It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 5th Asteroids, 2016 EG1 and 2016 DN2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I just googled that expression and it would be easier for you folks to do the same, than for me to figure out a link. There is a conversion link to UTC. It's some newish standard for universal time, I think.

Hopefully there will be lots of time for all of us to learn these things and have a new appreciation for the time we take for granted.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
I just googled that expression and it would be easier for you folks to do the same, than for me to figure out a link.

I usually do that, but when I think it's something other people would like to know I prefer to post my doubt, as a possible answer will clear that doubt for all the people that have it and no answer can make other people think about it and look for the answer themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ephemeris calculations on those JPL pages show the times in UTC.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
I think what we are in a period that they call: "two days of uncertainty".
I remember reading that somewhere.

spaceweatherradio
livemeteors

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I just googled that expression and it would be easier for you folks to do the same, than for me to figure out a link.

I usually do that, but when I think it's something other people would like to know I prefer to post my doubt, as a possible answer will clear that doubt for all the people that have it and no answer can make other people think about it and look for the answer themselves.

Wow. Interesting. There is a double nuance in your response. I'm still trying to learn to speak ATS and so far, I suck at it. I think it is a matter of first learning to hear ATS. But I'm also learning that it may not be worth the effort.

Still, I appreciate your response. Something to turn over a few times on my tongue.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an
BPEarthWatch's videos are comical at best. I would listen to the genuine amateur astronomers for news and info about NEOs if I were you.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm still trying to learn to speak ATS and so far, I suck at it.

I'm still learning English, so my "ATS" may be slightly different.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

With the risk of thread drift, it doesn't show. English is my first and only, and I have trouble with it all the time. It's not so much the words and grammar, but getting the abstract ideas into word form that is difficult.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
a reply to: Hex1an
BPEarthWatch's videos are comical at best. I would listen to the genuine amateur astronomers for news and info about NEOs if I were you.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join