It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to Endorse Trump Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Now, if you have not heard this from 2012 please do. It sounds like what would be an endorsement if Romney was to say this today. He is basically saying ALL of the things that Trump has said he will do and what he stands for.

www.liveleak.com...

Is this Romney speech designed to hurt Donald Trump...or help him? To me, right now, there are factions in the GOP that are deciding the leadership behind the scenes for decades to come and there is a shift. There are those who do want Trump, and then, there are those that cannot swallow the pill and look for a way to simply steamroll the election which makes you think there are aligned with the DNC. Those who wanted Jeb to walk in and it is not happening now.

So, the day of a huge FOX debate, someone who once endorsed will attempt to derail and flip/flop which in politics is never a good thing. Is that simply just going to cause more anger among those true Trump Supporters and those who may be on the fence? Cause anger that would move them to the Trump camp. I cannot see anyone for Trump listening to Romney and saying " OK you are right" and change their vote but it would show those who still need to decide that the GOP is corrupt and it is ripe for change.

This, along with the race baiting, is going to blow up in the face of the Old GOP and the DNC....
edit on 03am31amf0000002016-03-03T09:09:40-06:000940 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 03am31amf0000002016-03-03T09:53:28-06:000928 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wondering who the Sheol would listen to Romney , Palin , or McCain in this modern age.I think Romney wishes he was Trump and had that kind of popularity when he ran,,,,,Can someone say the green-eyed monster at play ?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, it would give Trump an excuse to ditch the debate if Romney, with the support of the establishment, sandbags him. Is it orchestrated? Who can tell anymore, it's all theater. For sure Trump and Romney both have moderate tendencies. And the argument can be made that Trump's rebel, anti-establishment but still GOP candidacy gives the GOP powers that be cover from some of the more anti-PC opinions of it's base, which makes it easier for moderates to stay in the party.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

When I first heard about this speech my thoughts were like yours. Drumpf's supporters will not be swayed while the stalwart Republicans might be swayed by one of their own making a huge public plea to unite the party. So yeah, I can easily see Romney making a big lets honor all the voters who voted with Trump and unite behind him.

I know that this flies in the face of all who say that the establishment do not want Trump because he is an outsider. But I think that Trump is NOT an outsider. I think he has been the clown face of the establishment all along, sent into swallow up all the loose end voters, the ones who have been feeling abandoned by the system. And now that he has them all riled up, the establishment will publicly welcome him and his gathered flock with open arms.

Trump IS the establishment, maybe just not the low level establishment we have been trained to look for.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just read Trumps positions today and they kind of impressed me. www.donaldjtrump.com...

Now if he could just do something with that hair.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Anything Romney says about Trump will end up being an "endorsement".

I think the GOP is learning from Democrats.

Always use controlled opposition when needed.

It's very effective.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think Carson staying home is also strategic move for this evening to free up the stage. It is in his hometown. He has stressed being the voice of reason..why would he drop now?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Trumps mission is to do what he does best, ridicule and divide the opposition to the Democratic chosen one, Hillary. Shoooot, she probably hired him for that.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"Romney to Endrose Trump Theory"

I don't know what endroseing someone means, but if it's anything like I'm imagining, I'm there.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, let's see, Romney was more than happy to have Trump's endorsement back in 2012. Here:

The more the establishment trots out their shunning of Trump, the more it lends to his legitimacy and bolsters his anti-establishment supporters. Keep it up, GOP establishment.
edit on 3jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I think Carson staying home is also strategic move for this evening to free up the stage. It is in his hometown. He has stressed being the voice of reason..why would he drop now?

Carson probably realized the futility in even attempting to have a chance to speak.

Not to mention, Mitt Romney's niece is the one who handed out tickets to all of the Republican insiders?

Most are likely unaware that a sizable portion of the debate’s ticket allocation was controlled by the Michigan Republican State Chair.
Her name is Ronna Romney McDaniel.

And yes, as the name implies, she’s a Romney.

Guess Who’s In Charge Of Tomorrow Night’s GOP Debate? Hint…R-O-M-N-E-Y

Watch and see if the FOX moderators even pay attention to Kasich. Most likely it will be a boo fest against anything Trump says. Like getting away with it once means doing it twice will work?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And all live in front of the American people!
And the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What's even better is a portion of the 47%, who Romney denigrated behind closed doors, are voting for Trump. Romney is still an ass-clown four years later.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Desperate people out there I still imagine Jeb stepping back in at some time. It seems every news site is anti Trump ya gotta love it. American people are so stupid they won't even do what their told!!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I just read Trumps positions today and they kind of impressed me. www.donaldjtrump.com...

Now if he could just do something with that hair.

Ricky you are the voice of reason,

have listened to Trump when he isn't bombastic, he does make some good points

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Guess Who’s In Charge Of Tomorrow Night’s GOP Debate? Hint…R-O-M-N-E-Y

OMG

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Romney is hitting hard.
And he's doing it with class.
This really could hurt.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He's hitting at Hillary too now.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The only ones "Listening" to Romney are Democrats.

Get them in a comfort zone.

Great controlled opposition strategy.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Romney is hitting hard.
And he's doing it with class.
This really could hurt.

Hits Trump for calling people names, then proceeds to call Trump names...

Such a hypocrite, why is he relevant again? Is he running for office?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join