It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legend of Black Aggie

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So I thought I would get back to the roots of why I started coming to ATS in the first place and post something creepy and weird with a paranormal background. Now I'm sure there are plenty of statues and/or cemetery's with their own dark tales but I figured I would post this one as I am a DMV native so I really get into the local legends such as The goatman of MD. However that is another legend for another time right now I would like to share the story of Black Aggie.

The General's wife, Annie, died in 1922 and Agnus himself died three years later at the age of 86. He was also laid to rest at the feet of "Aggie".... and shortly thereafter, her legend was born.

While the Agnus Monument seemed innocent enough in the daylight, those who encountered the statue in the darkness, gave her the nickname of "Black Aggie". To these people, she was a symbol of terror and her legend grew to become an occasional story in the local newspaper and of course, the private conversations of those who believed in a dark side. Where else could you find a statue whose eyes glowed red at the stroke of midnight?

The legend grew.... and it was said that the spirits of the dead rose from their graves to gather around her on certain nights and that living persons who returned her gaze were struck blind. Pregnant women who passed through her shadow (where strangely, grass never grew) would suffer miscarriages.

Link to full story and history

There is also talk about deaths surrounding this statue, totally creeptastic. I kind of want to see if I can get some of my braver friends together and check out this dark mistress of the night. Now stuff like this is what ATS is about...pheew needed a break from all the political war zone threads. Enjoy fellow enthusiast's of strangeness...

Who would sit her lap?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I had never heard of this before, I love creepy shuff like this definitely a E.A. Poe type story.

Thanks for the interesting break from the politics.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I love legends like this! And statues like that
I have a whole bunch of them in an album on Pinterest.

I wish I knew how to sculpt, because I would definitely make one for myself!

The legend is very interesting. I'll have to read more about it. thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
Isn't it supposed to move, too?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"Would you sit on her lap?"

Yes, yes I would. I'm a moron like that.

I have A LOT of hardware in my body because of the ignorant snip I've done.

S&F for the cool story.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Isn't it supposed to move, too?

I believe that is part of the legend yes. I'd also like to note that being a "Conspiracy Theorist" myself and with the involvement of the smithsonian at some point I can't help but question the authenticity of the current statue that is in Washington DC at the Federal Courts building today.

a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I read in Weird Indiana that somebody actually messed with it on a dare and died. Something like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Where else could you find a statue whose eyes glowed red at the stroke of midnight?

The hood reminds me of what the Rephaim look like in the angle prison, Tartarus. They take the form of wraiths hence the hoods and red eyes.

top topics

join