It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 y.o. son has chickenpox's even after vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would have a doctor look at the rash. Chicken pox is little red bumps that turn to little blisters then pop and dry up. It's itchy.
A fever is usual before the rash erupts.

There's another rash disease called fifth disease for which there is no vaccine.

I had it in the 60s and our doctor came to the house. I know right?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

No worries. Now we have a shingles vaccine too

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I guess this all proves that Big Pharma and organized medicine are out to kill all the children and make money, and we should all go back to rubbing beetles on our feet to prevent disease.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I guess this all proves that Big Pharma and organized medicine are out to kill all the children and make money, and we should all go back to rubbing beetles on our feet to prevent disease.

Nice try on the discredit, but the majority (and correct) opinion is that the chicken pox vaccine does not provide as strong or long-lasting immunity as one's immune system successfully fighting off the infection. It just so happens that chicken pox is a relatively harmless disease for which the human immune system does an incredibly fantastic job of fending off (meaning overcoming and recovering from the illness) and providing, in most cases, a lifetime of immunity against recurrance. So why would people choose to forego such a natural boon.

Arguments against the ridiculous chicken pox vaccine are not superfluous as those against actual serious disease vaccines are at times.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The schools are in on the fear campaign as well, a couple years ago they started calling everyday to threaten that if our child didn't get the shingles vaccine he would not be allowed to go to school.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It does sound more like shingles as others have said, I hope he is feeling better soon! I only know a little about the test but as shingles is caused by the same virus as Chickenpox I am not sure if they would be able to distinguish between the 2 by that alone, usually the rash and prior infection history gives it away. I also know that the vaccine can cause shingles later in life although quite rare apparently, but you don't have to have had the pox!

We don't have the vaccine as standard here in the UK. As a parent, I am comfortable with that. My 2 had Chickenpox aged 1 and 3 and it was unpleasant but not in any way serious. 90% will catch it as a child and most get lifelong immunity from that so don't need to worry about catching it as an adult when it can be severe after the vaccine wears off. It is also reckoned that kids with Chickenpox give adults around them a kind of booster which helps protect them from shingles.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I had a BAD year when I was around 14. I caught chickenpox, and I was a sh** show with a super high fever.

One of the highlights was me calling a girl I had a crush on and asking her out. Problem (high fever) was it was her younger sister that answered the phone (this was pre cell phone - I had a pager). Got a hard rejection. I still got the one I was after though.

Then I got mono.

Mono < chickenpox. 2 weeks off from school, one week on, two weeks off again.

My Mom rented me an N64 (this was back in the day) and I remember Turok Dinosaur Hunter a lot differently than most people.

Would have preferred the shot.

I think the two high fevers back to back srambled my brain.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Really? i had it as an adult,24yo,and although i have no physically visible gonads,being female,it wasn't a fun thing to have. BUT it Really wasn't That bad either. One feels a bit crappy for a few days,and then it's gone.Compared to childbirth it's Nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

if it was shingles, the rash would only be on one side of the body., along a nerve and it is very painful...you say it looks like an allergy, so you mean it looks like hives?? so you went on line and looked at pics of chicken pox to compare....how does his look different??
edit on 4-3-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What if I told you vaccines are designed for something else other than preventing diseases? Line up and get your vaccines!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It's just a rash, no poxs or boils at all just a rash. It's on both sides of the body, not painful, no headache, no fever a little itchy, and no better or worse then yesterday. Fairly widespread. Weird.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Vector99
Catching it early on in life IS still the best method, regardless what people might think.

Except then you can get shingles as an adult, leaving you with permanent post-herpetic neuralgia.

Still better than catching chicken pox as an adult.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

What if I told you vaccines are designed for something else other than preventing diseases? Line up and get your vaccines!

I would say you took the last episode of the X-files a bit too serious. You do know it's sci-fi right?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Vaccines are not 100% effective, and are never said to be so. I had the swine flu one back when it was epidemic, I still got swine flu (though it was not the worst flu I ever had). *Shrug* I'd rather have the protection of a vaccine than play Russian roulette for diseases.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm curious as to how your son is doing and if you found out for sure if it was chicken pox? I ask because my grand daughter just broke out in the same thing. She also was vaccinated. At first the doctor said it couldn't be chicken pox because she had the vaccine. So my daughter in law took her to the ER where the weirdest diagnosis was given.
The doctor said that the recent ear infection she had due to a cold, made her immune system weak and allowed the virus to take hold. But he also diagnosed her with chicken pox..from the neck down...and that the rash on her face was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin given for the ear infection.
Now I don't have a medical degree obviously..but what kind of diagnosis is this??? My daughter in law took a photo of the rash to send to me, and it looked like wide spread hives or rash..not like any chicken pox I ever saw. It was severely clustered. I don't trust the doctors diagnosis, but my daughter in law rarely questions authority.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well i tried to take him back to school, and the Dr. Said the rash is gone but the chicken pox are not. So i called her bluff, and asked her to show me. She said ther on the inside with this form. So by this point im thinking shes just full of crap. She had him open and say aaaaa. Sure enough the back of his throat was covered with what looked like chicken pox to me. Another week off and valtrex of all things and he was ok to go back to school. a reply to: AccessDenied

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You can catch chickenpox more that one time. My friend had them twice and both of his kids aged 7 had them twice already too.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a vaccine for chicken pox? wow! I had chicken pox as a child ever got a vaccine for that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All of the 40+ students in the recent Harvard mumps outbreak were vaccinated.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join