It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons here at ATS say the Mason belief has no religion?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus..
...and describe myself as spiritual, not religious.

Exactly. I've said *exactly* this to people throughout life when asked why I didn't follow a religion.

And in regards to Freemasonry, this is also how I see my masonic career.
edit on 7-3-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

its just about something (not someone) 'bigger' than yourself.

So I guess The Incredible Hulk doesn't count

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

The secret password leading to the Hulk Degree is "HULK SMAAASH" followed by the candidate running about the lodge leaping on tables.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

What do you define as the "top levels of Masonry"?

As far as I know, no person on this site who has claimed that top or high levels exist has ever attempted to explain what the top or high levels are, except the occasional reference to 33° in the Scottish Rite.

Don't expect an answer!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
As far as I know, no person on this site who has claimed that top or high levels exist has ever attempted to explain what the top or high levels are, except the occasional reference to 33° in the Scottish Rite.

I asked that question six years ago in this thread and did not get even a remotely solid answer. It is just easier for the non-Mason to type their drive by 'high level' trope than critically address the question.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Please answer my questions. It wasn't gibberish, but questions that go to the heart of your own post.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
are freemasonry degrees a "way" of spiritual an physical development of the adept to get contact with GOD?.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: drwire

No - There are three facets to Freemasonry. In no particular order:

1. Seeking truth
Freemasonry is a system which helps us to discover philosophical and theological truth for ourselves by examining everything we believe, keeping an open mind, studying both scientific and esoteric knowledge, and then drawing our own conclusions from our thoughts.

2. Love for our fellow creatures
Masonry instills in us a sense of doing what is right and guides us as to how to treat others.

3. Offering relief to any who may be suffering
Masonry awakens our sense of duty to others and charges us to always practice virtues such as charity, mercy, and acts that help others who may be suffering.

edit on 8/3/2016 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

then why freemasonry need degrees for his adepts?. Highest levels seek more the thruth or love more than lowest levels?.

Dont try to fool me.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwire
are freemasonry degrees a "way" of spiritual an physical development of the adept to get contact with GOD?.

What's funny is if you read Saurus' post it's spot on, but the practice of making yourself into the person he describes will eventually do just that, bring you closer to the creator, by realizing how we are all brothers and sisters.

So I almost see it as exactly what you described, but the reason for becoming that person has nothing to do with personal gain, and everything to do with being a positive part of the machine that is life. (IMHO)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The degree numbers are more for identification then rank. If you are a Scottish Rite mason in the US Southern Juristiction, you are a 32nd degree. All of them are, unless they were honored with the investiture of the KCCH or 33rd degree. (which is more of a thanks for all you have done, then any position of rank)

In the York Rite the degrees have names instead of numbers. So someone in the Commandry may say they are a Knight Templar, where as a Scottish Rite mason would say he is a 32nd degree. And neither one is any higher then a 3rd degree master mason. The whole idea of freemasonry is that we all meet on the level, or at the same level of importance.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwire
a reply to: Saurus

then why freemasonry need degrees for his adepts?. Highest levels seek more the thruth or love more than lowest levels?.

Dont try to fool me.

No - each degree is designed to get us to think about a particular topic. For example, the 1st degree teaches us to dwell on our relationship with our fellow man. The 2nd degree is about developing our intellect, keeping an open mind and working hard at gaining understanding of things. The 3rd charges us to dwell on our mortality and our place and purpose in life. And so on - there is no higher understanding at 'higher' degrees - just different lessons.

In educational talk, it's a horizontal learning system, rather than a vertical one. ie. Each degree (irrespective of numbering) teaches things in parallel, not sequentially.

edit on 8/3/2016 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
from my knowledge freemasonry is a form of shamanism without "power plants" or alkaloids but with physical exercices (body and mind control) and study (spiritual development). Their goal is to refine "the coffin" to match the perfection of "the flame". Adepts of highest degrees access to a knowledge forbidden to lowers levels, because that knowledge is so powerfull that cant fall in wrong hands.

PD: I know if you dont reply me, please dont break your word. A guy i know in person broke his promise telling other guy (not me) some little secrets learned in his lodge and suddenly begins to suffer illnesses and other bad things.

edit on 8-3-2016 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

nobody gets sick from spilling the beans, they just feel ashamed they can't keep their word. And I think you give freemasonry way more power then it actually has.

It's a fantastic way to learn some very good lessons, it's a way to meet some of the most amazing men you will ever find, and it's a vehicle to learn much more than you could ever imagine, if you look. But in and of itself, it's just a group of men repeating the same lessons that have been handed down through history.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you dont get half blind from one eye only for be ashamed.

edit on 8-3-2016 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

and you don't get any kind of sickness for telling secrets. We only put curses on masons who drink the devils brew. We curse them to deal with heavy white snow on their roof tops. And we laugh about it...........oh how we laugh.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Those are your words and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
We only put curses on masons who drink the devils brew. We curse them to deal with heavy white snow on their roof tops. And we laugh about it...........oh how we laugh.

Kiss my ass.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
Looks like he's a mason already

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah, but Hulk's still a low-level Mason. Us top-tiers have low-level Masons serving us 24/7...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join