It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will vote for Trump as the candidate of the Republican Party or I will not vote.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I suspect your missing some information. Trump has been hard on Zuckerberg on this issue and is against H1B when Americans are available for those positions. Google it.

He's been the only candidate to take on Facebook on this issue. I don't know it some selected data is being pushed to confuse or what, but he is actively fighting this publicly.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
HB-1 are difficult cause it not just a case of just having ones nationality qualified

Eg
As you know I am scientist working in Pharma and where I work my departments is very multicultural. My team is made up of fellow Brits, Pakistani’s, Indians, Polish, Irish,, South Africans, Spanish and Americans.
Some of that is down to not finding the qualified people, But others its down to the fact science related fields need to shift staff around and to “mix things up”. My company thrives on rotating its employees round the world to get maximum experience and effectiveness from their teams. There no undercutting o wages as everyone gets paid the same for the same type of job.
So robust skilled Visas are an integral part of certain industries.
It just has to be regulated so that it does not undercut wages and can’t be abused.

edit on 5-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: bucsarg

Based from these dysfunctional behaviors, that Mr Trump continually exhibits, he will in most situations cause ongoing grid lock as well as decisions not well thought through. He causes destruction.

No he won't ....

On the remote chance trump get's the nomination and is elected; he will do exactly what his neocon masters tell him to do just like Obama did. Bend over and take it....

I know it's hard to imagine that real power isn't political but it's not. It's economic and controlled by a power that doesn't need all the BS rhetoric and grandstanding; satisfied to rule behind the curtain for an agenda most can't even comprehend.

Enjoy the political theater....best show in town.

I almost feel guilty to admit, I work for the media and the GOP signs my checks.

hypnotic lil feller, isn't he?

Who are these mythical neocons you speak of?? No one can ever give an answer. They were purged from the Obama administration even went through and fired generals and replaced them. So who secretary of state? Secretary of defense? FBI director? They have all been changed yet you attribute neocoms with a magical quality do you believe in fairies too??

Who you callin a fairy?

Why in hell can't you do your own research? Or are you just trolling, trying to sound cute?

Here ya go....they're still around!

www.sourcewatch.org...

www.publiceye.org...

www.oldamericancentury.org...

These guys still yield awesome power with the military/industrial/complex. They have no need to swagger around like trump, they don't crave attention.... and fyi...Obama is their bitch.

edit on 5-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

a reply to: bucsarg

Based from these dysfunctional behaviors, that Mr Trump continually exhibits, he will in most situations cause ongoing grid lock as well as decisions not well thought through. He causes destruction.

No he won't ....

On the remote chance trump get's the nomination and is elected; he will do exactly what his neocon masters tell him to do just like Obama did. Bend over and take it....

I know it's hard to imagine that real power isn't political but it's not. It's economic and controlled by a power that doesn't need all the BS rhetoric and grandstanding; satisfied to rule behind the curtain for an agenda most can't even comprehend.

Enjoy the political theater....best show in town.

I almost feel guilty to admit, I work for the media and the GOP signs my checks.

hypnotic lil feller, isn't he?

Who are these mythical neocons you speak of?? No one can ever give an answer. They were purged from the Obama administration even went through and fired generals and replaced them. So who secretary of state? Secretary of defense? FBI director? They have all been changed yet you attribute neocoms with a magical quality do you believe in fairies too??

Who you callin a fairy?

Why in hell can't you do your own research? Or are you just trolling, trying to sound cute?

Here ya go....they're still around!

www.sourcewatch.org...

www.publiceye.org...

www.oldamericancentury.org...

These guys still yield awesome power with the military/industrial/complex. They have no need to swagger around like trump, they don't crave attention.... and fyi...Obama is their bitch.

So your proof goes back to the Bush administration you do know Obama has been president for 7 yrs Now. So you want to get up to date and point someone out in the Obama administration instead of Bush. See your stuck in a false narative even in your link it ends in 2006 wow. Nwocons had their shot they messed up with Iraq and now have been relegated to the dust bin of history.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Text
a reply to: crazyewok

Zuckerberg isn't responding to Trump's 'claims' at all. The quotes both from Trump supporters and individuals that, prior to termination, were forced to train their 'replacements' , all hired at lower wages than those citizens replaced.

I agree re wage equality, at the least.

What I find interesting is that the gov't obliges, for the convenience of your company, and I assume others, this mechanism of interchangeable employees between countries. Sorry, but my alarm bell is ringing on this LOL.

It strikes as an apparently innocuous initial move with broad world corporate control/influence in the future. The numbers I've seen quoted are around 73% trained in Zuckerberg's arena, unemployed. I don't buy into the U.S. not being able to supply the vast majority of these employees and also have a problem with the Executive branch willy-nilly making these decisions.

The Big Pharmas have huge financial tools to influence every facet of our gov't and economy.

Not a fan whatsoever.

edit on 5-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Not entirely sure what your getting at.

In science fields diversity is pretty important.

Plus the way the way my company works is that there are facilities located in Japan, UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium and south Africa.

R&D is located mostly in the UK and and USA and the USA , Belgium, Spain and Italy have has most of the manufacturering.

That is vital high tec manufacturering jobs for the USA.

Thing is that means the UK needs to import some Americans over here that are knowable in USA manufacturering and sone times we need to send Brits over working on R&D projects to get them up and running into manufacturering processes.

Smooth transition of resources is vital to keep everything running smoothly.

My company probably gives the USA 15-20,000 jobs, a lot of them rare manufacturering jobs.

Worth letting a few hundred HB-1 visas in for that right?

200 evil foreigners for 15,000 American jobs seems like a good deal to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I see your point.

What I'm 'getting at' is this momentum towards internationalizing corporations. These entities offer no loyalty to their originating nations. I, frankly, don't buy into this 'need' for 'diversity' on the corporate level.

We end up with back door agreements like TPP sans input from the people or any attention given to national repercussions of these agreements.

Zuckerberg is a perfect example of it. Back to the topic, Trump is the only one I see pointing fingers to exactly the right person, in this case. The rest? Generalities and the avoidance of these issues.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

But why do they need national or political loyalty?

Surely a corporation that does not interfere with politics or get involved with nationalism is ideal so long as it pays it taxes , abides by the law and creates jobs?

Plus with pharmaceuticals the cost of developing a new drug or treatment is astronomical. It costs $500 million to 1.5 billion to get a new drug through R&D, clinical trials and on to the market. Its cheaper and easier to get a manned rocket into orbit! And thats just ONE drug. Most company's have dozens or hundres in the pipeline as most fail.

Thats why all the major pharma company's are international as one country just doesn't have the resources or infrastructure to support the industry.

Im just speaking for my industry here so cant speak for IT, aerospace ect.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Doesn't interfere with politics? Really?? REALLY??

Man that is an unbelievably blind comment I've seen in a while. Our whole system of gov't has been subverted by Crony Capitalism, Corporate donations, and lobbyists. We are so far past the point of any separation between vested interests and gov''t that what you state as an 'ideal' would have to be researched by historians to find the last example.

The WTO, TPP, NAFTA, free trade agreements are all corporate motivated. If there was any loyalty to the originating nation-and there should be just like the citizenry, else be 'shunned' or boycotted- the U.S. wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

Yet again, I see Trump as the most likely to address this, at least to some degree, than the rest of the candidates currently running.

edit on 6-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I agree in spirit... but not in the particulars... i.e., Trump. He is very definitely part of the establishment and the elite.

Look, this is true, but Trump has a much better role in this. Americans win by voting Trump as much as Americans can win in politics.

Note that Trump is elite. The establishment work for the elite. A Trump win means the establishment have failed to maintain order and complacency and it's time to re-build both the US itself and the establishment of the US, because there is no way in hell the elite want to actually lose control of the country. The establishment have been living it up instead of taking care of business, and the elite are displeased.

Trump's role is that if he wins, it's the establishment that will be punished for failing to maintain order. The raping and pillaging will have to stop for a while until America is wealthy and sleepy enough again to ignore the raping and pillaging.

The elite know that America has had just about as much as it can take. The last thing they want is for a genuine revolution to get going. And honestly, sane and intelligent people don't want it to come to that either. If Trump wins, a generation of establishment leeches will be burned off and flushed away.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Look I’m trying not to get political here and just trying to give your insight into at least how my industry works and how it relies on the smooth flow of resources and people between the UK and USA. Thousands of US jobs depend on that.
If the USA stopped H-B1 Visa completely my company would likely just pull the manufacturing part out of the USA and dump it in India or China. Boom 15,000 USA high tec manufacturing jobs gone.Poof. It’s what happened in the UK, we tighten up high skilled immigration because of the stupid EU. And my company transferred a crap ton of the manufacturing jobs out, so all we have left are the R&D jobs mainly.

edit on 6-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
DP
edit on 6-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am voting for Trump. Period. I am 50 years old and can barely recognize my country any longer! I recall the first time I saw menus at a McDonalds in Spanish and English....in 1983....in El Paso, Texas. It was a strange sight to me, having come from East Texas where the only Hispanic I saw was the dishwasher at a Mexican food restaurant. NOW, I see job postings where you MUST be bilingual in Spanish....in a field I have worked in for 30 years, I have a hard time getting a job because my Spanish is not that fluent. My husband is an EE for a GERMAN company (HUGE one) and now, he says there are mostly Visa Indians working there. 17 engineers have left in the past 5 years and have been replaced by Indian or Chinese engineers.
I went to Saudi Arabia in 1998...scary place for an American woman...THAT was the first time I saw a woman wearing an "abbaya" (a Hijab in the KSA), now, just walking down the street in Chicago or going to the grocery store, I see women in Hijabs everywhere. In the "middle eastern" hood on Devon (again, in Chicago), there are now signs, (within the last year or so) that now proudly state that Sharia law is followed...before, it was simply that halal meat was being sold.....
When i went back to SLC,UT after having been gone for 16 years, entire NEIGHBORHOODS are now Hispanic, where before Obama there were no "segregated" neighborhoods to speak of....(maybe less Mormon ones and MORE Mormons ones...)
Gas prices are out of control, more corporate theft, police killing people. blacks unhappy, less money in out pockets, our children are almost uneducated compared to other nations, student loan debts out of control, homes that are worth 60K going for 260K, banks stealing money, politicians not listening to the people and selling us out for self interests......I could go on and on and on.....

Now, I am not very political at all...and I DO think Trump is a little vulgar and is NOT a politician...but you know what? Maybe....just maybe we need a man like Trump to send a message to FUTURE generations of presidential candidates: the American people are awake and PISSED OFF that we have been sold down the river and we just aren't going to take it any longer. I do not like to use the word revolution....but I can see one in the horizon unless something changes....and to ME, all the other candidates are career politicians and part of the "establishment" that has ruined America.....Trump may be vulgar, insulting to many and not a politician.....but to me, he talks the talk I want to hear right now.....

(and before I get blasted for being a xenophobe or racist, I do NOT dislike Hispanics or Muslims or ANY race...but the immigrants who come to this country should go about becoming citizens the RIGHT and LEGAL way...the way ALL of our ancestors did....not expect to be REWARDED for scoffing at and breaking American law....

my opinion, Ya'll.....and whether Trump is elected or not, we ALL have to admit that SOMETHING has got to give soon and America needs some MAJOR overhauling to get back to its status as a GREAT country again......

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

You have been heard.

Continue spreading that message. It's the only hope left for us.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

You may have this nailed perfectly.....

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Look I’m trying not to get political here and just trying to give your insight into at least how my industry works and how it relies on the smooth flow of resources and people between the UK and USA. Thousands of US jobs depend on that.
If the USA stopped H-B1 Visa completely my company would likely just pull the manufacturing part out of the USA and dump it in India or China. Boom 15,000 USA high tec manufacturing jobs gone.Poof. It’s what happened in the UK, we tighten up high skilled immigration because of the stupid EU. And my company transferred a crap ton of the manufacturing jobs out, so all we have left are the R&D jobs mainly.

I can see what your saying. I don't disagree with it either. The sad part is any solution is a two edged sword. The direction, overall, is a bad one IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I think there are issues. They just need to be tackled carefully and delicately.

I think the main problem are the trade pacts between third word country’s and first world country’s.

Free movement of trade and skilled labour across say USA/Belgium/Japan and Italy not to much of a problem. Wages are about the same and so are standards of living and each offer advantages and support to each other.

Problem is trade and movement between say the USA and India. Manufacturing costs will always be lower in India as you can pay the workers a fraction of the price there. And likewise with the HB1 visa people from those country’s are more likely to exploit it.

And future US leader has to weigh up stopping jobs being lost aboard but at the same time balance the need for sharing international assets were needed and were it actually creats US jobs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

Americans win by voting Trump as much as Americans can win in politics.

I don't believe that for a minute. Trump may be the best "win" Americans can see at this point, but it's not the best we can do by a long shot. It's defeatist and self-defeating. Whether we think we can or think we can't, we're right, because it's self-fulfilling prophecy.

Note that Trump is elite. The establishment work for the elite.

Not exactly. The establishment works for themselves, selling their votes to the highest bidding of the elite -- but for their own benefit.

A Trump win means the establishment have failed to maintain order and complacency and it's time to re-build both the US itself and the establishment of the US, because there is no way in hell the elite want to actually lose control of the country.

Or maybe the "elite"... as in Donald Trump... is just tired of paying a middleman. Trump can never pay enough politicians enough to get anything and everything he wants. Maybe he just decided to cut out the middleman, invest a few years in the cesspool we know as the capitol, and use the power of the office to set himself up for life.

The elite know that America has had just about as much as it can take. The last thing they want is for a genuine revolution to get going. And honestly, sane and intelligent people don't want it to come to that either.

Very true. I suspect both the establishment and the elite know they're walking on thin ice right now -- even better than we know!

If Trump wins, a generation of establishment leeches will be burned off and flushed away.

Definitely! A Trump win will definitely change DC, and in some ways I'm sure we can't even imagine yet. Murphy's Law comes to mind... as does the law of unintended consequences. But will it be for the better? Probably both for the better and the worse, depending on one's perspective.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Gov. Gary makes me proud to be a libertarian.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Balance? Yes. Take each individual circumstance case by case? Perhaps down the road when the bleeding has been arrested, so to speak.

In general, I agree re the India example. Personally, I'm still wary of the growth of international corporations and this free movement whether the argument is that in some instances it increases jobs. The truth is, over-all, we've lost far more jobs than your example has given us. That net loss is, IMO, far more important than a single corporate situation you cite.

You step warily. I step with a harsher view. Withdrawing from the WTO is in the realm of my view of it. Import tariffs on low wage nations and those nations devaluing the currency proportionately. Along those lines. When the bleeding is curtailed, then ,perhaps, on a case by case basis, but not before.

I say again, this is most likely to occur with Trump. Almost zero chance with any of the others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join