It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Member or are you a member

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As some may have noticed, some people are "members" and some are "Members".
Why? There has to be a reason for that.
Am I a "member" because I donated?
What´s up with this?

EDIT: To prevent a false picture, I mention donations because that´s one thing not every member has in common. The only thing that came to my mind. So no it has NOTHING/ZERO to do with the current fuss about payments and such.
Because one would think, if it has to do with something else like join date, a responsible site developer would take the three minutes to fix it.

edit on 4-3-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No, you're being really annoying by making a thread like this.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing whatsoever to do with donations or anything but some people have a capital M and some don't.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ah. Would be a four liner to fix it. Thank you for the link.

a reply to: Iamnotadoctor
Why, because I point out a possible flaw in the coding? Could really say the same thing about your post and maybe implied intentions.
edit on 4-3-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Why is that?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
No, you're being really annoying by making a thread like this.

sun-downers?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Fun fact: mafia is an Italian term for an upstanding citizen but MAFIA is used to describe a notorious criminal organization.

Using caps lock has a meaning to some and means jack to others. ats is the latter- or is it ATS?

edit on 4-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would be more concerned if it were MEMBER, then it would have obvious connotations pertaining to maritime admiralty law and being slaves to the NWO.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I was just wondering about the inconsistency. Coding wise, it does not make sense and can be fixed with a small SQL querry in no-time.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

I would be more concerned if it were MEMBER, then it would have obvious connotations pertaining to maritime admiralty law and being slaves to the NWO.

This post is why we need to be able to "star" things on the Board Business Forum.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with when you created your ATS account. I could be wrong though.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't understand why the staff aren't being honest about this. It means the member has been post-banned at some point.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
< Just testing.
Big m or little m. What will it be.

Push that reply button we shall see.

Okay I'm a big m. I mean I'm a big M...
Don't look at my hands dude....
edit on 342016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I just joined.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Source?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Source?

It happened to me. Is that adequate proof?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I don't understand why the staff aren't being honest about this. It means the member has been post-banned at some point.

Well, doing a quick ATS search I found a few previous threads relating to this. Here you go:

originally posted by: yeahright
reply to post by Aeons

I don't expect this to be an acceptable answer, but actually:

There is no significance to Member vs member. We've had a good number of changes in the guts of ATS over the years. Some of the results are different just because they're different. No rhyme, no reason, no ulterior coding or motive.

At one point, registrations resulted in "member", at another it was "Member" and likely back and forth on some random scale depending upon some little tick box or coding input done at the time a change was made. Timing mostly, and whatever one cares to read into it is as relevant as tea leaves or chicken bone casting. Of course if that's your deal, then there you go.

Previous discussion

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So it's just a coincidence that immediately after my posting rights were restored I became a small "m"?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not for me. But I have been post banned in 2011 and am a "member", too. But you should consider if you post a sentence like you did, you probably should back up your claim.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Not for me. But I have been post banned in 2011 and am a "member", too. But you should consider if you post a sentence like you did, you probably should back up your claim.

Peddle PETTY someplace else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join