It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland seeking to buy 2,000 sets of extra riot gear for Republican National Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Cleveland, Ohio is this year's site of the Republican Convention that will determine the Republican candidate for President.

With recent police "problems", it seems they have received federal money of $50 million !!!!

They are gearing up bigtime for the convention in apparent preparedness for possible trouble.

Riot gear seems to be the in the cards.

Which means somebody is "expecting" major street protesting I would imagine.

Ironic.

Cleveland seeking to buy 2,000 sets of extra riot gear for Republican National Convention

*Cleveland to buy 2,000 sets of riot suits and batons for GOP convention

*Also boosting police force from 1,200 to 5,000 officers during event

*Investigation found Cleveland Police systematically use excessive force

Cleveland is advertising for thousands of sets of riot suits and batons ahead of the Republican National Convention later this year.

The Ohio city is stepping up it's preparations for security during the July event, including spending some of its' $50 million security budget on 2,000 sets of riot gear.

Cleveland has been granted a $50 million federal security grant for the GOP convention, which kicks off on July 18.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If there is a brokered convention this may not be enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If there is a brokered convention this may not be enough.

Might be prudent to fund the firefighters as well. Cleveland could burn.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Cleveland could burn.

Would anyone care?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The way they are building race into the GOP election I could see where this very well may be much needed.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Protests occur at every American Dem. and Rep. national conventions. This one, though, has the twofer. Either Trump is shut out and shown the door - lots of protests in that case. Or Trump rides in tr(I)ump-hantly and the naysayers mull around the streets. Or maybe the residents of Cleveland will just protest that they live in, well, Cleveland. I've heard their river once started on fire.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good excuse to get all that fancy military like police gear...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
they are going to need the extra police to protect the protestors against over zealous trump supporters!!! there will be plenty of angry trump protestors and plenty of ballsy trump supporters who now see themselves as security thanks to getting empowered by trumps rhetoric and i'm paraphrasing here "i would like to punch that protestor" "in the good old days protestors would be taken out on a stretcher" "I got a big d%$#" !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Trump gets the nomination.

Lot of people won't be too happy.

Riot gear is a good call.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why does every GOP convention turn in to a martial law exercise?
Minneapolis, NYC - the cops went bonkers even arresting people before the convention even started!
Remember when Amy Goodman got cuffed and thrown in the clink?
Even press credentials won't save you from those goons.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Why does every GOP convention turn in to a martial law exercise?

It looks plausible when the GOP does it. Authoritarianism and all that.

edit on 4-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm guessing the people that live there would. I think it's cute you're on the 'Cleveland sucks' bandwagon. You must know sooooo much about the city. lol. Please, tell me more. Such valuable knowledge.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thektotheg
I'm guessing the people that live there would. I think it's cute you're on the 'Cleveland sucks' bandwagon. You must know sooooo much about the city. lol. Please, tell me more. Such valuable knowledge.

Actually I do, our corporate headquarters are there. What do you want to know?

top topics

join