It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeing/making actual sounds during sleep paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Has anyone ever been able to see during sleep paralysis? I have had sleep paralysis from time to time since I was little. It's just blackness (eyes closed) for me. I know some people say they have seen a shadowy figure during sleep paralysis. So, does that mean they had their eyes at least partially open or did they see a shadowy figure in their mind's eye? It is not the figure that I am concerned with, but the possibility of seeing during sleep paralysis.

I am also wondering if anyone has witnessed another person having sleep paralysis. As in, they witnessed strange behavior of another person sleeping, then sleeping person wakes up and says, "I just had sleep paralysis". I wonder this because I want to know if verbal sounds are actually made during sleep paralysis. When I have had it, I try to call for someone but to myself it just comes out as moans. I don't know if one actually makes the perceived noises or it is all in a dream state.

I'm hesitant to talk about why I am asking these questions. (I'm sensitive about it and I have weird social anxiety, even just on forums) However, I will say that I am comparing sleep paralysis with strokes.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll
When I have had it, I try to call for someone but to myself it just comes out as moans.

One night I had sleep paralysis, and I too tried to call for help, but all I could manage was a low moan. As I started to wake I realised Mr Dog was laying across my chest making it almost impossible to breath. I'm not sure quite what happened, that is, did he lay across me because I was moaning, or was I moaning because he was laying on me?
He never did that before or after, so I'm inclined to think he did it because I was already moaning, if thats true then yes, we do make noises.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

I heard the old man hollering for me, my name, like someone had their hand over his mouth.
Muffled, you know.
I rolled over and he was frozen. He was trying to scream my name but, his lips wouldn't open. His neck was tight and his jaws were like tight. He was staring up at the ceiling and his fists were clenched. He appeared to be unable to move. He really didn't remember it which I thought was odd as his eyes were open. He isn't really sure what happened.
Freaked us both out!

Maybe just a nightmare.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

I've had sleep paralysis before, but I don't know that it is a complete paralysis. I can open my eyes, hear, and see things, but I can't move my body.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah, someone witness me having it. And nope, I wasn't moving nor was I awake... Even though I could have sworn I was.

Another time I was by myself and I saw someone standing there watching me by the window. It was in the afternoon. I was able to wake myself up before anything bad happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll
Has anyone ever been able to see during sleep paralysis?

I would get S.P. every now and then in my mid-teens to early twenties and i'm not sure if my eyes were open, but i sure could see the room around me only able to move my eyes. The first time it happened i tried to scream for my grandma who i knew was in the house, it felt and sounded like i had put a fairly thick piece of cloth over my mouth and just breathed out real hard. As for the shadow people, i have seen them a couple of times, kind of scary but somehow i let them know i wasn't scared of them. When they weren't there i still felt a presence in the room. Haven't had a S.P. episode in about 8 or 9 years. Still interests the hell out of me though!

edit on 3/5/2016 by Tundra because: Added a detail

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I had it happen three times and all three times my eyes were open and I was seeing things.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I've been a sufferer of SP since I was a toddler and my eye's have always been open when it happens, in fact my eye's are the only thing I can move, even my breathing is on auto pilot and I can't control it.

Usually I just hear buzzing noises and get that awful feeling that something just out of sight is staring at me, sometimes have seen things which is just generally an object in the room that my mind has turned into something else.

Never felt like something was stopping me breath though, its apparently really common of SP to feel like something is restricting your chest but I guess I've just been lucky with that

top topics

join