It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders and his "radical" revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I actually measured every dollar I earned/spent last year.

Then I took all of my expenses and categorized them into their tax rates.

Add it all up, and include mandatory fees (health insurance, car insurance, mortgage insurance, things I can't get away without paying...) and it comes to about 50% of my pre-tax income

I can't afford much more, sooner or later I'll be too broke to tread water.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Why worry about college, when a trade school as they are called here, are way cheaper? A local county technical institute (vocational school) depending on the proghram is a quarter of the the cost and sometimes a quarter of the time (vs a bachelors). You can push these people out and make them middle class contributing "taxpayers" faster than what a college ever could with whatever degree they crap out.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What seems clear to me is that you know far more than you claim. You plead ignorance but have plenty of answers when confronted with the reality of what a Sanders utopia actually means.

Perestroika is essentially what Bernie is offering. How did that work out?

Don't play coy millennial.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

If this is really of interest to you, you might want to take a sociological theory class. It gives a good basis for the answers you seek. But to answer your question, its all about capitalism. We live in a capitalist society. And thus why states or government can provide the cheapest medical, education, and transportation.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

No, he's offering something more along the lines of the Nordic model.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But in the Nordic model everyone pays taxes. So everybody no matter how little is paying into the system. Bernie conveniently leaves that part out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join