It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Enthusiasts Spot A "Crucifix" On Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hope this turns out to be proof of civilization, regardless of them being christian or not...it would be good proof that mars was indeed populated and therefore could be terraformed once again to sustain life for the human race in the future.

Keyboard-wielding alien enthusiasts have spotted what they believe to be a cross next to the “fallen roof of a temple” on Mars.

The image was originally snapped by NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover on January 10, 2014. The supposed cross can be seen in the middle of the image, slightly to the left, if you squint a bit.

It was first spotted by French UFO and paranormal phenomenon enthusiast Christian Mace, and later picked up by UFO Sightings Daily.

On the site, they said: “I would be [bet] big money that this is a full size cross. Near the cross there is the ledges of a beautifully carved roof that has since caved in. It has archways carved in its top and three thin layered sections.”

While the spotters are certainly keen-eyed, this is not a crucifix. The most likely explanation of the sighting is the psychological quirk called pareidolia, where humans have a tendency to pick up recognizable features – particularly faces – when there are none, a bit like what you see during the classic Rorschach “inkblot” Test.

Link HERE

Regards,

SK

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
yep, someone died right there, R.I.P

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That must be where the Jetsons burried Astro. RIP Astro!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Warning Will Robinson, they've found Dr Zachary Smith's grave.

There's a broken crucifix just behind.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Another miniature work of miniature folks... ?
I also spotted stone hamburger and chicken leg
edit on 4-3-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
yep, someone died right there, R.I.P

"Here lies Lester Moore
Took three slugs from a .44
No Less, No Moore"
edit on 4-3-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like a grave marker out in the Arizona dessert.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Rocks. cracks and shadows. Oh and lets not forget that its only 2016 AD. Ridiculous as religion itself!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Looks like a grave marker out in the Arizona dessert.

Yuh just stole my thunder boyyy!

There's a bust of Adolf near the bottom left too. Obviously this is NASA in Arizona...Hmm, that's how my rock was moved.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MrMarc

That must be where the Jetsons burried Astro. RIP Astro!

I think that's where George dumped the task master, Spacely Sprocket.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Rat weasels, faces, fossils, marked graves, that place has it all, or does it? I've yet to see a penis

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead
Rat weasels, faces, fossils, marked graves, that place has it all, or does it? I've yet to see a penis

You just haven't looked closely enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead

You're not looking hard enough.

How about a floating one?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Went to the source, read something from UFO Sightings Daily.

That was where my interest ended...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

That's the grave site for the alternate ending of The Marian.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So religious wars took out Mars. Figures.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ignoring the pareidolia and the terrible source for a moment, how do you possibly come to this conclusion?:

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
...mars was indeed populated and therefore could be terraformed once again to sustain life for the human race in the future.

A planet's hospitableness in the distant past would have no bearing whatsoever on whether or not that planet could be terraformed and made able to support life again.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Just having fun with this thread...

In regards to terraforming, I was kinda going along with building a stronger atmosphere, etc. I recall Elon Mush using nuclear explosions above the surface of Mars to quickly heat the surface...

The tiny suns would then warm up the planet and turn any frozen carbon dioxide into gas. CO2 is a potent greenhouse gas, meaning it absorbs and traps heat. The more of the gas that's in the atmosphere, the warmer the surface of Mars becomes.

Link

Regards,

SK
edit on th43Mon, 07 Mar 2016 07:43:37 -0600K201633731am3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join