It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the right-wing resolution to healthcare, anyways?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The inflation rate for healthcare remained stable, until the government began subsidizing the industry.

Lasik eye surgery, lyposuction, and plastic surgery are areas of healthcare that have actually seen a decrease in prices over the years; due to the fact these segments have been left relatively in the free market arena.

I cannot afford healthcare insurance, I would have to either work a second job or become involved in lucrative but illicit activities to cover the cost. Thanks to the either buy health insurance or suffer a penalty, I will no longer file taxes, this year I would have received a refund, albeit less than $20. Next year, I estimate I will owe $1,000 due to increased penalty. I make less than $20k a year, I will not buy health insurance because it is not worth the cost, I will not pay penalty because you cannot force me to buy a product.

If anyone disagrees with that, if someone feels I should pay for a product I will not use, then by all means; come and make me.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You shut up & let the Private Sector take care of you! The Private Sector loves you NOW BOW DOWN & FEEL ITS LOVE!

I even got some corporate logos as tattoos! Hopefully the corporate overlords will see how loyal I am!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

So what the hell is your better idea, right-wing people?

The only idea I have seen from the right wing is to argue about, fillibuster and try to repeal any progress made toward reasonable healthcare for all. I would add that the ridiculous obstruction has cost millions upon millions. It is one of the things that make our government look like a joke to other westernized countries.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I don't really blame them for wanting to block obama-care, it's a nightmare... unless...

I once heard obamacare was meant to be single-payer, but the compromise for right-wingers was to have it be ... a forced tax that aids huge corporations? Sounds like it may have been the plan all-along. The rich love serving each other under the guise of freedom and capitalism.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Conservative/REpublican stance on healthcare is that if you can't afford it or you don't have family and friends that will help you, then you must die. They want as all to die. That's one of the biggest reasons I'm not a Republican.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Live and let die i guess. Militairy spendings trumph healthcare. have fun!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Fair assessment, but is it practical, now?

Would the consumers be willing to take sniffles off the coverage list? - Would the insurance companies be willing to cut their huge margins they make off such coverage? I'm sure the insurance companies don't mind charging 100 dollars for an aspirin, and it seems like enough people are already accustomed to the care they receive to give it up. It's a double-fault situation when it comes to this specific problem.

Though, I don't believe this specific problem gives insight to the entire picture...

Seems like universal healthcare would just take care of this specific situation and others, rather than try to repair it over who knows how many decades.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Kind of like the cable and satellite companies, cell phone companies, banks and the pharmaceutical industry? They're private and they're ripping off the consumer! Prescriptions prices are outrageous. Hearing-aids cost more than computers! Don't tell me the material and labor costs of producing ONE hearing aid cost $1000 - $1,500 dollars! It's price is marked up just because it's a medical device!

Paying for an increase in taxes would be a heck of a lot less than what people and companies pay in healthcare premiums. You can't deny that some parts of Obama Care have helped a lot of folks. Such as not being denied healthcare insurance if you have a pre-medical condition. Or young people are allowed to stay on their parent's healthcare plans until age 26.

Obamacare is not universal healthcare. It has some major flaws, and it should either be fixed or scraped altogether in favor of universal healthcare. Conservatives are the biggest whiners of Obama Care, but they have offered absolutely no alternative to fix the Health Care crisis in America.

There's no competition anymore, it's all business oligarchies. Just another way big corporations get around illegal monopolies.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure their answer is the middle finger.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Private sector is YOU, the public. The same free public that can start your own business or Medical Practice.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: reldra

I don't really blame them for wanting to block obama-care, it's a nightmare... unless...

I once heard obamacare was meant to be single-payer, but the compromise for right-wingers was to have it be ... a forced tax that aids huge corporations? Sounds like it may have been the plan all-along. The rich love serving each other under the guise of freedom and capitalism.

It changed quite a bit along the way to get anywhere. It was not supposed to be this jumbled mess. Though it helped some, it gave others ridiculous payments and deductibles- mainly due to how states set up exchanges and/or refused extra medicaid money. It's a start, the uninsured are a huge drain on the economy, therefore a tax if you don't have it...to cover at least some of the cost when an uninsured person up shows up at the ER.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Agreed!

I'm not saying I wish it would be done, but I've heard that people have analyzed cell-phone tower costs, and such and have said that if the government took over, they could charge everyone 20 bucks a month, and make a large amount - Possibly even reduce taxes in other areas. ( not saying we have such an amazing government that they would, though..)

No source, sorry - But I do happen to believe it.

But I agree that the "free market" has not been proven to be worth horse-snip. It hardly seems to exist these days, other than in small towns, locally-owned, and such. But most I know in those situations scrape to get by.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here is what I found about what the Republicans are wanting to do about health care. It is a pdf file.

www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdfttp://

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Remove the "ttp://" from the end, or it's a broken link.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Directly purchased health insurance. Purchase what kind of plan you want while not purchasing the plans you don't want. Keep health insurance out of the hands of employers, and put it in the hands of the consumers. The market decides the prices.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I see a problem with line 1, though.

Make quality health care coverage affordable and accessible for every American,
regardless of pre-existing health conditions.

They're going to ensure everyone either gets covered, or can receive a living wage to buy their own coverage?

I'd like to see that proposed legislation.

I can't afford ANY insurance costs. Last ten years, I've been into the doctor once. That's less than a couple hundred dollars, for ten years of coverage...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Two things here.......my insurance premiums went from about 2500 a year to over 10,000 a year after this bs got all sorted out. So I am mad at you and the insurance company but mostly the dumbass democrats that passed the bill because they are so un astute in such matters as to amounting to allow them to screw the american public. Not to mention justice Obamas butt buddy allowing the SP to be used to legitimize the con job.

Also. I was in the hospital a few months back. Woman next to me had advanced emphysema. I set and listen to the Dr try to break it to them easy.....for about 30minites because her family wasn't getting it, that AHCA wasn't going to spend a dime other than trying to make her comfortable. No advance treatment, nothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

What is this "market" everyone keeps talking about?

My quote button isn't working.

"Kind of like the cable and satellite companies, cell phone companies, banks and the pharmaceutical industry? They're private and they're ripping off the consumer!"- WeRpeons

The market doesn't decide much. The corporations tell the consumer what they HAVE to pay, no choices. We are not a society which is taught that we have power over the market. We accept crappy cell-phone contracts, medicines priced hundreds of times higher than they reasonably should be in a competitive market, etc...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Hearing aids are expensive because they are medical devices covered under the ACA.

Pharmaceuticals are so high, because Americans are covering the cost of the rest of the world to have cheap pharmaceuticals.

www.ibtimes.com...

Subsidies are a major factor in the high cost of health care. Our population does not get proper nutrition or exercise, that is the responsibility of the individual.

When I was attacked, stabbed, and brutally beaten; I had to sign a document stating I refuse hospital care. I am uninsured, but I am not the problem; I will not pay for health insurance nor utilize those services because in most cases I have learned to doctor myself. Most pharmaceuticals are derived from plants, those plants work just as well, and are a hell of a lot cheaper.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Umm why would you be mad at me? I hate obamacare. I hate that democrats passed it, I hate that it's not single-payer, I hate the insurance companies for making huge dollars off of it..

How is any of this on me or my ideology?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join