It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the most advanced sniper scope in the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just had a question about which country has (in your opinion) developed the most technologically advance sniper scope?

I remember hearing something about the use of 'T-Rays' that allowed the viewer to see targets through bushes and tree's..
Will see if I can find a link to this.. is there any new technology that is in the pipeline?

Klep.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Subquestion to this thread: What in your opinion is the best all round sniper rifle in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Russian SV-98 (was apparently the replacment for the Dragunov SVD)

7.62mm

Used by Spez-Natz (good enough for them.....)

apparently it is not available outside of Russia..

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The 'best' sniper rifle is a subjective question, its only as good as the person using it. But I've included a link to good site.

www.snipercentral.com...

Spacemunkey

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.snipercentral.com...

(missing url)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have heard nothing to suggest that the SV-98 will replace the Dragunov...

www.world.guns.ru...

It's mainly a police/counter terror/Spec-ops weapon...

The SVD soldiers on in it's newest incarnation...the SVD-M

OH and to anwer your question...

This is from the www.world.guns.ru forum:

www.horusvision.com it has a flash game explaining its reticule. it has a range finder aswell.i've played the game and the whole system works

that might give you a good impression what are fancy scopes...

as for best sniper rifle, The best Semi-Auto is probably the PSG-1, the best bolt action sniper rifle is probably the DSR-1...

[edit on 11/1/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This sniper rifle was developed by IZHMASH (Izhevsk Machinebuilding Plant) and based on proven sporting rifle Record-CISM.
SV-98 has iron sights (shrouded front and adjustable rear) and a scope mount. Standard scope is a Russian-made PKS-07 7X fixed magnification scope. Trigger is "sport-style" and adjustable (standard trigger pull is 1.5-2kg). The wooden stock features an adjustable buttplate and cheek pad; the folding bipods are integral. The manually operated bolt action has a rotating bolt with three frontal lugs. Cold hammer-forged barrel is free-floating, and has a threaded muzzle which can accept sound moderator (special type of silencer intended for supersonic ammunition). Special plastic magazine holds 10 rounds.

SV-98 is in production at IZHMASH and used by various Russian law enforcement and counter-terrorist forces. With match-grade ammunition it shots the 5cm groups at 300 meters, which accounts for sub-MOA accuracy.

top topics

join