It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will vote for Trump as the candidate of the Republican Party or I will not vote.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed. I don't see Trump locked into either ideological camp. This is part of his appeal, at least to me, in that I no longer belief all the solutions lie in either camp-even though I believe the majority are in the right side of the spectrum-he doesn't seem restricted or owing to anyone in particular.

A perfect example is his attack on Apple for it's stance and especially his direct pointing of fingers to Zuckerberg for his immigration hypocrisy-which no one else had the guts to go public with in the candidate arena.

Still, I full acknowledge the potential risk in this position. I see no other out.

edit on 4-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: centarix

I can't see a single reason to vote, ever, for anyone. Human delusion at its best thinking our short term could ever diverge from the long term past. & going there to write "no confidence" literally couldn't be less pointless & not worth anyone's time. Who do you think is gonna read that? That seems like a weird personal ego thing, I would get the exact same pleasure from simply not participating.
Not voting really isn't making a statement either. I know a few people who think its helps show a government isn't proper when hardly anyone votes. However, ever since voting started hardly anyone voted at all... only property owner head of households. People were not standing around and saying, "Wow so few people vote that the system must be corrupt to the core."

I'm in agreement that voting is truly a waste of time. I do vote sometimes when a neighbor asks me to vote on a topic I agree with. At the local level, if you have a friend running and they do win, then why tempt a good friend to that level of corruption? My town is very corrupt, and politics is about rewarding your friends and punishing your enemies. So, discouragement of friends from joining politics is a decent reason to not vote as well.

I was presenting the least objectionable reason to vote, which is to express who the best candidate is, regardless of whether they are on the ballot or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism[1][2] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. Influenced by national syndicalism, fascism originated in Italy during World War I, in opposition to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism. Fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.[3][4]

Fascists saw World War I as a revolution that brought massive changes in the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of total war and total mass mobilization of society had broken down the distinction between civilian and combatant. A "military citizenship" arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner during the war.[5][6] The war had resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to serve on the front lines and providing economic production and logistics to support them, as well as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens.[5][6]

Fascists view World War I as having made liberal democracy obsolete, and regard total mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[7] Such a state is led by a strong leader — such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party — to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[7] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[8][9][10][11] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[12]

Since the end of World War II in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist, and the term is instead now usually used pejoratively by political opponents. The descriptions neo-fascist or post-fascist are sometimes applied more formally to describe parties of the far right with ideologies similar to, or rooted in, 20th century fascist movements.[13]

Sound familiar?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You conservatives voting for Trump, imo, is a good thing. Cruz and Little Marco are terrible.

Trump is a moderate mostly except on immigration.

He’s become a Rand Paul in foreign policy—which is a good development.

Trump as he gets nearer to the nomination is already coming closer to his moderate roots---another good thing if he is sincere.

He just disowned that madness of supporting torture---another good thing

He needs to disown next the extreme idea of banning Muslim immigration though they should be weary of Wahhabi immigrants, imo.

On Two Issues Trump is GREAT!

Trade and making corporations STOP moving jobs overseas

The problem is that the elite of the elite wants to cripple the American economy

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
a reply to: nwtrucker

I do not wish to attack you. I respect your opinion and your privilege to vote for whomever you believe will help the people of our country.

I do have a serious question for you. But before I ask it I wish to provide some information I believe is true.

Mr. Trump has been identified to have NPD (Narrsistic Personality Disorder). This identification has been made from professional psychiatrists. The symptoms NPD provides is very clear and concise. Mr. Trump behaviors exhibit these exactly.

Based from these dysfunctional behaviors, that Mr Trump continually exhibits, he will in most situations cause ongoing grid lock as well as decisions not well thought through. He causes destruction.

So my respectful question to you is why would you vote for a person who is very dysfunctional?

Where did you get this diagnosis on Trump?

From the shrinks he visits?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Below are a few of the links regarding Mr. Trumps mental assessments :

Link

Link
edit on 3 4 2016 by bucsarg because: Reestablish links.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You either use your vote as one of the hive to put a person in office or you use it as a weapon to prevent a person from getting into office. Not voting is empowering the momentum wave to have power OVER you.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Thanks much....
A good belly laugh resulted. I shared it with a large anti-psych group, it should garner Trump a few more votes.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
You either use your vote as one of the hive to put a person in office or you use it as a weapon to prevent a person from getting into office. Not voting is empowering the momentum wave to have power OVER you.

I used to believe that. No more. It's part and parcel the mechanism that keeps the same crowd in power. In this instance, in these times, A massive non-vote threat may force a change in attitude in the establishment. If not? This time it will do in this party and I say good riddance.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The only thing about Trumps candidacy I like is that you can clearly see his support and the establishment playing their tricks. Same thing with Sanders, we get to see pure corruption from both the DNC and RNC. It's shines a glaring light on this major issue that people can't ignore anymore.

That said, Trump is a salesmen who is selling himself but has little substance. He reminds me of brownies at 7-11. Sure they look great but are bleh.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh FML...

I was going to say in that case please just don't vote. Too many people supporting that utter flipping nutbar already, but sadly this is a race filled with nutbars.

I could perhaps hold my nose to support Sanders as he's been on the right side of most of the topics I care about, but this looks to likely be boiling down to a Trump vs. Clinton election, and...god help us all. People have complained about Obama, but those two are off-the-rails flipping trainwrecks waiting to happen.

This country really missed the boat when they/the media passed on Ron Paul. We rejected a 'prophet' who foretold the last 14 years alone in 2002. 'nuff said.

What the hell has Trump ever foretold? Not even his own shifting postions. The man has no clue and his spoutings are self-contradictory and frightening lunacy. Clinton? Jesus, help me.

I see no good of either outcome, but we have more than well enough earned this abuse. So let it be.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Cruz and Rubio haven't impressed me.

That being said. . . .

IF I vote, it'll be for a candidate against Hillary or Sanders.

I will never vote for either of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

Not voting is also a way to reduce your investment in the country, if you don't like the direction things are going and there's no one who represents your views, why should you help any of them? Instead it can be much better for your mental health over the next term to simply be detached from it all.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that more people shouldn't vote. Among other reasons, the lower the voter turnout is, the easier it is to get someone good into office when they do show up. If there's for example 33% voter turnout and votes split roughly 50/50, you need to convince roughly 53 million people to vote for you right now (ignoring the EC). But when voter turnout is only 5% one only needs to make a convincing case to 8 million.

Far more people should choose to not vote than to vote for what they see as the lesser of two evils, they would end up with people they do like much more often. Voting isn't a say in your leader, it's an endorsement of the power structure in place. It is much easier to change when fewer people endorse it.

Remember this, a large portion of the Republican establishment that Trump is trying to beat right now are just people who want to vote against Hillary.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So you would be voting for a authoritarian? why bother voting?

The GOP are full of War mongers.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: queenofswords

Barack Obama is not really a leader. He has no clue how to work across the aisle, and his ego is so enormous that he has never been able to set it aside to affect a healing. Reagan was a master at bringing us all together, and even Bill Clinton had some ability to do that.

Obama, otoh, is too narcissistic and full of himself to achieve anything close to healing and bridging the gap. He, instead, divides further and makes old wounds that were healing just fine, gape open once again. Then he sticks his hand in and irritates it that much more. IMO, he has been a dismal failure in bringing Americans together as one....different yet the same.

I have never seen Obama be narcissistic or have a big ego. I have seen talking news heads say it quite a bit though.

Here is an analysis of Obama's narcissistic personality disorder, by Sam Vaknin (well known for his expertise on NPD and psycopathy):

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg

Below are a few of the links regarding Mr. Trumps mental assessments :

Link

Link

Do you even read the article?? It said this

A caveat: I am obviously exaggerating, both Trump and narcissism. But debate on personality disorders, classifications, diagnoses, and treatments is well worthwhile, and a colorful spokesperson never hurts.

So even the psychologist said he's exaggerating to make a point about seeking treatment. So you just want to hate on trump so bad you look for anything to verify your beliefs. Sad really just so you know you can't diagnose someone without consulatations. You can say they have tendencies but here's the key someone can have narcissistic tendencies and not be narcissistic personality. See other factors can make someone seem narcassistic like it for example not being able to admit your wrong. However I'm never wrong I can't help that. ☺

PS most people that excel at their jobs have narcissistic tendencies you see it in sports. And yes leaders why do you think they want to be leader in the first place. They want to make the decisions you know like most CEOs
edit on 3/5/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
my first vote for president was in 1972, because I was too young in 1968 to vote after I served in the Army since 1965...

in all the elections since '72 my votes never once went for the eventual winner, I was always the opposition...

so, I am sort of psyched to vote my favorite this 2016 election, because then Trump might keep my string of null votes alive & well by Not Winning

I am sort-of thinking of voting the Democrat nominee So that they may end up the loser instead....

OF Course, it might very well be that this presidential election result could be unique for me,
in that I could vote Trump and DJ Trump could win ...
& not lose like the persons I voted for in the last 40 plus years of picking a president

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Good foooooooorr yooouuuuu

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"Grandpa, what did you do in the great voter revolution of 2016"

"Nuttin".

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I was initially all for Trump but some recent findings about him have turned me off on selecting him.

Trump was intially against H1B when he said

www.donaldjtrump.com...

DONALD J. TRUMP POSITION ON VISAS

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

And he has now changed his position

www.politico.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Trump: I’m ‘Changing’ and ‘Softening’ My Position on Visas, ‘We Need Highly Skilled People In This Country’

And there is his recent talk with Head of the CFR Richard Haass
www.nytimes.com...

Anyone associating themselves with the CFR is automatically crossed off the list
You do not negotiate with them or bargain with them. They as an organization need to be shutdown full stop.
They are a cancer on this country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join