It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton won the Presidency today and I am sad.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ilikebooze

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

IS that the Same Europe with the debt crisis because they are under the delusion the state exists to provide for the material WANTS of the masses.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't.

Basic healthcare is a material want of the masses?

Just because alot of people want it doesn't mean you should force EVERYONE to get it.

I am so tired of other people trying to decide whats best for me.

Well you do know that you don't have to use it even if you have it right? But in any case, are you going to honestly sit there and tell me you've NEVER been to the doctors for an illness or injury and just toughed out every malady you've had?

of course I have been to a doctor. So because i have used a doctor I should be forced to buy insurance? I dont follow.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

What happens if you get cancer?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

IS that the Same Europe with the debt crisis because they are under the delusion the state exists to provide for the material WANTS of the masses.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't.

Basic healthcare is a material want of the masses?

Just because alot of people want it doesn't mean you should force EVERYONE to get it.

I am so tired of other people trying to decide whats best for me.

Well you do know that you don't have to use it even if you have it right? But in any case, are you going to honestly sit there and tell me you've NEVER been to the doctors for an illness or injury and just toughed out every malady you've had?

of course I have been to a doctor. So because i have used a doctor I should be forced to buy insurance? I dont follow.

Wait, I never said you should be forced to buy insurance. In fact, I specifically said I didn't support it in a previous post in this thread. UHC isn't that though.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's why government needs to control healthcare prices in some way. Like every other civilized country does.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What if I get hit by a bus tomorrow? If I dont get cancer can I have my money back? Then I will buy insurance.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So because I might get cancer I should start paying an additional thousands of dollars (I don't have btw) a year?

Sounds like you just want me to pay for others stuff real bad and your trying to boogeyman me with cancer.

Pretty shifty

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So here we are.

When this countries is over $18 trillion dollars in DEBT with a bunch of half assed programs that can't pay for themselves.

People absolutely WANT another helping of STUPID.

As it stands right now just between medicare,and medicaid that accounts for over 100 million people at a cost of over $1 trillion per YEAR.

Triple that number that that will add over 3 trillion per YEAR just on healthcare. On top of the trillions it is currently spending on 'other' THINGS.

I guess the state will magically pull out of it's snip.

I had no idea so many people wanted to live in a debtors prison.

Indentured servitude.

Well we could always trim a bunch of money off of the military budget.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Slaves to BigPharma and the Insurance Corps.

I pray the US get what they deserve, which is UHC.

Until then, lapdogs to the slip of cronyism.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Hillary won the popular vote, in 2008, and still lost to Obama. Bernie's not out. The super delegates can change their support, and would, if voter preference starts to favor Bernie more.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

So because I might get cancer I should start paying an additional thousands of dollars (I don't have btw) a year?

Sounds like you just want me to pay for others stuff real bad and your trying to boogeyman me with cancer.

Pretty shifty

What do you currently pay annually for insurance?
And what would you like to pay annually for your healthcare, in an ideal world?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

So basically no matter how much i dislike Clinton, i will be forced to vote for her simply to protect my loved ones who have come down with possibly deadly diseases (and well over 100k in annual costs this year).

That's cool for you... but I guess those of us who got the shaft with Obamacare just don't matter. You got yours and phooey on the rest of us, right?

It would have been helpful if you had actually included links and excerpts of Trump's plan; but since you didn't, I looked it up myself.

First, the plan emphasizes that ObamaCare will be fully repealed, including the mandate for everyone to have coverage, an issue that has sparked criticism against Trump.

Trump’s main ideas for a replacement are to allow health insurance to be sold across state lines and permit people to make tax-free contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). HSAs are paired with a high deductible health insurance plan and are intended to make people more conscious of how they spend health dollars and reduce costs.

Both are standard Republican healthcare ideas. Experts say that both ideas are more in the realm of dealing with healthcare costs and would not do much to expand coverage for the people who would be losing it with the repeal of ObamaCare.

Trump releases healthcare plan

Healthcare Reform to Make America Great Again

I'm not crazy about Trump's plan either. But I've already gotten my death sentence from the medical establishment, and they admit they do not have the technology to make me well again, so I guess it doesn't matter for me personally anyway. But there are plenty of people who could be helped by medical technology if they had the access, and that should be everyone's goal.

Unfortunately, too many people just want theirs and don't care who gets left out.

Thank you for posting that. It makes things a lot clearer and honest.

i was already wondering why any info on the actual plan itself was missing from the OP. It should have been included unless of course the OP had a hard time arguing the actual details of the plan.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Is it really NECESSARY to capitalise every few WORDS in your POSTS? What are you trying to DO with your CAPITALISING of every other WORD? It ONLY makes you look DESPERATE and seem as though you're YELLING instead of having an HONEST DISCUSSION.

If you could STOP, that would be GREAT, thank YOU.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Pretty shifty

100$ dollars a month, I would gladly pay. Even though I have been to the doctor exactly twice in the last 4 years. Both times was the minute clinic at CVS for 89$, and a 20$ antibiotic.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What if I get hit by a bus tomorrow? If I dont get cancer can I have my money back? Then I will buy insurance.

If you want to solve that problem you would need to reform how insurrance companies are allowed to operate first and then build a healthcare plan around it. Something i dont see happening anytime soon. In fact i would expect a couple of assasinations if someone would even attempt it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Pretty shifty

100$ dollars a month, I would gladly pay. Even though I have been to the doctor exactly twice in the last 4 years. Both times was the minute clinic at CVS for 89$, and a 20$ antibiotic.

I don't think any country has healthcare that cheap.

That sounds like the utopia mantra us UHC supporters get labelled with.

How much do you currently pay?
edit on 3-3-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Did you ever have any real doubt that you were going to vote for Hillary Clinton? Was there any doubt that the entire Democrat strategy for this election was, "Come for the Bern, stay for the Hilldog." One is a member of the CFR, the other is not. Who did you think was going to get the nod?

And, of course, anyone not running on the Democratic ticket is a racist, as is anyone who votes for them. If you forget that, CNN and MSNBC will be happy to remind you every hour on the hour. If Trump were to magically disappear tomorrow, the next Republican front runner would suddenly become the worst racist who ever walked the face of the Earth. Do you remember any Presidential election where the Republican candidate wasn't called a racist?

Think about it, how else would you get people to vote for Hillary Clinton? Have her run on her record? Have her promise to be different than Obama, Bush II, Bill, or Bush I? The only way to get people to vote for Hillary is to convince them that all alternatives are worse.

Of course, it doesn't matter who the people vote for, Hillary has already been selected by the CFR and the Bilderbergers. It's just a matter of preserving the illusion that the American people have a choice.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I currently pay nothing (I have no insurance)

2015 I spent $170 directly on medical expenses and then to be fair another $100 on over the counter meds for other times I got sick but didn't feel the need for a doctors visit.

I understand the value of insurance but the cost has to be at least close to what it costs me to live without insurance as the coverage I can get from the ACA has terrible deductibles and feels pretty worthless anyways.

In an ideal world I would pay $70 a month. $840 a year. I just pulled that # out of thin air but it feels like a small enough amount that I could pay it monthly, avoid the penalty, and still be contributing in a meaningful way to the problem of people who go to the doctor with no insurance or intention to pay. If you subtract the $170 from 2015 from that cost thats a $670 donation.

I'm more against being forced to pay more than I can afford for services I don't often require.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Pretty shifty

No, it's kind of like how you have guns just in case you might need them to protect yourself. You might never need to, but you'll sure be glad you got them if you do...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That could happen with true universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Pretty shifty

No, it's kind of like how you have guns just in case you might need them to protect yourself. You might never need to, but you'll sure be glad you got them if you do...

but at least i can sell my guns if i go broke. i cant sell my insurance can i? as a matter of fact i have to keep paying for it or get penalized.

no one is forcing me to buy a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join