It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people would attend your Funeral?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Wife is going to keep my ashes until she goes. When she dies, we'll put them together and dunno, make kitty litter or something.

Neither one of us wants any sort of ceremony or service.

OK, you dont want, how many people will come anyways?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I know alot of people and have multiple close friends of 30 plus years. Your thread made me realize how lucky I am.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I would hope that at least six people would show up to do me the final honor of carrying my dead ass around.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't know,and considering I'll be dead I don't think it will really matter me.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ilikebooze
I know alot of people and have multiple close friends of 30 plus years. Your thread made me realize how lucky I am.

YVW, lucky you, don't loose them

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

LOL, thanks for the smile

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Wife is going to keep my ashes until she goes. When she dies, we'll put them together and dunno, make kitty litter or something.

Probably quite a few. Mostly my employees because those sneaky bastards will do anything for a day off.

In life as on line, I'm mostly funny, friendly and have made quite a few friends in our small little costal town way up here in the north west.

I don't think people will sob and beat their chests or rend their shirts at my passing. Most will say, "I'm surprised that bastard lived as long as he did".

Most will just try to steal all the cool toys in my office and steal my ergonomic chair. Bastards. hahahahaha

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't want a funeral. I want a party.

With beer.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

I don't know,and considering I'll be dead I don't think it will really matter me.

You must be young. It never bothered me either, till i had to look at my pension options, then looking at Discovery tonight and thought ............... who really cares about my husk? perhaps i could minus 1 on my original OP and say the wife really doesn't either, she will show because it is (for now) the done thing

Look after your mates

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Probably quite a few. Mostly my employees because those sneaky bastards will do anything for a day off.

In life as on line, I'm mostly funny, friendly and have made quite a few friends in our small little costal town way up here in the north west.

I don't think people will sob and beat their chests or rend their shirts at my passing. Most will say, "I'm surprised that bastard lived as long as he did".

Most will just try to steal all the cool toys in my office and steal my ergonomic chair. Bastards. hahahahaha

LOL, thanks for the laugh

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I don't want a funeral. I want a party.

With beer.

Sorry, both go hand in hand, if i outlive ya, beers are on me

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I don't know............Ill be dead.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

After my organs are donated the remaining ashes will be spread upon the waters of a creek in North Idaho near the Canadian border. I will make the slow journey to the Pacific Ocean through the holes I fished and the water I swam in, past towns I lived in and under bridges I swung from. All I need is one person to pour out my ashes.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Stuff me full of caramelo and let the family have at it. Spanglofrancogerm side, the Paler-Cracker side.

I'm sure they'd enjoy it.

Too many to count off hand, then you get the other ppl who show up because some how they felt obligated.

Go ahead stranger, take the first whack.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Not having one. I donated my organs....and if anything is left...I told the wife to just dig a hole in the back yard...and put me in it.

But seriously now? My wife is 10 years younger than me and will live to dance on my grave...and the dog to pee on my headstone. Thats...if she BUYS me one!

And all those people that show up at funerals you hadnt seen in years and years? Well...if they couldnt visit me while I was alive...I dont want them staring" at me when Im dead!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That's a thought I often had, and I think subconsciously many people do and are afraid of death, or of being alone, that they will live an extensive social life whether they really want it or not, for the sake of these moments when they come.

Here where I live, it considered a small wedding to have 100 people in... Normal weddings have about 300 people, or 300 strangers if you ask me... It's a silent agreement, you go to my wedding, i'll go to your wedding, nobody wants to be rude and not to show up.

Life is eventually not measured by the number of people that are around you, but by the life you have lived and if you have lived and died happily... That's all that matters. And most people fail at that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

If you wear an outfit like your avatar..I'm coming with or without beer...
but in all seriousness...I hope no more than 20 come to mine; I haven't really given it much thought but I can count true friends as numbering about 15, others may come out of respect for my spouse.

I'd rather it be low key, and that they have fun. Nothing worse than some of the "european" funerals I've been to. Some of the mourners start competing as to who can wail the loudest and longest. The scale of wailing is inversely proportional to the friendship they had with the deceased in life, its rather comical.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Opps sorry, "City"

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It has been brought to my attention that I won't be getting any to stop by.
They all come from the corners of the earth to gather out front of the parlor and smoke cigarettes. I'm glad I won't be a part of that.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I want my ashes to be put in a pistol, I'll literally go out with a bang.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join