It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StoryWars, do you like fun collaborative writing? Interesting website to check out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I enjoy a bit of fun writing now and again, and came across this new site StoryWars, where one can start a story/poem/sentence and let others add to it, or just add to existing ones.
Then you choose either a 12 or 24 hours countdown, at the end of which users vote to choose which draft will continue the story.
It's divided into genres like fan-fiction, horror, mystery, humor, 'mature' themes etc.

I had another one in my bookmarks actually, called Folding Story, which is sillier, as there's a character limit and no voting. So one can pretty much take the story whichever direction. Also you can only see the last part that was added not the whole story, until it's finished.

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

I remember a forum game similar to this concept where the OP would start a sentence using any given amount of words (something like 5 words), and then every following post had to add 5 more words to the sentence, which grew into a paragraph, which grew into a story. Usually with very ridiculous outcomes.

Good times

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Some friends and I have been doing something similar via Google Docs for a while now. This looks like fun! I will obsess over it presently.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nice! i remember playing a game like this in school called the longest sentence in the world. Same idea, someone would start it off with a word, the next person would repeat the word then add their own and so on.

new topics

top topics

join