It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More proof of Turkey's meddling in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As is often the case, RT is about the only news agency that has western exposure that is on the ground in Syria. In this report they show the border town of Azaz, an Al Nusra stronghold. They get within 50m of flags flown by the group to mark their positions and are able to film the Turkish border along with Turkish military trucks coming through with supplies.

This is pretty good proof that Putin is not making up his accusations about Turkey, even though Erdogan is denying everything publicly. It is also why the current Russian / Syrian alliance strategy is to seal off the border with Turkey - they will then be able to strangle off all of the weapons smuggling that is keeping these terrorist groups in action.

So, while the western propaganda machine keeps accusing Russia and Syria of not targeting ISIS and going for their beloved 'moderate' groups, the two are working on a sound strategy to end the flow of arms in order to starve the opposition of weapons. Once they run out of ammo they will have little choice but to give up, ending the conflict.

edit on 4-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
turkey need booted from NATO they are treasonous backstabbers

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Guess they learned dirty tricks from mr.Botox himself..you know..Ukraine and all that. Btw,has Russia defeated Isis yet ? a reply to: markosity1973

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Must be a slow day. The usual suspects have not made their comments how RT is untrustworthy or plain propaganda. Does not matter how much proof anyone offers, we will always have the same folk spewing the same garbage. As long as the Russians and Syrians continue to kick the foreign jihadist asses, I'm happy.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Guess they learned dirty tricks from mr.Botox himself..you know..Ukraine and all that. Btw,has Russia defeated Isis yet ? a reply to: markosity1973

You do not understand their strategy - They are retaking the country bit by bit. The first objective is to seal off the border with Turkey to stop all the smuggling of weapons and oil that is keeping ISIS going.

Once that is done ISIS will be isolated from the outside world (Iran is an ally and Iraq is the other area where ISIS is) and they will be able to defeat them.

The willy nilly aerial bombardment that the West uses is only partially effective. While the roads are open and oil was getting smuggled out they had an almost unlimited supply of money, weapons and new fighters. Cut off their ties to the outside world and they will collapse.

Russia has been very effective in hurting ISIS

Wartime pressure on the Islamic State is forcing it to slash its fighters' salaries by half, according to documents leaked from inside ISIS territory.

money.cnn.com...

All the mercenaries are losing interest and ISIS fighters are walking away because it is not as financially rewarding being a cut throat brute any more.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HickoryStick
Must be a slow day. The usual suspects have not made their comments how RT is untrustworthy or plain propaganda. Does not matter how much proof anyone offers, we will always have the same folk spewing the same garbage. As long as the Russians and Syrians continue to kick the foreign jihadist asses, I'm happy.

I'm sure they will turn up.

But it's pretty hard to argue against the footage shown in that piece. Besides, I always watch the RT items before I post them to make sure they are accurate and truthful.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
So, while the western propaganda machine

Just to point out that your source is a self-proclaimed arm of Russian foreign policy.

That said, Turkey wants to remove Assad and that may mean they deal with unsavoury jihadists and those linked to such, although in the confused environs of Syria who knows who is supporting who on a day-by-day basis. RT is the least reliable of judges.

Note however that Turkey has designated Al Nusra as terrorists

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

who knows who is supporting who on a day-by-day basis.

Exactly, because you have Russia supporting the FSA, which are one of the groups fighting to remove Assad.

You need a score card to keep up.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

So, while the western propaganda machine

Just to point out that your source is a self-proclaimed arm of Russian foreign policy.

Yes they are. It does not translate into everything on RT is a lie though. One has to apply the same skeptical filters to RT as they do western MSM.

That said, Turkey wants to remove Assad and that may mean they deal with unsavoury jihadists and those linked to such, although in the confused environs of Syria who knows who is supporting who on a day-by-day basis. RT is the least reliable of judges.

Note however that Turkey has designated Al Nusra as terrorists

They also consider the Kurds (who I presume RT were with when filming that) as terrorists. Those trucks are heading into Azaz, an Al Nusra stronhgold. One of them was a miltary vehicle. so I highly doubt they were full of marshmallows and teddy bears. I'm sure there was some food etc among it, which is just another way they can disguise the movements of armaments.
edit on 4-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

breaking daesh in syria isnt a case of getting into one city and toppling a statue, and daesh aren't going to release a statement declaring their beaten and (while using best arnold accent) i'll be back.
also russia's main goal is to break the back of the 'western moderates' whose goal is to overthrow assad.
also,
america started bombing syria in september 2014,
russia in october 2015,
france/germany and others in november 2015 with the uk joining in december.
so the question is what exactly are america doing?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Whatever we are seeing and we could literally be seeing anything and anybody, why would this surprise anybody. Hezbollah, PKK, Al Nusra, Al Quida are all terrorist groups.

Hezbollah fights for Assad.

The PKK fought for the West against ISIS for awhile although they (along with the YPG) are backing off ISIS and pushing up against the Kurdish Persmerga and other Syrian Kurds.

Al Quida has fought against everybody and beside everybody at this point.

Al Nursa has as well, fought beside and against everybody depending on the location an the day.

On any given day most of these groups could be fighting beside you or against you.

As the final Western backed offensives move against ISIS this year all this is moving for post ISIS Syria and Iraq.

Assad is trying carve out some territory, the Kurds are facing off over what Kurds will control what, and everybody else is setting up areas of control so after ISIS the either get what they want in a peace deal or keep fighting.

What happens after ISIS is the question. Syria is finished as country under Assad. And unlikely to remain in one peace even under some unity government. So the fight for who controls what is on. You have the PKK and YPG blocking other Kurdish forces from attacking ISIS so they can take control. You have dozens of other factions also maneuvering for control of some sort. The only way Assad can survive is if Iran and Russia never leave. Everybody knows this just as they know ISIS is on its last legs. This is problem in Iraq as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: paraphi

who knows who is supporting who on a day-by-day basis.

Exactly, because you have Russia supporting the FSA, which are one of the groups fighting to remove Assad.

You need a score card to keep up.

Here is an excellent BBC article predicting what Russia's plan is - they have stuck to it so far.

As for their endgame - Russia wants to see a new unity government but for now;

"I suspect this is precisely what Russia is after, eliminating the immediate threat to the Syrian army, leaving no sensible opposition to Assad, while legitimating his forces as part of an anti-IS coalition.
"Further down the line, Russia will likely seek European support for a new political process, and try to force the US to come on board, as a vehicle for accepting Assad staying in power in the near term."

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Whatever we are seeing and we could literally be seeing anything and anybody, why would this surprise anybody.

A responsible neighbour would seal off the border to a war zone, ensuring that only humanitarian (food and medicine) supplies go in and the most vulnerable (women and children) refugees come out.

Turkey has done neither.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

They also consider the Kurds (who I presume RT were with when filming that) as terrorists.

To be factual, Turkey does not consider the Kurds to be terrorists, but they do consider the PKK to be terrorists, alongside many other countries.

The loss of love between Syria and Turkey was fuelled by Assad's support of the PKK.

I am not defending Turkey's treatment of the Kurds, nor Iran's, nor Iraq's, nor even Syria's. The Kurds are oppressed by everyone, although protected by the West in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

They also consider the Kurds (who I presume RT were with when filming that) as terrorists.

To be factual, Turkey does not consider the Kurds to be terrorists, but they do consider the PKK to be terrorists, alongside many other countries.

The loss of love between Syria and Turkey was fuelled by Assad's support of the PKK.

I am not defending Turkey's treatment of the Kurds, nor Iran's, nor Iraq's, nor even Syria's. The Kurds are oppressed by everyone, although protected by the West in Iraq.

Correct and thankyou for clarifying that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

SDF not FSA. SDF are mainly Kurds.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Hezbollah fights for Assad.

Its Hezbollah that has made progress agaisnt ISIS and other Islamic militants. That is why the Gulf regime states are siding with Israel to label them as terrorists.

new topics

top topics

join