It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pearls of esoteric wisdom were scattered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You have heard of the saying don't put all your eggs in one basket? It occurred to me that the various secret Society's you see today are actually each preserving a secret, that is they were each setup to preserve a particular esoteric secret.

The mystery schools of ancient Greece were actually the same and people often went from mystery school to mystery school collecting the secrets. Obviously it was understood that the pearls of wisdom should be scattered and not kept in one place where only one group of people would have access to all.

Have these modern Secret society's been successful at preserving what was entrusted to them is another matter and is debatable.

I will give you a few examples:

If you read early Alchemical text of 16th century forward you will see the "brothers of the rosy cross" is often mentioned as a group who possess the secrets of Alchemy, freemasonry is never mentioned as being connected with alchemy. It is clear then the brothers of the rosy cross were originally entrusted with preserving the secrets of alchemy.

Masonic text on the other hand shows us that the original masons were entrusted with the secrets of geometry, architecture and their highest secret being the ineffable word known in masonic text as the lost word.

In relation to magic and secrets of a magical nature the secret society of the golden dawn, OTO are often mentioned along with their inheritance from supposed older oriental schools.

In relation to the secret Christian mystical teachings we have the knights Templars.

There are also secret society s whos focus is the preservation of Kabbalistic knowledge

To acquire all the above mentioned knowledge would require years of study and trial this is done to prevent one signal person getting his hands on all the pearls perhaps to prevent abuse of knowledge. The book of Enoch tells us of a time before the flood when man got his hands on all the pearls and much unrighteousness filled the world i.e. the eternal secrets of heaven were revealed to man.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Do you consider the bible to be an esoteric story, specifically the N.T.? I See two stories in it, one for the profane and the other for the few who can see both. Not necessarily an initiate of an order just someone so educated in theological matters that it doesn't go unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Kabbalistic knowledge is abundant but I suggest you start at the source, Zoroastrianism. The Zend Avesta is tough to sit through but it is the source of the Kabbalah, what it's based off. Then Sepher Yezirah, The Solomonic keys and the Zohar are most important. You will see many books claiming knowledge on Kabbalah but the old stuff is the true teachings. It's not evil either. It's biblical commentary and some "magical" texts on spirits but nothing "satanic" like a christian would say.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Caligula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Love the topic, but I have a strong feeling you misunderstood a few things:
1. Alchemy has developed into chemistry

2. The Masons go back to the story of the building master of the temple of salomon, and the secret word was just the first "pin code", so the builders each got their own payment and couldn't pose as someone else to get more money.

3. the golden dawn has turned into crap

4. the templars didn't have much of a mystical teachings they were the first "globally" operating bank and cooperation, a merchand enterprise

5. kabbalistic knowledge is open and findable for everybody there are no secrets

And what were the "eternal secrets of heaven, is mostly maths and language, i.e. the written word, which was a big deal and magical then, but as I see it you already know how to use it.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Peeple because: spacebar

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've studied three of those but see I must study the rest. I really like Alchemy, the secrets are hidden in it but I have been learning to figure out what they are. It takes a lot of reading and research to decipher what these things say. I see a lot of truth in these kind of things. The knowledge we hold can interfere with our ability to comprehend the simplicity of life and truth. It is actually our pride in that knowledge that blinds us, not the knowledge itself.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The secret societies secret code is you don't belong.

"Its a big club and you ain't in it." --George Carlin

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I understand English is sort of a magical language. Like sun/Son being the same word. That's not a coincidence at all. Almost like they wanted people to inadvertently worship the sun and designed it into the language.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caligula

Do you consider the bible to be an esoteric story, specifically the N.T.? I See two stories in it, one for the profane and the other for the few who can see both. Not necessarily an initiate of an order just someone so educated in theological matters that it doesn't go unnoticed.

Yes there are secrets of genealogy in there along with esoteric knowledge but it is presented in such a way that the teachings have multiple layers. It would not surprise me if there was another hidden book in the bible which could only be revealed by someone with a knowledge of numerology.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Caligula

Teachings which are presented as Kabbalistic knowledge are abundant but as you said yourself there is a difference between modern popular teachings and the old stuff. Bit like yoga, there are tons of books on Yoga but most knowledgable Indians would tell you allot of it is modern rubbish.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Alchemy is not chemistry, it is esoteric knowledge presented using chemical processes as a analogy to explain deeper mystery's.

Operative masonry goes back to Nimrod and the building of the tower, freemasonry goes back to the temple of Solomon.

Templar tradition has inheritance from knightly orders such as the knights of the black swan who in turn inherited European mystical teachings such as the type hidden in grail legends and Celtic mythology

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I like reading old alchemical tracts too, its good for the soul, the images are amazing and among my favourite pieces of art.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Caligula

On a deeper level the alphabet itself is magical if you know how to use it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Two things to say to this school of thought:

First...

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and
you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living
Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty
and it is you who are that poverty."

Second....

Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the
keys of Knowledge and hidden them. They themselves have not
entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You,
however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."

There are people who understand the Keys to Heaven. But there are also people who hide the Keys to Heaven.... These things are hidden for various reasons, both good and bad. However, when the time is right...

Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which
is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing
hidden which will not become manifest."

All will become known in God's own timeline.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I agree, not only will this knowledge (along with knowledge completely lost to our age) be revealed when the time is right but it will not be for the first time. "Nothing is new under the Sun" it will be a return to the golden age and to the knowledge of that age.

For those who can read esoteric symbology something is very unusual for even the most ancient civilisations of the Earth such as the sumerians possessed all these teachings which makes us ask, how could that be?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Indeed. I've read the first five books of the Zohar that correspond to the first five books of the Tanakh and I must say it's very good. My favorite is the section on the tower of Babel.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

"Knights of the black swan" is a fictional book series.
I think you mean order of the black swan

The Order of the Black Swan (French: Companie du Cigne Noir or Compaignie du Cine) was a short-lived chivalric order founded by Amadeus VI of Savoy in 1350. It was defunct by 1364, when Amadeus founded the Order of the Collar in its stead.
wiki
edit on 4-3-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Maybe,

I dont think so though. That means there is an all encompassing conspiracy. Those are almost always not.

What I do think is happening is that there are many paths to the top of the mountain.

Even if every last secret society was lost, their ideas and thoughts would arise again from civilized men.

Its a way of thought, not a lesson to be learned. Either you think like God, or you think like a man beast.

Those words are charged and point to the inability for people to look beyond their preconceptions of what "god" and "man" are.

You will never learn a thing if you think there are answers out there being guarded like a cheat sheet.

You seek better questions so as to overcome the animal mind of man and see what the "divine" that people are talking about actually is.

There are no masters of secrets, only masters of self.

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Just a quick question, does this refer to the Rosicrucians?

"brothers of the rosy cross"

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The rose + cross is an alchemical symbol which represents the goal of Alchemy, the great arcanum. When an Alchemist succeeds in the great work he becomes a brother of the rosy cross, a member of the true and invisible order of adepts.

There are many groups who have Rosicrucian or rose cross as part of their title however as a whole they are not the brothers of the rosy cross.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Really what I meant was knights of the swan in general, the swan being a symbol that signifies a type of knowledge and therefore a knight of the swan being a person who is initiated to that understanding.

<<   2 >>

join