It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Ghostbusters trailer is here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hard to judge a movie on a trailer, I don't think it should have been redone period but will wait until it comes out to judge it. The all women cast has me on the fence too, I get the principle but forcing something takes away from it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Only good thing in that trailer is they used the Remixed Ghost Buster techno theme.

a reply to: the owlbear

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

OMG.

I couldn't even get through the trailer.

Hollywood ... stop killing my mother-effing childhood.

*Mods, forgive the glimpse of rage, but this is really going way too far. Seriously? Did you see that crap?!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
This movie looks like a gong show...terrible reboot of the movie...almost barfed watching the trailer...sorry but I won't ruin my childhood by watching this one

edit: on top of that...that big black women, IMO, looks and smells transgender...to much testosterone spewing from her big arms and her/his deep voice. Definitely the Winston in her/him that is for sure.

I was thinking ... hey, let's make the black one an obvious big dumb one. Winston Zeddemore had more brains (and depth) in his little finger than this broad does. Could we make her even more of an obvious stereotypical caricature?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Meh, it has slimer in it, and Kristen Wiig, guess i'll watch it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
I'm going to live the rest oft life willfully in denial that this monstrosity exists

I know right?

This is like Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch or the A Team.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's hilarious, Tumblr and other hipster hangouts are already calling this a film about equal rights... while the movie stereotypically casts the black person as another dumb down Missy Elliot gangster archetype.

SJW's have such tunnel vision.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
On a side note: Did you see that thing that looked like a mix between Beetlejuice and Jack Skellington?

I'm pretty sure that was Slenderman.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This would be an ok amusing movie for me if the original did not exist BUT the original does exist
and this does it no justice at all.
Mr Murray and the rest of the cast were just about perfect they created an film icon that is a funny now
as it was then and this new film is just a very very pale CGI imitation

and what the hell is going on with the winston replacement ! oh right a big dumb BLACK FEMALE!!
yea way to shoot your selves in the foot hollywood i dont think that role is going to go down
well with the PC crowd at all!

with all the rubbish surrounding the oscars and such you need to be casting a few more non white actors
in playing intelligent roles and perhaps a lead or two eh!

bad form bad choice poorly thought out and going for the easy buck in summer meh next.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When it takes that much work for a trailer to make sense of itself there can't be much hope for the movie itself.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Not big dumb black woman, all.

Large, sassy, "street smart" black woman to speak suburban approved "urban" catchphrases that won't threaten the affluent white women in the theater but make them feel more connected to "those people".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Careful....
Your dating yourself...
And me
And it seems like a lot of others on this thread. LOL

I just watched the Original GB the other day. This new one? No thank you. Maybe a good idea, but severely terrible execution.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

so caricature or stereotype then either way
Ernie Hudson did a much better job of playing
a better written character.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Truly an abomination - didn't even crack a smile watching that.
Why oh why did they do it? Just embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah, this reaction video pretty much sums up all my thoughts on it...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If the best parts of the movie, ie the hooks that are supposed to grab you, are shown in the trailer... that was horrible.

Bad ghost effects, You Can't Do that on Television sliming, Hemsworth 0.5 second cameo, hat gag, superfluous guns flipping out and being licked by the stereotypical geek tech girl... I won't even bother comparing it to the original. It just looks bad by itself.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well, there is much to see in the full movie but I see:
There are 3 types of people (@ 30 seconds): those that take the chip, those that standby and watch (lukewarm Christians) and those that question/the science community (unfaithfully and disingenuously question/answer).
The scientist then reveals that the 'entity' actually knew all ("that stuff went everywhere, into every crack, very hard to wash off"). Christianity?
These people convince others to believe (@58 seconds). CERN comes into play at this point (the trap).
after that, seems like the Chinese influence theme to help with the death trap and transportation methods.

Religion, science and nations (fake) argue about decisions for the public good (1:28 mins)

Those that question at a later date (2:06 mins), are driven to panic because it is too late (receive the mark anyways).

But who knows, my imagination runs wild.

I guess the whole movie will reveal more.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can't say I'm not going to watch it, but it will be in a few years when it's free on TV and there is nothing else on.
My BF can't stand Melissa McCarthy and as soon as he sees she is in it, he won't go near the movie.
I am a bit curious about the story line and would of liked if Bill Murray and the rest of the older cast had important roles in this new GB reboot.
Seems Hollywood is so about who is new and all hyped up, sometimes they forget that a good movie should be based on good story telling. Having the original characters take place in the story would have been more interesting IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I just watched it again to give it another chance.

So yeah.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
no bill murray me no likey.

bill murray and the other originals (except harold ramis because he passed away) are are listed on the cast list for this movie

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join