It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What is the right-wing resolution to healthcare, anyways?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The point of that last sentence is to say that the cost of maintenance healthcare should be so low that it would be cheaper than your insurance costs. You would not need insurance to cover them. You would only need insurance to cover the unexpected costs of Emergency care which would be a higher cost because its usually more exotic or intensive.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
a reply to: Dragoon01

I understand. Thanks for your clarification.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: deadlyhope

So what the hell is your better idea, right-wing people?

Increased Privatization and allowing the free market to regulate the price of everything healthcare related.
Ideally it's not a bad alternative.

please tell me about this "free market" you talk about.......I have not seen one....maybe in Somalia....."wealth" makes sure there are plenty of rules protecting itself, and not protecting you or I.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:02 PM

The reason hospitals cost so GD much is "capitalism" - Don't tell me it's government this or that or taxes.

Like everything else in this country people are paying more for the LABOR than services rendered.

Also it sure doesn't help the US government is the largest health insurer in the country with over 100 million people on it's rolls.

Which no single evil private corporation has.

The ONLY function of health insurance is to pay the hospital bills.

We ALL know the left's solution to a problem they created in the first place.

Create a super monopoly when the state ALREADY has cornered the market.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
a reply to: neo96

Fact: Univeral healthcare exists - and is actually well liked by it's citizens in the top countries in the world.

Opinion: Universal healthcare is evil communist leftist nazism fascism whatever else.

The reason we pay the workers so damn much isn't medicare/medicaid - It's because they have to have an extremely large billing staff to process all these insurance companies - Company being synonymous with a capitalistic economy, and then we have to pay for all those insurers jobs as well, not to mention the lawyers, big pharma, etc...

Before we even touch government involvement, there's millions or billions to be paid every year by those that enjoy their "free market job" - Insurance companies, big pharma, etc has to do with money, profit, and the like. Not government.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:57 PM

Fact the STATE take over of healthcare which is WHAT universal 'healthcare' is.

No matter how much lipstock 'liberals' put on that pig. It's still a pig.

edit on 10-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
a reply to: neo96

Dude- We live corporatism - You know, the rich are so rich that they buy off politicians - This happens when someone doing good in business thinks capitalism is not good enough for them, so they bribe politicians to pass regulations and laws that smaller and less corrupt corporations cannot compete with.

Now, 80% of our candidates are corporate funded cronies and that's the fault of the people that want to "spread the wealth " ?

I think it's the fault of the people that HAVE THE WEALTH.

Aka republicans like Koch brothers, goldman sachs, and the like.

They control both sides of the board as well, Hillary is bought and paid for by corporations as well... How is this the fault of universal healthcare? I'm really not following you.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>