It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a late night Action/Horror/Sci-Fi flick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Outpost (2007)

For those of you who have already seen it please feel to chime in with your opinion. I'm not sure how I missed this one when it came out? But, I saw it tonight for the first time and thought it wasn't that bad. I give it a A- It had a hint of Return to Castle Wolfenstein feel to it.

Storyline

In a seedy bar in a town ravaged by war, mysterious businessman Hunt hires ex-marine D.C. to assemble a crack team of ex-soldiers to protect him on a dangerous journey into no-man's land. To this gang of hardened warriors, battle-worn veterans and borderline criminals killing is just a job - and one they enjoy. Their mission - to scope out an old military bunker. It should be easy - 48 hours at the most. Lots of cash for little risk, or so he says. Once at the outpost, the men make a horrific discovery that turns their mission on its head - the scene of a bloody and gruesome series of experiments, carried out by the Nazis on their own soldiers during WWII. Amid the carnage, they find something even more disturbing - someone who's still alive. As war rages above ground, and a mysterious enemy emerges from the darkness below, D.C. and his men find themselves trapped in a claustrophobic and terrifying scenario. Their mission is no longer one of safe-guarding - it's one of survival. ...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sounds like my kinda flick. Your description makes it sound like it takes place post-apocalypse. True?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The description made me think about STALKER, the original russian movie as much as the video games, and after watching the trailer, I am even more convinced that it is inspired by STALKER. Mercenaries/soldiers, forgotten bunkers, supernatural phenomenons, bleak ambiance, desaturated colors(it seems)..

I will tell you what I think after I've watched it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I watched this a long time ago. I think it was when I first got Netflix. Not sure.

It wasn't totally bad, but it wasn't that great.

Deathwatch is another one you might be interested in. Set in World War 1 in the trenches.

One of the things I like about IMBD.

They have related movies to whatever film your looking at.

www.imdb.com...

I think there are two sequels to it. Haven't got around to watching either so I don't know if they watchable.

Outpost: Black Sun.

Outpost: Rise of Spetsnaz.

top topics

join