So you just dismiss it without explaining how it's wrong using science? It's just wrong because you say so?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Barcs, you are the bomb, words and thoughts
Stop, think, then engage your keyboard

I have noted a rather large part of the population with heads half the size of normal full grown adults
They are called children

Face palm meme anyone, somewhere just here
_______

Talk about ignorance and denial
Talk about tunnel vision

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So you just dismiss it without explaining how it's wrong using science? It's just wrong because you say so?

Yes I do exactly like what you said you do in a post above

The silly thing here now would be if you patronized me for having the capacity to dismiss your religios beliefs in evolution like you do mine

It would make you look silly

I dismiss it because it has no evidence

Keeping up, I can type slower

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Science is not all theoretical so you can only dismiss scientific fact if you are willing to deny the truth.

Evolution is a theory.

Creation is a theory.

But evolution has evidence based off scientific observations.

Creation is a fairy tale the ancient world used to explain existence. But they knew the difference between myth and reality.

Maybe we can't prove physical evolution.

But you singlehandedly prove that mental de-evolution exists.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mazzini

Much truth in this post. One slight point, evolution is a theory in the scientific sense, creation is one in another sense. There is a slight difference in meanings. I would note that it only seems to be certain Abrahamic faiths which have issues with Evolution

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Reading isn't your forte is it?

The bit about dismissing evidence was refering to your side, just as you have prove many many times.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Td, you miss the obvious

You fail to offer any evidence God is false for the same reason TD

Evolution is a faith, a belief, it has no evidence, it's all assumption

I cat prove space monkeys on motorbikes are not true for the same reason I can't prove evolution untrue, because there is no evidence for either

Where did life come from, stardust and starwater, yours is an unfounded religion
edit on 23-3-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No evolution is not a belief. A belief is an act of faith. A belief is an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof. Where as Evolution is a scientific theory, and as such requires evidence. There is ample evidence. You can dispute it, but you are also not qualified to do so.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Evolution is a scientific FACT. The theory of evolution is our best EXPLANATION of said fact.

Just like gravity is a FACT and the theory of gravity is our best EXPLANATION of said fact.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No one needs to tell Barcs to think. You are being deliberately dense about this issue. Adults with a much lower (about 50%) cranial capacity of today, and significantly different structure of the skull, are not children. Why? Because they are adults
Stop with the shenanigans, and just be honest, your faith prohibits you from having an open mind. Mine does not, I believe in a magical world due to my faith, and can measure the natural one with my science.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Show me some science that proves evolution, any
Not micro evolution, the real stuff

Win the day, hold your banner, bring the evidence to the fore
Let me dismiss it in under 2 minutes like you can, I will prove it to you, how dead and decayed your religion is
Evolution is a religion, sold as science

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join