It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the right-wing resolution to healthcare, anyways?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

we dont need healthcare. LOL

Thats a waste of money. Work if you want things. Whats next, education?

No, this is a world of hard players and winners. The weak have no place. So the hard working wealthy movers and shakers should pay so some poor and dumb factory worker can cure his little cold or get a cast for a broken leg?

HAHA

Thats money we can spend on the military and security. If they want healthcare, join the military. Thats your place. If not make money if you are smart enough. Not smart enough, then you are weak and deserve to be culled.

The US will be great again. We can not do so if we pander to poor peoples kids and poor peoples ambitions to live like masters when they have the capacity of servants.

Social security should be tossed too. Employers should not have to worry about YOUR retirement either. They were good enough to give your sorry ass a job. You should save and stop spending your money on toys, beer and whores. That way you can retire. If not, where does it end?

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OP has started this thread out antagonistically. It's obvious he's not really asking for answers here, but as I understyand to, some of the stuff the so-called "right wing" is suggesting is:

1. Personal choice, not mandates.

2. Transparency, so that people can actually tell how much "X" costs ahead of time. This leads to real competition and lowers costs.

3. Elimination of state boundaries as bureaucratic barriers to health care.

4. A reduction in federal oversight.

5.X. Although this next point is not health care related, it's a good example of what the federal government actually costs us: It costs as much for individuals and companies to prepare tax returns as the IRS brings in revenue via those same returns.

The Federal Government/Insurance Coalition is so onerous that some doctors have decided--on their own--to set up practices where the basic cost of a visit is $50.00. Period. The caveat? No insurance of any kind will be processed. No private. No government. No nothing. Just $50.00. Have you ever gone to the emergency room because you hurt your finger and been charged $1500 for the privilege? That's an example of the Federal/Government/Insurance Coalition system.

6. Now. Under Obamacare my insurance price DOUBLED. That's because the government, in their infinite wisdom, decided on my behalf, without asking me, that MY insurance coverage, which was perfectly adequate for my circumstances, wasn't "good enough" and didn't meet their "standards." So the price doubled. And now it is mandated that I must pay it.

That's what Obamacare did for me.

In my experience people who get free stuff from the government are perfectly willing to take MORE free stuff from the government, and they get all upset when the people who ACTUALLY PAY FOR THIS STUFF complain about so doing. I'm talking about the 47% of people in this country who pay NOTHING in the way of income taxes, then complain that the people who actually DO pay the freight make too much.

Absolute F'ing insanity.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

...... That was about the dumbest post I've read in all of ATS.

And I've read a lot of things.

"Screw the little guy, only the rich and scheming deserve anything."

Great post, mate.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

hey just being honest,

trump 2016

we will succeed where the last Reich failed.

Dont knock us, we are stronger than you.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Kind of like the cable and satellite companies, cell phone companies, banks and the pharmaceutical industry? They're private and they're ripping off the consumer! Prescriptions prices are outrageous. Hearing-aids cost more than computers! Don't tell me the material and labor costs of producing ONE hearing aid cost $1000 - $1,500 dollars! It's price is marked up just because it's a medical device!

Paying for an increase in taxes would be a heck of a lot less than what people and companies pay in healthcare premiums. You can't deny that some parts of Obama Care have helped a lot of folks. Such as not being denied healthcare insurance if you have a pre-medical condition. Or young people are allowed to stay on their parent's healthcare plans until age 26.

Obamacare is not universal healthcare. It has some major flaws, and it should either be fixed or scraped altogether in favor of universal healthcare. Conservatives are the biggest whiners of Obama Care, but they have offered absolutely no alternative to fix the Health Care crisis in America.

There's no competition anymore, it's all business oligarchies. Just another way big corporations get around illegal monopolies.

Cable... you aren't forced to have cable. You can also get multiple packages to meet your budget.

Cell phones... there are tons of providers. It used to be only drug dealers, doctors, and executives had cell phones, now cell phones pretty much replaced land lines and 13 year olds have them. THIS IS THE FREE MARKET. How are they ripping you off?

Banks... mortgage rates are nearly the lowest they've ever been. Don't like big banks? Use a credit union. Again, free market at work. A lot of the banking problems are from too much government regulation. No one forces you to use a credit card.

If all these companies are making outrageous profits, please raise some capital and start your own company and provide all the services they do at a discount price that you think is fair. Pay all your workers $100k/yr and the CEO just $150k. Shut up or put up.

In a free market, if a company is making excessive profits, there will be new entrants into a market to extract those excessive profits. That is what competition does.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

More like... A challenge. I'm not simply poking and prodding without intention to learn, I'm simply asking.

The average citizen? In my experiences

Left wing = Universal health care
Right wing = Doesn't know, just get rid of what we have, or has this list they keep throwing at me...

A lot of the "transparency" and "borders" talk.... I don't buy it. Why wouldn't multiple large companies simply merge, and say "Yep, 10,000 for a basic visit, here's your transparency "

Where's the evidence that these ideas work other sectors such as cell phone service, pharma, and the like?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What is this "market" everyone keeps talking about?

The market doesn't decide much. The corporations tell the consumer what they HAVE to pay, no choices. We are not a society which is taught that we have power over the market. We accept crappy cell-phone contracts, medicines priced hundreds of times higher than they reasonably should be in a competitive market, etc...

It is the corporations fault you accept their prices? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

If there is a demand for cheap healthcare, someone will provide it, or in your case, sit on their tochus demanding it is provided to them, whichever comes first.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

It's the corporations, elite, government, whatever - People more powerful than an individuals fault, that WE as a COLLECTIVE accept less than average circumstances.

By average, I mean LOOK AT AMERICA. Not the world. Not all countries are equal.

We turn on the news and there's dread story after story basically drilling into our heads that we should be grateful for our poverty-level job, and we should pray we can keep it.

Stop with this whole personal accountability bullsnip - It doesn't apply to larger groups. "Society" is a word for a reason. "Community" is a word for a reason. We function as a bigger piece, and as individuals. I am talking about the bigger piece, and I would ask that you please try to address the bigger picture rather than individuals.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You really need to take a basic economics course and actually look around you. The results of free markets and innovation are easy to see. Prices of goods and services have fallen dramatically because of competition. It is only when competition is not present that you see increased pricers.

As I pointed out, cell phones used to be only for the rich, now every one has them.

You know what electronic product had the fastest fall in prices of history? Flat screen televisions. They used to cost like $20k when the first came out, now you can buy one for $200.00.

Competition among manufacturers bring the cost of features down on cars. remember when ABS, air conditioning, auto transmissions, etc were only on luxury vehicles. Now most of that stuff is standard on base model cars. Competition and productivity brings down prices.

Airlines used to be regulated and prices were high that only the wealthy flew. Deregulation allowed airlines to compete and no I can fly across the country for like $200.00.

You know what two industries have significant price increases year over year? Healthcare and Education. What do both of these have in common? Lack of price transparency and government intervention. Unrestricted access to student loans by the government inflate the cost of education because it provides no incentive for universities to contain costs. The same applies in health care.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I hear what you're saying and agree with some examples given, but I am still asking - Are these ideas applicable?

Will tons and tons of insurance companies pop up and compete and offer better pricing and be good for the average?

Or will something like Wal-mart be created, where no one can compete if they are around, quality of healthcare, medical tools, etc decline, third world countries will start making a lot of the products, and no one can compete with some huge corporate insurance company, yet that company is not in fact creating the very environment we are advocating for?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Well if I read it correctly earlier. Trump's healthcare plan is to make the healthcare industry transparent. Allow the people seeking treatment to search for the cheapest doctor, physician, etc. Ultimately make them compete. Don't tear me to shreds you devout Trump supporters.

ETA: Trumps Healthcare Reform

Correct.

Step 1, Transparent Pricing is a MUST or anything else would fail. It is that simple. Once that happens, you can shop via an app for the best prices and force innovation and competition which will drive down prices dramaticlly.

Step 2, Eliminate Administrative costs as we know them and Replace with funded HSA card. Provide All Veterans, Government / Federal Employees, and the Economically challenged an HSA card which will provide the user choices on how, when, and where to spend it. Complete rollover of unused funds each year. Hospitals have more people working the billing dept than they have nurses. A simplified coding system without all the hassel, authorizations, etc will reduce costs by about 25%.

Step 3, Critical Care (high deductable since the HSA will cover the deductable) insurance through private insurers who can provide plans in all 50 states.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

hey just being honest,

trump 2016

we will succeed where the last Reich failed.

Dont knock us, we are stronger than you.

You ain't done nothing until you fook a corpse with a 9 iron.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I guess this is what people mean when they talk about elitist trump followers...

Bigotry, hatred, racism, and the like are very expressed by some trump supporters.

That doesn't make or break it for me - Himself expressing these types of hatred does.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Prices started going down when most states made it mandatory. The pool paying premiums got really big.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well if I read it correctly earlier. Trump's healthcare plan is to make the healthcare industry transparent. Allow the people seeking treatment to search for the cheapest doctor, physician, etc. Ultimately make them compete. Don't tear me to shreds you devout Trump supporters.

Correct.

Step 1, Transparent Pricing is a MUST or anything else would fail. It is that simple. Once that happens, you can shop via an app for the best prices and force innovation and competition which will drive down prices dramaticlly.

Step 2, Eliminate Administrative costs as we know them and Replace with funded HSA card. Provide All Veterans, Government / Federal Employees, and the Economically challenged an HSA card which will provide the user choices on how, when, and where to spend it. Complete rollover of unused funds each year. Hospitals have more people working the billing dept than they have nurses. A simplified coding system without all the hassel, authorizations, etc will reduce costs by about 25%.

Step 3, Critical Care (high deductable since the HSA will cover the deductable) insurance through private insurers who can provide plans in all 50 states.

Insurance companies MAKE money when they deny claims, by simply denying any claims possible they are able to bill man hours, jack up operating costs and steadily increase premiums year after year.

link   

It's the corporations, elite, government, whatever - People more powerful than an individuals fault, that WE as a COLLECTIVE accept less than average circumstances.

Stop with this whole personal accountability bullsnip - It doesn't apply to larger groups. "Society" is a word for a reason. "Community" is a word for a reason. We function as a bigger piece, and as individuals. I am talking about the bigger piece, and I would ask that you please try to address the bigger picture rather than individuals.

Sorry but a society, a community, a "larger group" is formed of individuals by definition. If all of those individuals took "personal accountability" seriously we wouldn't even be having this discussion. However, we need the safety nets and government services for those who legitimately require it through no fault of their own.

And by the way, the government and the elite are a part of society. When people claim "WE", always ask who this "we" is – it is likely some are excluded.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Sure, thats something you can do if you are so talented. I can find you plenty of 9 irons. I can also supply a list of people needing that reeducation.

Like I said, we all have a place in the future.

You get dirty, they will make it worth your while.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

There wouldnt be problem if everyone just agreed like we do. This discord IS a problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: infolurker

Correct.

Insurance companies MAKE money when they deny claims, by simply denying any claims possible they are able to bill man hours, jack up operating costs and steadily increase premiums year after year.

Correct, take the administrative costs out of the equasion.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

There's still a line.

I fully believe the average Joe could be a corrupt politician or ceo or the like, but since the average Joe is not currently in those positions, I use "we" to describe where we are politically, financially, etc..lower than others.

Though anyone could step over the line in either direction, the "others" have the board set up in their favor so it is less likely they will ever fall to commoner, and less likely the average will ever rise to elite, or higher class
edit on 3-3-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join