It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a point by point demolition of the flat earth claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
But there is really only one way to prove it one way or another. Let's mount an expedition to the end of the earth. To the very edge. It wouldn't cost much. Some boats, compasses, a few jeeps an airplane rental, maybe a helicopter, some gps equipment, maps and some food and fuel and other supplies.

I believe the earth is NOT flat, but just saying. If you really believed the earth was flat, you could just mount an expedition, yeah? $10K BOB alone could pay for all of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's twice now you've whiffed. Strike three and you're outta there!

Try addressing my point with relative conjecture. How do we not feel this 31 mile adjustment made by a passenger jet at cruising altitude? I'm not talking about gravity. This is earth curve and a vehicle maintaining 30k ft while adjusting to the curving earth below. 31 miles. Now try again

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrupISright

That's twice now you've whiffed. Strike three and you're outta there!

Try addressing my point with relative conjecture. How do we not feel this 31 mile adjustment made by a passenger jet at cruising altitude? I'm not talking about gravity. This is earth curve and a vehicle maintaining 30k ft while adjusting to the curving earth below. 31 miles. Now try again

The reason we don't feel it is because we are keeping a relatively same distance from the ground.

Plane acting as an up force. Gravity acting as a down force.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes...an expedition to Antarctica should prove it one way or the other, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Strike 3! Hit the pine, buddy!

the plane would have to descend constantly. Put your physics cap on and think. Think of how you would maintain a level flight around a sphere. Can you do it by keeping the flight level? Or do you have to adjust for the curve below? You're not obtuse, you're just stubborn. I realize this argument will go nowhere and you'll end up trolling me into anger - so I'll stop.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

the plane would have to descend constantly. Put your physics cap on and think. Think of how you would maintain a level flight around a sphere. Can you do it by keeping the flight level? Or do you have to adjust for the curve below? You're not obtuse, you're just stubborn. I realize this argument will go nowhere and you'll end up trolling me into anger - so I'll stop.

So this is me being wrong because you said so?

You know there's this special thing used to prove stuff nowadays. It's called science.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Oh my god. You cant possibly be serious . I'm sorry that your education had failed you so badly.

edit on 4-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know what I believe. I'm just content to not knowing for right now. I don't believe the earth is a sphere, at least with the measurements were told or the hilarious pictures we see.

But, I can't answer every question about flat earth and I do have a few of my own. Like Lunar Eclipses for example. And Antarctica, I'd like to go. But the guided trips only take you to a small portion of it. I'm surprised nobody claims it and the treaty has held up this long. You'd think it would be exploited somehow and has to have an abundance of usable, unmolested resources.

People are just so mean to others whom question the current scientific paradigm. Here especially. "Don't follow me. Well, you're stupid that's why" What a horrible thing to do to another. We aren't searching for truth. We are shoving our worldviews on each other and the reason people fight is because it's a sad behavior.

Nobody knows Space. Nobody knows what Earth is because we just don't. We have faith in our text books or internet queries. That's all really.

Some of us will just admit to being ignorant while others just call people that. I saw this quote earlier and it reminded me of the daily discourse here:

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrupISright

and yet here you are, defending the indefensible like it has you worried your world view is about to crash.

If you support the ridiculous why are you surprised by ridicule?

Your allegations of gangstalking and organised opposition are worthy of reporting to moderators - it's a nice way of ducking out of any kind of discussion to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of working together. Simply stating that pictures of a spheroid Earth are false doesn't actually prove that they are false.

Why not ask your pilots whether they think the world is flat?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Flat Earth maps are the best maps ever. Shanghai hangin' high.

Behold the splendour.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know what I believe. I'm just content to not knowing for right now. I don't believe the earth is a sphere, at least with the measurements were told or the hilarious pictures we see.

But, I can't answer every question about flat earth and I do have a few of my own. Like Lunar Eclipses for example. And Antarctica, I'd like to go. But the guided trips only take you to a small portion of it. I'm surprised nobody claims it and the treaty has held up this long. You'd think it would be exploited somehow and has to have an abundance of usable, unmolested resources.

People are just so mean to others whom question the current scientific paradigm. Here especially. "Don't follow me. Well, you're stupid that's why" What a horrible thing to do to another. We aren't searching for truth. We are shoving our worldviews on each other and the reason people fight is because it's a sad behavior.

Nobody knows Space. Nobody knows what Earth is because we just don't. We have faith in our text books or internet queries. That's all really.

Some of us will just admit to being ignorant while others just call people that. I saw this quote earlier and it reminded me of the daily discourse here:

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible

There are some things we KNOW. Some things that cant possibly be wrong. That whole "we don't know anything for certain" is bullsh*t. Some things we do know and will never be proven wrong. One is that the Earth is a sphere (put simply) ...actually, what am i doing arguing this ridiculous topic with you. Your call to be ignorant if you choose to be, but don't you dare flip i around and make out like WE are the ones being silly.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Just watch all the people that will ridicule me because I question heliocentric theory and spherical earth. It's quite hilarious.

My world view is fine. I just felt like chiming in to give this place a break from the crap the OP was trying to shove down their throats.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You have exactly 0 empirical proofs the earth is a sphere. Science gave us the earth curve formulae and it proves the earth isn't the mainstream dimension you believe it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Actually...nope. Once you arrived at the pole the compass would go wonky, it is all snowy white as well, and they would say "We simply got lost and turned back around, we are just going back the way we came, proof if any were needed"!

There is no solution. Ever.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well sure...until the expedition falls in that hole that leads to the hollow Earth civilization.

edit on 3/4/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
oh dear - i has a simple question - if your above rant is true - then why the hell do flat earthers and religious wingnuts turn out to be the same people so often ????

Oh it's true alright...

Some religious wingnuts are just plain gullible, just like some of the Darwinist wingnuts.

Evolution and religion both share many similarities simply because they are both extremely powerful mind control tools.

In fact, the flat earth story is a myth, propagated by academics in order to paint their adversaries falsely as fools. It’s a politically motivated lie—just like Global Warming theory.

The Flat Earth is a myth

Did you get that? The real reason why the "flat earth" myth persists is because of a deliberate and deceitful effort by Darwinists to propagate it in order to discredit Christians. The truth about the earth was known and accepted - until Darwinists set off on an anti-Christian propaganda campaign to muddy the waters. Long discredited myths (invented by Darwinists!) are trotted out as a matter of course.

The Recycling Of Anti Christian Mythology

But the story is totally false. It was pure fiction until it was turned into a phony historical claim by late-19th century Darwinists who used it to slander Christians.

Matthew Paul Reves' Amazon review

The pseudo-historical propaganda of Draper and White has been thoroughly discredited by twentieth-century historians. Apparently, however, Graur doesn't read much history. Instead, he unknowingly caricatures critics of Darwinism on the basis of a myth that the Darwinists themselves fabricated.

Not The Flat Earth Myth Again!

The flat-earth myth...a very successful attempt to discredit creationists. To discredit their critics Darwinists needed support, and since the evidence for the creation of all life by natural means was non-existent then other means were sought. The few writings of those who claimed the Church suppressed science, especially the flat-earth claims, were exploited by the foes of creationism.

The flat-earth myth was created by intellectuals in their attempt to discredit Darwin sceptics. This ploy indicates the lack of persuasive scientific evidence for Darwinism that existed at that time in history. Darwinists, secularists and others saw the flat-earth myth as a ‘powerful weapon’ against sceptics.

The flat-earth myth and creationism

Both J.B. Russell and Gould argue that Draper and White had an agenda to discredit Christians who opposed the then-new theories of Darwin as ‘flat earthers’. Nothing much has changed!

Flat earth myth

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Actually...nope. Once you arrived at the pole the compass would go wonky, it is all snowy white as well, and they would say "We simply got lost and turned back around, we are just going back the way we came, proof if any were needed"!

There is no solution. Ever.

Why can't you just go east or west and find the edge though? No north or south pole needed.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The flat earth myth has been around for years and years and years. It was originally thought of BEFORE Darwin was alive. So to say it has anything to do with Darwinian evolution is straight up false.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Comment deleted by me.

Not playing to trolls. Sorry
edit on 4-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014

You have exactly 0 empirical proofs the earth is a sphere. Science gave us the earth curve formulae and it proves the earth isn't the mainstream dimension you believe it is.

Please explain how the day-night cycles work with a flat earth, especially how those cycles changes seasonally for different areas of the Earth, and how the arctic gets 24 hour days in June and 24-hour nights in December, whole the Antarctic's cycle is reversed.

Explain how that works on a flat Earth.

Also, explain why a stake driven into the ground in, say, Sicily will have a different length shadow than one in Berlin at the same time.

edit on 3/4/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join