It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney, McCain: Trump a danger for America's future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Reminds me of Dole running against Clinton... and an old saying

That dog won't hunt...

The GOP is still living in the Past and needs to get its Party together as either this is a setup and they want to lose or they are so inept they do not see what a disaster is unfolding by this infighting and tomfoolery...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Lol, and you are on the opposite side of the spectrum.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

What I fail to understand, is how, with the clamour of GOP headlining acts, waiting to dump Donald in the sea at the first opportunity, how it can be that Donald Trump is seen as anything to do with the GOP at all. They do not want him around, simple as that! Trump is not even IN the Republican Party!

If you could do me a favour and answer in a format which takes longer to compose than your average Twitter message, there might be enough actual data in there to represent a worthwhile communication, unlike the following:

It's come full circle baby

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Romney and Mccain can pound sand. Both are losers in the world of campaigning for President. Why would anyone listen to them?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What I fail to understand, is how, with the clamour of GOP headlining acts, waiting to dump Donald in the sea at the first opportunity, how it can be that Donald Trump is seen as anything to do with the GOP at all. They do not want him around, simple as that! Trump is not even IN the Republican Party!

If you could do me a favour and answer in a format which takes longer to compose than your average Twitter message, there might be enough actual data in there to represent a worthwhile communication, unlike the following:

It's come full circle baby

If I'm not mistaken, he is running for President as a Republican. There are a many in the Democratic Party that don't want Hillary or Bernie to represent them either.

"Full Circle" means basically that he is a Candidate the opposition doesn't like, but now the Party he represents doesn't as well.

Perhaps it would be easier to understand if you were American, rather than preaching from across the pond.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It’s clear the elite of the elite wanted a Hillary, Jeb Bush election.

Trump messed that up…

And also took out the second tier elite flunkies like Little Marco.

Cruz is a joke.

What people don’t understand is that the elder Bush was the don of the elite.

And according to astute conspiracy theorists the one to take his place as the new don is BILL CLINTON!

So this gesture from the old don may indeed have sinister connotations to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That was an order issued in code.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My geographical position is of no importance what so ever.

The reality is that he is not a member of the Republican Party, he is merely running for their votes. There is a distinct difference. Rubio, Cruz, McCain and Romney ARE actually in the party, while Mr Trump is not.

He could run as an anthropomorphised sea turtle, but he still would not actually BE one! Good grief!

Now that you have explained your position on matters well enough that I can understand them, I can say that your full circle comment makes an awful lot more sense, and you are absolutely right about the fact that neither party likes the man very much.

To scrape back to the point you made about my geographical location... It does not matter a single bit, which side of the pond one happens to be on. Twitter comment length statements are not adequate to convey nuanced, detailed information, and all communication on matters as important as the leadership of nations and continents, should be heavily nuanced and detailed. It is just that simple, and I would hope that Americans understand that as well as anyone else does.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Romney and Mccain can pound sand. Both are losers in the world of campaigning for President. Why would anyone listen to them?

Then why would anyone listen to Conservative Republicans as they meet the same criteria you judged McCain and Romney by.

Trump isn't a Republican. He just sounds like one for now. He has a surprise for those that believe his BS.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The Democrat party has floated so far left. The Republican party is beginning to float too far right.

There is a large group of Americans somewhere in the middle that neither party truly represents. But, a candidate cannot win running in a third party, so one or the other has to be chosen. Donald chose the one closest to his views and positions, but they aren't going to match the party's positions 100%, and he is not going to march in lock step with anybody.

THAT is terrifying both parties. They won't be able to control him. I'm not worried, however, because we have checks and balances in place to reign in anything that isn't within our Constitution. I rather look forward to a non-politician that is not controlled like a puppet.

edit on 4-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

uuuuhhh when was the last time a Conservative ran?

McCain, Romney, Bush (Any of them) are RINOs/Progressives.

I never once stated Trump was a Republican.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

“The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.”

― Vladimir Lenin

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

THAT is terrifying both parties. They won't be able to control him. I'm not worried, however, because we have checks and balances in place to reign in anything that isn't within our Constitution. I rather look forward to a non-politician that is not controlled like a puppet.

Must be nice living in Mayberry RFD! How's aunt Bea and goober?

On the outside chance that Donald get's the nomination and election; Trump will still be the neocons bitch and do whatever they tell him to do just like they did to Obama.

Real power ala the industrial/military/banking/corporate oligarchy think Trump is a clown.

Enjoy the political theater however; it's quite the show.

edit on 4-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Mitt Romney and McCain can not swallow the fact that been career politicians didn't help them at all to become presidents, alas there comes Trump and to kick them in the ass.

These two mommies need to get back into their sarcophagus before they turn into dust, they need to take Bush Sr with them..

edit on 4-3-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Some can say it in fewer words, which you seem to agree with, and please can you make your avatar only blink say, once every 30 seconds? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

First of all, I believe, just as Einstein did, that things should be as simple as they can be, but no simpler than that. By that, I mean that matters can only be reduced in simplicity to a certain point, before communication on the subject becomes impossible by any reasonable definition.

And regarding my avatar, if you have a pre-existing medical problem which means that the blink rate of my avatar puts your health and well being at risk, then certainly, although it falls well beneath the flicker rate which would set off migraines, seizures, fits and convulsions of virtually every sort. If it just aggravates you a bit...not so much.
edit on 4-3-2016 by TrueBrit because: Reasons

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Democrats really haven't floated "so far left".

Rather, due to the Tea Party and other radical fundamental elements within the Republican/GOP/conservative camps ... the Democrats seem extreme by comparison.

The Democrats have stayed the same for the most part, but the opposing side of the spectrum is so far out there that they now seem super-liberal by comparison.

This is a reaction to not winning the White House two elections in a row. The mentality is "we have to be more conservative to win!" ...

That is totally the opposite of what they need to win, and why they keep loosing the White House.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

How the hell is that when the Republican Party doesn't even want him?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Do not confuse the Republican Party with the Republican National Committee. I'm registered with the GOP... yet I wouldn't give you two squirts of piss for Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Reince Priebus, John McCain, or Mitt Romney. Their ideologies have shifted too far to the left IMO. They have hijacked a conservative party and attempted to turn it less conservative and more progressive (albeit about 10 years behind liberal progressivism... but still far too filled with horsecrap for my liking.)

The people make the party and the people want Trump. If that means we need to break out the long knives against the squatters at the head of the party, so be it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

How the hell is that when the Republican Party doesn't even want him?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Trump is precisely and perfectly representative of the Republican Party...it's base and fuel.

The establishment GOP that has nurtured and fed the extremist base (Where is the Birth Certificate anyone) for their own agenda is now trying to soothe a rabid dog they raised.

As much as Trump supporters and the right-wing BUBBLE love Trump...Ponder this...he has 34% of the Republican vote on his best showing...and the Republican vote is 50% of all voters at the most generous estimation...

What is 34% of 50%?

Every single poll shows Hillary Clinton CRUSHING Trump in a general election...and Frankly...no one even likes Hillary..

Cruz? Rubio? actually both poll as beating Hillary in a General election.

Trump 2016?

That is the end of the GOP as a legitimate party for a decade...

Good luck with that.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

This is a reaction to not winning the White House two elections in a row. The mentality is "we have to be more conservative to win!" ...

It's been sliding longer than that.

In the past 24 years and 6 Presidential Elections..Republicans have only won the Popular Vote once, Pres. GWB during the post 9-11 craze.

And even then Pres. GWB posed as a "Compassionate Conservative" to squeak into the WH in 2000 via the Florida recount while still losing in raw vote counts.

Just to compete at best the GOP would need to hold the center line, but have instead continued to slide further right.

We are watching the slow death of the GOP as a relevant party. They grew the TP thinking it would be their attack dog and it has turned on them.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-3-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join