It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people would attend your Funeral?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
OK, to start with, not being morbid or nothing, just watching ID on Discovery tonight and it got me wondering, and i have just have had to log in on this laptop to post

I have lived a longish life, been married twice. Main roots are 300+ miles north (Approx 40 years of roots) versus just over 10 in the South. Contacts, due to distance have been cut / minimized due to the fact 2nd wife does not like me chatting with people she don't know, be it telephone, FB etc. (Control Freak immediately springs to mind, forgive me).

Anyways, because of ID on discovery tonight, where i have seen chapels / churches etc full of people during a funeral, set my mind a wondering, how many could i expect at mine

Final answer, 1 person (the wife) plus her closest, 2 (son and daughter) to support mum, plus perhaps their spouses ................. 5 maximum people

Now, i have colleagues and contacts at work that i respect and hopefully they respect me enough to be there, however, work is not going to stop because i'm gone, so the majority will not get the time off, token gesture from work, perhaps another 2 people .............. makes 7 people

Hope the 7 can sing loud coz its not going to be a football match!

Quite sad when i think about it, that's why i decided to post ............... don't ask me to go find new friends ref insecurity of said person beforehand ......... it won't bother me, i'll be dead, but i can imagine the emptiness of my final resting place. P.S ..... i want the Hymn ..... "Abide With Me" played, but a recording from Wembley as my mourners just wouldn't cut it LOL

So, as the title states, How many people would attend your Funeral do you think? am i alone or is a full Chapel normal?

Cheers

CbG

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I cant answer that as I've already volunteered (on this thread) to be the first person to die of old age on the moon.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

You are not alone.

I feel I'd be lucky to have 5 at mine! But that's due to myself, I moved myself away from everyone and everything I knew, to live in a town of barely 8000 people. And I can't be bothered befriending any of them. I go about my things, they go about theirs, might have more of a social life when my son is old enough to make friends and by default I'll -have- to talk to other parents.

But in the meantime, if I were to die tomorrow, my partner and my son would likely be the only ones there. His parents might fly in from New Zealand to help him set things up and be by his side, help him with the day-to-day for a few weeks.

Sooo... Maybe 4 people?

Doesn't really bother me either way, I'll be dead!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
As long as the guy i paid to dress as the grim reaper and say nothing turns up ill be laughing

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Depending on when i die in relation to when my funeral goers are dying... Max 15.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I cant answer that as I've already volunteered (on this thread) to be the first person to die of old age on the moon.

Good luck with that

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Good honest answer, thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

edit on 2016-03-04T19:06:13-06:002016Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:06:13 -0600bFriday0603America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: irrelevant

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

ad's are personalised to your previous search history/online behaviour you dirty dawg

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
0 at my funeral. because I won't have one.
100+ at my wake, because I'm holding it at a pizza pub in town.

Free pizza, free beer. No tears. Just jokes, a few fist fights, and maybe a wet t-shirt contest.

link   
Funny this topic came up. My wife has sever depression and said "i wonder if anyone even would come to my funeral" i said of course they would.
Then she said the entire coty would show up for mine. I guess im sort of a big deal lol jk

link   
a reply to: haven123

LOL, somethings amiss then, i never, honestly, really ............ then again, try telling CPS honestly, really :-)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Funny this topic came up. My wife has sever depression and said "i wonder if anyone even would come to my funeral" i said of course they would.
Then she said the entire coty would show up for mine. I guess im sort of a big deal lol jk

Forgive me, coty?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
0 at my funeral. because I won't have one.
100+ at my wake, because I'm holding it at a pizza pub in town.

Free pizza, free beer. No tears. Just jokes, a few fist fights, and maybe a wet t-shirt contest.

You will vaporize then (ww3 prediction about nuclear attacks? Papa Johns wont survive either), no need for burial or cremation? don't they go hand in hand, with more at the wake (party)?

edit on 2016-03-04T19:17:14-06:002016Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:17:14 -0600bFriday1703America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-03-04T19:19:41-06:002016Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:19:41 -0600bFriday1903America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Damn Man I've thought about the same thing..I'm 37 now,and don't/never have used social media to chat with old friends so I'd say without it's prob about 10.If I did use it would be about 20,or more.
Edit*Btw,I was born & raised in a small little town,and don't plan on ever leaving here.
edit on 4-3-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Forgive me, coty?

City.

link   
a reply to: greydaze

Thanks GD, so chapel's aint full all the time so far, not so much as TV would have you believe

link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Wife is going to keep my ashes until she goes. When she dies, we'll put them together and dunno, make kitty litter or something.

Neither one of us wants any sort of ceremony or service.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

He He, now it makes sense
edit on 2016-03-04T19:23:15-06:002016Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:23:15 -0600bFriday2303America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: He sounds like a singular Male ........ HeHe is a laugh

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
None.

I will be cremated, no obituary, no wake, nothing but my dead ash in an urn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join