It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clean for the Queen , Do What ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes people of Britain our Tory overlords want YOU to clean up your area for the Queen's 90th Birthday because you never know when she might pop round.
The great clean up in honor of Maj is scheduled for this weekend and to be honest it's the first I've heard of it , thankfully that means it will be over soon , at the head of the campaign is chief Numpty Michael Gove , here he is cleaning for his Queen.

I'm unsure if this is an actual campaign for Liz's Birthday or just a way of covering for the loss of street cleaners in Tory cuts.

NO I will not clean for your Queen Dave but if needed I will help her clean out Buckingham Palace of all the Aristocratic hangers on and leaches on the public purse , I will not be touching my forelock or "celebrating" her 90th Birthday either.

Some have called the campaign patronizing and I agree , Bloody Tories.

This has been the trouble with our tidy-up efforts all along – the calibre of the creatures asking us to do it. We have a history of ghastly boss-pots heading these campaigns: Thatcher, Richard Branson and Lady Porter, who also cleaned up Westminster by cleansing away council housing and the homeless, and several millions of pounds, which she tidied into her own pocket. I would rather swim in sewage than obey any of them.
www.theguardian.com...

I would clean up for myself or for my neighborhood but NEVER for an elitist political party or an out of touch , out of date Monarchy.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's typical of the Tories I'm afraid. Try to appeal to the Royalists in order to cover up the extent to which their cuts are effecting local services.

I work for a local authority and the cuts over the last six years have had a massive impact on all services. Yet the very people who created the mess, the bankers, are awarding themselves massive bonuses and with their mate Osborne heading up the Treasury, no change is in sight.

Unfortunately, despite being cut to the bone, it's not enough for these tossers.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't drop litter.

I pick litter up left by irresponsible anglers.

I feel I do enough.

I do it for my planet. Not the queen.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I pick up litter and weed the path around my home, so do my neighbours, our street is clean and it costs us no money to keep it that way.
I live in a tourist area so we pay council tax and business rates which employs litter-pickers who do a sterling job, every cigarette end, every discarded chip. Public/communal areas (shopping/leisure streets, parkland, beaches etc) are clean.

The only places with litter and dog # in my area are the social/council housing streets where the residents evidently expect the council to sort it, even though it is the residents of the estates who are dropping their own litter and not cleaning up after their dogs.

Clean for the queen?!! Not a chance, I keep my part of my street clean same as the neighbours do, because we like a clean street.
If people allow their residential streets to be #holes then good luck to them, I don't want my taxes paying for their own problem to be sorted when it is the scummy residents themselves making it a #hole.
Oh, it would be good for the queen to see the real world of slovenly, lazy communities out there, could be an eye opener.
I bet she thinks all the places she visits in Britain smells of fresh paint and cleaning products anyway.
edit on 3.3.2016 by grainofsand because: clarity

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Maybe if you all cleaned up your communities then the cuts would make more sense. Why does your government need to do something like that for you? A better question would be why you think you shouldn't be the one responsible for keeping your local community clean?

Look, I find the campaign freaking offensive and childish, but your response of wanting more services from your government is just as stupid. Clean up your own carp and stop expecting government to take care of you.

You are a grown up now...act like it ffs.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are a grown up now...act like it ffs

Ooooo snarky !
You missed the point.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We see it from a similar perspective, which is why I used the social/council housing estate examples in my reply above.
Housing estates in my area, which have massively discounted rented homes provided by the state, are the only places full of dog # and litter.
I already stated that my street is clean and costs zero pence for that to happen because we all like a clean street, so we take care of our areas.

I rented a flat/apartment in a concrete jungle council housing estate many years ago. I was renting it from a private landlord who had bought it under a 'right to buy' government scheme after previously being a long term term council tenant, I've never been housed by the state.
Anyway, when I moved in, the communal hallway and stairs to my place were disgusting, dirty and smelling of piss...I was desperate at the time...so I got a mop, and bucket filled with a strong bleach/water mix then scrubbed the place.
I met lots of new neighbours while doing it, some thanked me, some ridiculed me and said it was the councils job, or why bother as it'll be a #hole next week again.

Over a few weeks later other residents did the same, and slowly the place got cleaner, less people pissed in the clean places, although weekend nights often needed a fix on Sunday, but it stopped completely after a few weeks when people started liking living in a clean environment.

We've crossed swords a few times Metallicus, but on personal responsibility, community responsibility, and not sucking on the teat of government we are very similar in mindset.
edit on 3.3.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am an American! I think England should get rid of parasites living off the
citizens' and communities.Hint...I am not talking about the royal family
either even though they do live off the people.

I almost forgot...Yes,I would clean up my yard for the Queen even though
I live in the U.S.
edit on 3-3-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

To be fair our town centre is horrendous when it comes to litter. I'm not sure if the £110/month council tax or £500+PAYE is supposed to cover this but there were more council employees cleaning up after the irresponsible ten years ago.

I see the point of the OP. But yeah, if we would all clean after ourselves life would be sweeter.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus this is why people are uncomfortable with the campaign because its patronising and makes the assumption that without government and nationalistic motivation, we would not take care of our communities when most normal people in the uk are clean and look after their communities, we don't need a government campaign to socially engeneer us into taking care of our communities. It's not the best thought out campaign.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Ah it's budgeted for in my area which explains why we are in the top percent for highest council tax in the UK.
Tourists don't want to go somewhere with litter in the main tourist places, or without thousands of pretty street lights, street art etc.
They all cost money, electricity etc, so I totally support my taxes funding the communal main spaces, I just don't for residential streets.

Let those who wish to live in a #hole live in a #hole, and those who don't will keep their residential areas clean and tidy.
No community needs the government for that, it costs nothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Despite what the local promotion would have you believe, my city is certainly not a tourist destination. I'm lucky to be on the outskirts in a village.

Come to think of it I'm talking utter #... My village is a different council. My council tax doesn't go toward anything in the city. Lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

So does your immediate community keep the place clean around their own homes, respecting the place and such like?
Mine does, and it costs nothing, just a bit of will from residents.

Any purely residential street that is a #hole is the shame of the lazy residents who live in that community. I object to my taxes funding the litter pickers from the council for those lazy communities, and it is telling that the communities with the most litter and dog # in my area are those housed by the council.
Personal and community responsibility has died in those estates...RIP

*Edit*
...and the council is only facilitating the lazy bastards to have a filthy community. No council litter pickers come up my street, ever, yet there are teams which work the social/council housed estates just to keep on top of their litter, and dog #.
It costs nothing to keep the street area around your home clean, so I guess some communities must like living in such conditions, or are lazy entitled bastards.

edit on 3.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm unsure if this is an actual campaign for Liz's Birthday or just a way of covering for the loss of street cleaners in Tory cuts.

That's the bit they don't mention, when services are cut, taxes are not. Still, I suppose it leaves Pinocchio Osbourne more cash for his snow.
I wonder what Gove did with the 'helping hand he holds?...maybe he lifted little stones to fill in all the potholes on her majesty's route.
Ah! such condescension from these whacko tories who have a penchant for building moats and duck islands round their houses with tax payers money.....in between wars that is...er no, all the time, and even when they were catched, they didn't pay it all back.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They have to pay for their wars, so taxes are not reduced significantly, if at all.

They bailed the banks out and it would be more preferable if they took those bankers bonuses and put them straight into the treasury.

But no, they prefer to take from the most vulnerable in society and that doesn't include those who are de-frauding the system or are able to work, but choose not to.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There's dog crap wherever I go to be honest.

The villages are clean as there are less teens etc hanging around. The council estates are a mix. The city centre is diabolical. It's actually been in the news recently.

You're right, it is a certain type of person who litters. Ignorant.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Yes people of Britain our Tory overlords want YOU to clean up your area for the Queen's 90th Birthday because you never know when she might pop round.
The great clean up in honor of Maj is scheduled for this weekend and to be honest it's the first I've heard of it , thankfully that means it will be over soon , at the head of the campaign is chief Numpty Michael Gove , here he is cleaning for his Queen.

He looks so damn happy. You could ignore this oddly thought out campaign and leave him alone maybe?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He's doing a photo shoot for his oddly thought out campaign , of course he looks happy.
As long as he's a Tory government minister he's fair game , I don't think I can leave any of them alone until they're consigned to the dustbin of history.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

He looks like he's secretly got one of those feathered tickling sticks up his arse to me, just saying.

new topics

top topics

join