It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump wins citizen votes, but doesn't have "enough delegates"..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What if scenario... Will of the people is over rided, because, oops, Trump is a few delegates short. So, a big cheer for red queen Hillary!

WHAT will be the reaction of the people?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
What if scenario... Will of the people is over rided, because, oops, Trump is a few delegates short. So, a big cheer for red queen Hillary!

WHAT will be the reaction of the people?

Same old, same old apathetic response from John Q. Public. Shrug the shoulders, sit in front of the tv, and turn on the Netflix, while playing Candy Crush on their phones.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

Trump runs as an Independent, Hillary wins by a landslide..... A return to Plan A.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ask Al Gore.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Republican Party dies and nobody sheds a tear

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3
Wrong.I for one, will shed a tear.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I was wondering the same thing, but a little different. What if the majority of voters voted for him, and the delegates chose a different person.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10
Right? Like, the Bernie Sanders supporters were strong cheerleaders, but they are the personality type who expect things to be handed to them and provided for them, not the personality type who goes out of their way to vote. Trumo supporters, on the other hand- very tired of the corrupt system and going out of their way to make it known. If even a landslide of votes don't work I think people will be very angry. I think they are more aware of their rights and wishes being stepped on these days, more than ever before.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Sanders supporters are largely college students. It is to be expected. It is actually annoying the support I see in college.. And now they say they wont vote between Clinton and Trump***

edit on 3-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)[/edited]
edit on 3-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It is part of the stacked deck that has produced what we have seen in history.
There for a purpose. Manipulated as need be.
Takes an Ace of Spades to TRUMP the table.
He has a fight on his hands that is what America is all about.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

If it ends up being Hilary Vs. Rubio there are going to be some angry partisans on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This would be very possible in a case where Clinton gained enough delegates to win early without huge population centers like California voting. If your candidate has it locked up then you are less likely to head out to vote.
And this has happened 4 times in US history with the latest being Bush Jr. in 2000.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Whatever is ahead can only be cured by cataclysm and nature's renewal.

I wish it upon America.

It needs to cleanse itself of the pillars of evil that has continued to suppress all across the globe and its borders.

Being a Caucasian is now a death sentence in many regions thanks to this # of all countries.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
He would need to lose Florida, Trump isn't losing Florida. Predicate he will take it double digits over Rubio.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Do you mean in the general election or at the Republican Convention?

Candidates have to receive 1,237 delegates to win the Republican nomination, regardless of the number of citizen votes. However, those delegates are only bound by the first vote. As in, if no candidate gets the required number of delegates to secure the nomination, all delegates are then free to vote however they want to decide the nominee. So basically, if the citizens can't make an outright decision through their votes, the party insiders/delegates will step in and make the decision for them.

As for the US presidency: The candidate who receives an outright majority of electoral college votes wins the election. There are 538 electoral college votes right now, so the candidate has to get 270 to win. Apparently, the candidate with the most popular votes has still lost the election 4 times (Bush-Gore was the most recent). Oh, and if no candidate wins the required 270 electoral college votes, the House of Representatives votes for the President (with each state only getting 1 vote each, I think).

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looking at the delegate count so far, Trump has to win it. Unless some fraud and pay outs take place. All I know is, no matter what, Trump will go down in history as one who was persecuted, and persevered. While, Rubio will go down as a bratty, whiny, little antagonist.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
Looking at the delegate count so far, Trump has to win it. Unless some fraud and pay outs take place. All I know is, no matter what, Trump will go down in history as one who was persecuted, and persevered. While, Rubio will go down as a bratty, whiny, little antagonist.

They've been setting up a contested convention from the beginning. If it wasn't already clear Mitt's speech erased all doubts. If that wasn't the goal there's no point in Rubio and Kasich playing anymore. Your party is going to # him which is why I said they'll die off with nobody caring. They deserve it if they ignore what their voter base is telling them
edit on 4-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If that happens I hope the Trumpers go and vote for bernie.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
If that happens I hope the Trumpers go and vote for bernie.

Absolutely. I would never normally vote up some one I don't support, just to throw a stick in someone else's spokes. But, in that situation I would.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Republicans will be happy if Hillary wins. They know she will toe the line.

The Republican party is willing to destroy it's self to get rid of Trump, these people are corrupt with to much power and are willing to rig this election to stop Trump from winning as it has already been demonstrated in several States now.

The American people do not get to decide who they want as President, the voting process is rigged for the Powers That Be.

We need to get rid of the voting machines all together and go with paper ballots and the counters who count the votes need to be monitored, in fact the counting should be done live on television.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join