It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the worst aircraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
RAB

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
the starfighter looks like a flying tailpipe for suicide misions, The Dutch army quickly sold their their starfighters to Turkey once we got a taste of the F16

This one needs no explanation:

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

Dude that's really nasty but the F104 wins!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One of the most pilot unfriendly planes will have to be the Yak-38 IMHO, if I remember correctly, it had alot of accidents...

Ugliest plane...the earliest planes were all butt ugly...

Jeez, so many Dutchmen, are they so into conspiracy stuff? I thought I was a rare example!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I forgot the name of this plane but it is Ugly

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i must agree with ShadowXiX
that plane is one ugly mother f**ker

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I think one of the worst airplanes that have ever been made is the German Blohm & Voss Bv-141. It at least has to get the award for the ugliest airplane ever.

that looks like it was designed by a five year old who didn't have enoguh materials, with the hallf tail. Doe sthat thing accutually fly???

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wellwhoever made this
is an Idiot. Filll a flammable cloth with a flammable gas and add static and you got problems

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What a truly hideouos trimotor! (The older one, that is.) Who made that sorry thing?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The one you just crashed. Seriously, I would nominate the Moller Skycar, an aircraft that neither a rotorwing nor fixedwing pilot could love

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That "big bulky monstrocity" shot down 2 F-15 fighters in an excericise... before going on to bomb it's target and return to base unchallenged.

Yeah, good job for the pilots that knew their bomber (
) and somehow got a shot off at a few longhorns in their brand new fighter.
It surprises me though, how could it realistically have been shot down when in actual combat it totally wipes the floor against the opponent. Don’t give us that ‘outnumbered’ B.S. either. A fighter if a fighter and a threat to anyone. The fighters that fell victim to the F-15s knew they where there and they had BVR missiles, yet an F-15 has yet to be lost.

Anyhow I choose the ugliest aircraft, I have 2

The Caproni Stipa:

And the Westland Lysander P.12:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've seen some poorly made paper planes....

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
1. The Space Shuttle- A Trillion dollar killer bird that crippled America's space future.
2. Buran - Energia's Shuttle knockoff that did the same for the USSR. At least they kept the Soyuz.
3. TU-144- Another Soviet vanity project: a supersonic transport answer to the Concord. Sucked more than fuel.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Wellwhoever made this
is an Idiot. Filll a flammable cloth with a flammable gas and add static and you got problems

To be fair the Hindenburg, and its fellow Zeppelin the Graf, had flown far more than a million miles and through quite a few lightening storms and the Hindenburg itself was struck numerous times by lightening without any difficulty. When it blew up the people that died where those that jumped ship and the actual death count was only 35. Nevermind that the only reason for the Hindenburg being filled with hydrogen gas was because America had an embargo on helium, the preferred gas, and wouldn't let the Germans fill the zeppelins up with Hellium, so they had to resort to hydrogen.

Basically, the Hindenburg and Zeppelins in general have not really gotten the fairest of shakes in history.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Wellwhoever made this

!!! It was a smart thing with some kinks in it... Sort of like the first ballistic missiles of Germany and the ME-262... Or the Wright Flyer.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To me, the worst airplane ever built was the Spruce Goose.

Just a waste of time and effort by America's first billionaire, Howard Hughs.

P.S. I believe it'll make a hell of a bonfire though!

[edit on 11/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I nominate the Bristol Brabazon! I once read a description of its first flight which went "The Brabazon ambled slowly down the runway before lurching not very far into the air"

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAB

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

Dude that's really nasty but the F104 wins!

That is extremely repulsive!!!

What is that?? But I wouldn't mind owning one!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm not certain but I think its a Bleriot.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I'm not certain but I think its a Bleriot.

- It's a Farman isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was thinking Bleriot Farman or Breguet. I'll see if I can find out.

Edit; you were right sminkey, its a Farman Jabiru. They also made four engined models that were slightly prettier.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by waynos]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join