It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Fallujah Residents Angry Over Destruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The recent responses in this thread are a stark example of manipulation.

Before going in with brute force the press were being fed information on what horrible creatures reside there. All this was part of a justification exercise.

When the full scale assault began, the press were denied access. So, the information of SOBs and terrorists will stick in some minds. But the point is truly this, what is really happennig in there ?

Until the world is allowed to see the true extent of goings on, the ones with terrorists and murderers on their minds will have a problem with those who imagine the worst of the military and vice versa.

The problem is one of manipulation of content and flow of information.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

The recent responses in this thread are a stark example of manipulation.

Before going in with brute force the press were being fed information on what horrible creatures reside there. All this was part of a justification exercise.

How exactly do you know for certain that the manipulation was not done by some to make people think that everyone in Fallujah was a moderate Muslim?

Most people left Fallujah before the attacks, it is very possible that some insurgents went with these people, but most certainly most if not all of them are moderate Muslims that left Fallujah.

Just like the warlords in Somalia have taken control of the place, and were not allowing international aid including food to be distributed to the people because they wanted the control, the same has been happening in Fallujah.

Don't be so sure to deem other's post "a stark example of manipulation," when yours is a clear example of one. You are being manipulated by the "Holywood and Moore crowd."

Not everyone in Fallujah is an insurgent, or terrorist, but Fallujah has been an insurgent/terrorist stronghold for sometime. Do check the link that I gave about what is trully happening in Fallujah and you will see the evidence.

If you are going to think that every piece of information is being manipulated, and you can't make a choice on your own by looking at all the information, then why do you bother with this at all?...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How exactly do you know for certain that the manipulation was not done by some to make people think that everyone in Fallujah was a moderate Muslim?

Exactly. I do not know. Neither do you. Therefore, the possibility of manipulation is there is it not ? Really depends on what we read see and hear right ? Do you know what's going on inside your neighbour's home at this time ? Probably not. Why ? No news cameras and reporters ! Prior to the offensive, we were TOLD by the American military and the press that Fallujah was a hotbed of insurgency.

Most people left Fallujah before the attacks, it is very possible that some insurgents went with these people, but most certainly most if not all of them are moderate Muslims that left Fallujah.

Well, I can't be sure. Neither can you. Children are there. Families are still there. If you subscribe to children as being "possibly innocent" civilians, then why are you bothering as well ? Children are not moderate Muslims. So, there is evidence of innocent Muslims/civilians still in Fallujah.

Just like the warlords in Somalia have taken control of the place, and were not allowing international aid including food to be distributed to the people because they wanted the control, the same has been happening in Fallujah.

You are probably right on this. But what really is happening in Fallujah ? You know for a fact or you base your opinion on what you read and hear ? These days because of the new blackout, there is precious little coming out of Fallujah to form any firm opinion. Anyone rounded up hundreds or thousands of CONFIRMED insurgents lately ? Or are ALL PEOPLE including CHILDREN "possibly innocent" ? That's the crap we are getting even now. See the slant of the press releases ??

Don't be so sure to deem other's post "a stark example of manipulation," when yours is a clear example of one. You are being manipulated by the "Holywood and Moore crowd."

Why so defensive ? I certainly did not think that my post was a damning of others' views. Guy, I do not have a crystal ball and neither do you. We really depend on news. If there is plenty before the assault, it's a justification exercise. If there is none or little leaking out during the assault, then everyone is left guessing or base their opininos on whatever they can see or hear. The views were so polarised. So, one side of views is definitely correct and the other definitely wrong ? Compare Baghdad Bob's version with Fox News will ya ? Yes, I am capable of being manipulated. So is everyone. really depends on what you see and hear at any given time.

Not everyone in Fallujah is an insurgent, or terrorist, but Fallujah has been an insurgent/terrorist stronghold for sometime. Do check the link that I gave about what is trully happening in Fallujah and you will see the evidence.

Agree. And point being ??? The link is the be all and end all of Fallujah ?

If you are going to think that every piece of information is being manipulated, and you can't make a choice on your own by looking at all the information, then why do you bother with this at all?...

Never said that EVERY piece of information is being manipulated. WHEN AND HOW the information is given is also manipulation. I can make a choice. My post was never about making a choice. My post was about the tonnes of information before the assault and precious little after it's commenced. Makes many think that a mistake has been made YET AGAIN. I believe that that's a major reason why the views are so polarised. All of us make choices. Choices based on reason and logic and information. If there is no or little information now as compared to the vast amounts prior to the assault, then six and half a dozen people will have suspicions, the others, just rely on what they are told. When the fighting for control of Baghdad and other parts of the country was on, news and publicity were made real time. Now, zip. Children being bombed to smithereens : "..possibly innocent civilians..". The slant and bias even to this day is ridiculous.

So, lighten up. Stop being a diamond mine.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Perhaps the residents of Fallujah would do well to look at those who have been defeatd by the US in the past such as the former West Germany and Japan. They are not without problems, but they have become productive and successful economies as a result of American reconstruction.

There are far worse things than losing a war to Uncle Sam.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My post was never about making a choice. My post was about the tonnes of information before the assault and precious little after it's commenced. Makes many think that a mistake has been made YET AGAIN.

A mistake?....so Fallujah was no insurgent stronghold?.... Then what were/are all the weapons cache and all those attacks done in Fallujah from insurgents?.....they were made up by the government?.... Are all those Iraqis police and even civilians that have been killed by insurgents attacks also made up?...

So, lighten up. Stop being a diamond mine.

Perhaps you should take that same advice, and stop being a dung mine.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Man, you gonna bust a gut. Unfortunate that you need to be so opinionated about things and got to dominate . Well, to each his own... Have a happy life, failing which, God Bless you.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Man, you gonna bust a gut. Unfortunate that you need to be so opinionated about things and got to dominate . Well, to each his own... Have a happy life, failing which, God Bless you.

Dixon, everyone has their own opinions, you made your point I made mine. How exactly did i try to dominate? We both gave our views, you decided to add an analogy for whatever reason and so did I. It was not meant as an insult, but rather that if you think that i believe that everything the government tells us is good and crystal clear as a diamond, you do the opposite and think that everything the government tells us, or in this case all the information about Fallujah, must be a dung.

Now if you meant another kind of analogy, so does mine.

---edited for errors and to add comment---

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
funny how much effort is put on a single city, when the city of Baghdad is full or "insurgents" and "terrorist" killing citizens, soldiers and government officials all day.

I see nothing done in Baghdad so far but here we are taking about littler old Fallujah, I guess US brilliant job result on that city is something to talk about.

While in Baghdad the media can even see the "terrorist" killing the people in the streets with no shame.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
funny how much effort is put on a single city, when the city of Baghdad is full or "insurgents" and "terrorist" killing citizens, soldiers and government officials all day.

I see nothing done in Baghdad so far but here we are taking about littler old Fallujah, I guess US brilliant job result on that city is something to talk about.

While in Baghdad the media can even see the "terrorist" killing the people in the streets with no shame.

Marg, perhaps you should realize that taking care of the smaller regions first, will make it better to take care of the larger regions latter.

When you have to do two jobs, one being harder than the other, which one do you take on first? the easiest one or the hardest one?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I figure that been Baghdad were most of the important people is located, from the government to the civil foreign workers it should be more priority than any other city to keep the order and stability.

Could it be that our troops can not be in so many places at the same time?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I figure that been Baghdad were most of the important people is located, from the government to the civil foreign workers it should be more priority than any other city to keep the order and stability.

Could it be that our troops can not be in so many places at the same time?

If you take out the smaller pockets of insurgents, then soon enough they won't have as many places to hide at. If we knew exactly where every "high ranking officer" of these insurgent groups are, then we could remove the logistic and think tank of the insurgency. I am not sure we know them all, but I am pretty sure we are working on it. On the other hand Baghdag was recieving aid from places like Fallujah, logistically and in man power. Taking care of Fallujah first would help greatly on stopping the insurgents in that section, from helping those insurgents inside Baghdag.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
If my countries oil was being stole to help the great evil ...
yes it is illegal,

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
America is stealing oil. That's why we
gave back all those oil fields to the Kuwaities when we won
Gulf War I. We were stealing it.
Oh yes, The Great
Satan strikes muslims again

No, it IS NOT illegal. You people who call this war illegal
are such a joke. Illegal according to who?? WHO?? War is
war. That's all there is to it. Don't bother quoting the UN
saying 'it's illegal'. As I said, they don't run the world and
considering their own cesspool of illegal activities and how
they were in bed with Saddam .... they definately can't speak
in this issue.

War is war people. Calling it 'illegal' is ... well .... it's

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
SHow evidence of all the citizens harbouring militants..
COme on dare you to put your money where your mouth is.

What kind of flowery fantasy world do you live in?
Don't answer that .... Instead, just go google up
the Sunni Triange, Fedayeen (spelling?), and
Fallujah - it's history and what the residents have
been up to both during Saddam's murderous rule
and while we have been there, the massive amounts
of booby traps in the homes of the citizens which were
left to kill Americans, etc. etc. Educate yourself
on the REALITY of Fallujah. I'm not going to spoon
feed you information you should have known before
posting here.

new topics

top topics