It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL election- 88% Congress up for election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
werent a bunch fo seats up for super tuesday but most ppl ignored them

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There might be a little bit of change in the Senate. But, for now, the House is stuck. With all of the gerrymandering of congressional districts to support one party or the other, very little will change there.

When most US voters go to the polls, they will pull the D or R lever without really knowing, or caring, anything about the candidate.

The only way to really address the problem is with term limits and a more equitable district allocation process. Until then I expect nothing will change.

-dex

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fun fact 1: Congressional Districts are determined by State legislature after each Census. Don't like the so-called gerrymandering? Vote in new state legislators. Turning to the federal government to fix a not-so-serious problem will only make the problem worse.

Fun fact 2: Senator 'districts' are not gerrymandered.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Fun fact 1: Congressional Districts are determined by State legislature after each Census. Don't like the so-called gerrymandering? Vote in new state legislators. Turning to the federal government to fix a not-so-serious problem will only make the problem worse.

Fun fact 2: Senator 'districts' are not gerrymandered.

In my state the legislative districts for the US House and the State House are the same. You can't fix the national-level problem without fixing the state-level problem. You can't fix the state-level problem for the same reason you can't fix the national-level problem; districts are allocated by those in power to maintain their power.

I believe that gerrymandering is a serious problem because it takes the power away from the people at both the national and state levels.

-dex

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My group of friends along with a few others have decided, that for the congressional and Senate elections, we are going to write in each others names wherever confronted by an establishment figure.

Might not do much, but its better than giving our votes away to career politicians.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

you`re right:

Although Americans overwhelmingly disapprove of the job Congress in general is doing, voters re-elect most members of Congress in every election. This phenomenon is partly explained by the finding that Americans have significantly more positive views of their own representative than they do of Congress overall.

About half (46%) of Americans say they approve of the job the representative from their own congressional district is doing

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So, now that most are aware of who the candidates are in their area, how has it shaken out for you

Are there any new faces running in your parts or is it the same old same old

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Well, since you're from here too, you already know that ours is more of the same.

Thanks for bringing one of my old threads back to life, and good to finally see you made an account

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Good its our chance to fire them.

Elect a third party candidate over D or R. THAT is how you punish them.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And here we are again with midterms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join