It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Voting in Vermont on Super Tuesday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WPTZ one of our local stations in Vermont, just reported that the number of Republican voters on Tuesdays primary doubled from the reported number in the 2008 primary. The number of Democratic voters declined surprisingly. (Vermont is a wicked Liberal state and that is wicked odd)

A voter in Vermont can ask for a ballot from either party during a primary and vote in that party and become a member for the sake of that one vote. So you can become a Republican the next primary if you so desire, et cetera.

Upon the first examination, the critical thinker may deduce that these folks have left the Democratic party to vote for Trump and more folks have entered the fray to support The Donald as well. Consider that Katich ran a very close second to Trump in the Vermont primary?

It is proposed that Vermont voters knew that their beloved BERNIE would win in a landslide and chose to vote Republican in order to vote against Trump.

It is clear, a lot of these folks voted for Kasich.

I thought that was interesting?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"Opposition is collaboration"- Ernst Younger, Eumeswil

You appropriate from the system even though, you are not a part of the system. You are sovereign. I think this is the beginning of the understanding that we create our own reality?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Standard procedure when you can do it. My state has a long tradition of voting for the weakest candidate of the opposing party in an attempt to get that person into the general where he or she can be more easily defeated. Of course both parties detest this and there have been attempts to change it. It's now a "top two" system where the two top candidates in the primary are on the general even if they are from the same party.

It's really become a mockery. The parties (ANY party) IMO ought to be able to select who they want on their ticket, but this has been circumvented because primaries are open to everyone. Of course, it's public money being used, so if the parties want total control, maybe they should hold their own elections and pay for them, too (which is the effect in caucuses.)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Interesting take on things. Who knows, maybe with social media there was some kind of organization to work against Trump? That would be hilarious if true.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There's whispers that independent voters in Massachusetts overwhelmingly went for Trump to make sure he was the Republican candidate to beat knowing either Hillary or Bernie could take him. Not exactly the same thing you mentioned, but independents tend to lean Democrat. If true, it's a shame since I would have rather seen Bernie win Massachusetts with those independent votes.

top topics

join