It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a conservative. I'm a liberal. What's the compromise? Less government.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Unfortunately, less government is not the compromise.

Too many liberals in love with the idea of the Nanny State where the government mandates how things should be done.

There are also those who are opposed to it because too many conservatives want less government.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Good thinking there! The choice is fundamentally between freedom and unfreedom. That's where we must decide.

Look at the Chinese government who is expected to lay of 1.8 million workers in the coal industry soon. The people are at the mercy of the state, at the mercy of bureaucracy, with no other options.

We are either individuals or numbers, and the state considers us numbers.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I honestly don't understand why everyone isn't a Libertarian.

It's because they can't get anything done. They have no leadership. I'd like to think they're taking note of what's happening to the Republican Party and implementing a strategy to take advantage of a possible collapse or reorganization of the GOP...

...but they're probably too busy getting high and playing D&D.

Less government would be a step in the right direction. No government would be even better. If you follow the non-aggression principle all the way through to its final, logical conclusion, that is.

edit on 3/4/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm personally conservative, but I have the belief that we should not legislate how others live their life, which is why I come off as liberal.

It really would help everyone, of course you might have to move to a different County or state if you want your preference on things like state ran Healthcare, but I really think more people could live just how they want.

Other than the people who just want hand outs.. This would hurt them.

Believe it or not, most liberals do not support free loaders. Their ideas of taking care of the poor and weak are just different, not bad or evil or anything.

So we help the average American who wants to try to make their own life better, we lessen the government who makes our life worse, and we make free loaders upset as they couldn't live such a life as easily if local and state policies dictated otherwise..

Sounds like a win, win, win to me..

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Anarchy just won't happen.

It's like that Lord of lies story... Put people together, leaders and followers will result.

Now, I do personally believe independence should be possibly, though. Someone who wants to live off the grid, grow their own food, on their own land.. Never bothered, never taxed if they don't live within the system.

But anarchy just won't happen. I'm not against it, just being a realist.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

My philosophy has always been, "I don't care".

I don't care;
What you eat
What you smoke
Who you sleep with
Who you marry
What you earn
How many guns you have
What you do.

I just don't care. It's none of my business.

I wish the government didn't care either.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly.

I wish we had too small of a government to do anything about it even if they did care.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yea so we can poison, slave, and be evil with no one to care.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You dont care about pollution, toxic water, breathable air, education, public saftey, roads, or anything for that matter and this makes you a great american.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones

You dont care about pollution, toxic water, breathable air, education, public saftey, roads, or anything for that matter and this makes you a great american.

Point out where I said that.

I'll wait.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My philosophy has always been, "I don't care"

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

To easy

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Government writes the laws and regulations, not the rest of it.

We all have to live by those laws.

Remove that part of it and whole unravels like a really big knot. The banks, corps, etc., cannot compel us nearly as easily without the government strongman using law and regulation to bring us into line.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll wait.

Hey, you are one up on me.

He hates my name ... DUN, DUN, Duuuuuunnnnn!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

To easy

As to your opinion of me?

I really don't care.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll wait.

Hey, you are one up on me.

He hates my name ... DUN, DUN, Duuuuuunnnnn!

Well, it is a name that epitomizes evil.

No wait. That's Hillary Clinton.

Doesn't your name mean unicorn or butterfly?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones

Where has anyone said that?

When people say they don't care, they meanwhat you do privately, to or with yourself.

The majority of people and libertarians alike do care when you harm another.. Poison and toxins and mass amounts of pollution and all threaten lives.

You know, number one in life, liberty and happiness.

But we don't need a huge and overbearing federal government to tell us what to do. Leave local problems as local problems - only time to borrow resources from other states etc is if a problem got huge.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If someone can't differentiate between not caring what another person does in the privacy of their own home and not caring about people harming others, then it's a lost cause to even try explaining.

But I think you did a good job regardless.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Right. Not many people I know from any partisanship are complete sociopaths .. Most of those people are in DC.

Partisanship is just arguing about what legislation will benefit the people and the nation the most. Some focus on economics, some on morality, some on their perception of freedom.

Me? I think less legislation will help everyone. We don't need to support or reject any group of people or specific actions. We don't need to regulate or subsidize any business in many of the ways we do.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Just look at the billions that could be saved and the lives not ruined if we simply eliminated the laws against pot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join