It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Party / Establishment before Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Without injecting any personal political affiliation / endorsement, I find it absolutely STUNNING that politics in this great nation we call the "United States" is openly discussing the deepest darkest secrets in politics, that the political "Establishment" must be preserved at all costs! It's not a new concept, but the fact that politicians are actually so desperate as to admit it under the light of day is shocking beyond description. And it should send a chill down EVERYONE's (Democrat, Republican, Etc.) collective spine we are actually witnessing the filthy underbelly of politics reveal itself before our very eyes.

The political climate has become so corrupt, so dishonest and deceitful and SO DESPERATE to maintain the status-quo by virtue of the mighty two Party system they will openly beg the Devil in public to claim their soul in return for not disrupting the power elite balance which serves them and only them. There is no difference between these two parties, there hasn't been since the '60's, but up until now these corrupt politicians have kept this secret well hidden. These infidels have absolutely no intention of serving "us", "the People", they have absolutely no intention of making good on any 'promise' they make. They have no honor and they have no soul...none of them, not a single one.

Now we watch in utter amazement as one party will openly state they will knowingly and consciously align themselves with their avowed mortal adversary in order to defeat any 'outsider' threat to the cabal establishment which feeds, strokes their egos and cares for them. It is shameful beyond imagination "we" as a people will tolerate this. It is reprehensible beyond description!

For those who still may be unclear on the message being sent, allow me to phrase it in a different way; the campaign slogan is this..."We admit it, we are corrupt to the core and supremely loyal to our power-elite puppet masters above all others. Elect us, so we can preserve and continue our lifestyle of excess and waste...at your expense. Elect us, in order to maintain the establishment and the status-quo which does absolutely nothing to serve you, but this is irrelevant, worry not. Pay no mind to our collective cabal which serves our sick and twisted interests, and only OUR sick and twisted interests, look there...an outsider, elect us, in order that we may slay them! Elect us, the damage the outsider could bring to our club of evil is unthinkable...Elect us".

Unbelievable! Shameful beyond mention, that we have allowed this once great nation to devolve to this state is unthinkable...

...and we have no one to blame but ourselves!

edit on 3/3/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They have to admit its broke so they get elected. Once the election is over the doors slam shut, the band goes home and its business as usual.
edit on 3-3-2016 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not this time...not this time. We are at the brink; their desperation tells the story. All of them, every one, DESPERATE to preserve the "establishment" over Country. There is nowhere left to hide their slithering bodies, their closets of skeletons upon skeletons.

It is WAR!

edit on 3/3/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It is WAR!

Don't get your hopes up. Look at what happened to Bernie. Let's even go back to Ron Paul or Perot. People got behind them, loved their ideas, but when it came time to actually do something.........."Sorry, busy, ain't got time to vote" and there went true "Change".
People in this country are just too damn....well, let's face it...stupid and complacent to get off their collective asses and fight to change anything. If it doesn't almost literally hit them in the face, it's someone else's job to change what they don't like. They keep electing the same people who screw them over.....and then wonder why their ass is sore. I have given up on seeing real change in my lifetime. Far, far too many that are happy to sit, drink beer, watch sports or keep track of the latest fad on Twitter to care about what's happening to us as a nation. Millions protest a flag, but when corruption on a national level is revealed to them......crickets. They rise up and howl if someone dared utter a word they found hurtful, but saving our nation? .........................................hear that? Yeah, me neither.
The game is rigged and I'm outta chips.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sadly, most people are blind to these facts and still believe one party or the other will 'fix' the problem.

Collapse, I'm sorry to say, is the only fix for the abomination that has become our federal government.

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No argument with the basic theme of your post, I agree. The one difference now though is the nearness of the core issue to the surface. In the past, the two party system has been able to conceal their true homogenous nature from the public through rhetoric and marginalization of outsider candidates. Never before have outsider candidates provided any serious threat to the establishment, they could normally exterminate them before they got any real traction. Not so this time around, and the gloves are coming off. They will stop at NOTHING to preserve the establishment, even if that means revealing what the "establishment" truly is and represents. They have no other choice now.

Case in point; Trump is a bandit no doubt, but he's not a Beltway Bandit...and that is a BIG, HUGE, distinction! They can't control him, and now they've all but lost their ability to squash him or marginalize him. Now the real daggers come out. He didn't use them to attain his (likely ill-gotten) fortune, and therefore he has no allegiance to them. He is a threat to their very way of life...because he owes them nothing.

Life inside the 'Beltway' of Washington DC is the most surreal thing imaginable. It's no wonder DC is not a state in the classic sense. It seethes and thrives with corruption, lies, dirty tricks and treachery, but when push comes to shove, they all agree on one thing...outsiders who owe them no allegiance shall never, ever, be allowed in.

This (my OP) isn't about Trump at all, but rather exactly as the title states; Establishment over Country. Priority #1 above all others is to preserve the establishment. Prioritizing the needs of the Country and its citizens is a distant 3rd (if that). The very fact this is being allowed to exist at all needs to be recognized for what it is...and EXTERMINATED to a complete and absolute sterile state.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The very fact this is being allowed to exist at all needs to be recognized for what it is…and EXTERMINATED to a complete and absolute sterile state.

Or a lonely shootout on a cold frozen hiway somewhere, branded terrorist, and fifteen minutes of media fame to oblivion.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Now we watch in utter amazement as one party will openly state they will knowingly and consciously align themselves with their avowed mortal adversary in order to defeat any 'outsider' threat to the cabal establishment which feeds, strokes their egos and cares for them. It is shameful beyond imagination "we" as a people will tolerate this. It is reprehensible beyond description!

I agree completely -- not just with this quote, but all of your OP. Our American values (for want of a better word), have been replaced with "conservative" values or "progressive" values or whatever the label of the day is. I first began to understand this in 2000, when the media insisted the people were "polarized." I didn't accept it then, and I don't accept it now. They keep giving us left-crap or right-crap -- or the crap-sandwich-combo -- and forcing folks to choose one or the other, so what are folks to do? I know... that's the million dollar question.

I have likened our current situation to a real-life version of Ghostbusters, wherein we are forced to choose the method of our demise... which tyrant shall we vote for to complete the ruination of our once great nation and people???

I'm not voting for any of them. I refuse to do so. I will write in a dead man first.

But I hope it doesn't come to that. People are ready to go rogue -- Trump and Sanders have proven that. Their numbers are an overwheming show of force from we the people. I've never seen a greater opportunity for the people to upset their apple cart. And neither have they, which is why they're running scared. We the people really do have all the power, and the momentum, if we use it wisely and for the greatest good. But if they can keep us divided and fighting and hating and blaming each other, it will all be for naught... that is our challenge. I really hope we're up for the battle. Because we will get what we deserve.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As Jefferson said,

""I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

I would say we are well past that point where it is questionable that
the government is wasting the labors of the people, the only question
now is can we ever get out from under it.

Timely, very relevant and well stated OP.

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Flyingclaydisk,

I agree with premise of the OP completely. The political machinery is being exposed to the light and they aren't even close to hiding their disdain and hatred of the people. Self-interest, corporate sponsored interests, greed and out and out disdain for the populace they are elected to represent are on full display.

This isn't about any of the candidates, whether they are qualified or not. It's about the disaffection of the voting populace and their anger and resentment boiling over. My worry is that the downside to this kind of spiral has historical implications and in some prior incarnations in different epochs can tend to produce more dangerous tyrants. Often the animus of the people, because of the diffused nature of mass psychology over shoots the mark creating political vacuums that allow "really bad actors" to step in and manipulate the circumstances with much more dangerous and destructive consequences. The French never have truly recovered from their "Revolution", and we are all familiar with the Russian, German and Japanese experiments and the fallout and consequences that have left their peoples' scarred, with the rest of the world suffering too. There are other examples everywhere to study. I just would hate to see us spiral into the same abyss.

Flag for you my Friend!

edit on 3-3-2016 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It is WAR!

Don't get your hopes up. Look at what happened to Bernie. Let's even go back to Ron Paul or Perot. People got behind them, loved their ideas, but when it came time to actually do something.........."Sorry, busy, ain't got time to vote" and there went true "Change".
People in this country are just too damn....well, let's face it...stupid and complacent to get off their collective asses and fight to change anything. If it doesn't almost literally hit them in the face, it's someone else's job to change what they don't like. They keep electing the same people who screw them over.....and then wonder why their ass is sore. I have given up on seeing real change in my lifetime. Far, far too many that are happy to sit, drink beer, watch sports or keep track of the latest fad on Twitter to care about what's happening to us as a nation. Millions protest a flag, but when corruption on a national level is revealed to them......crickets. They rise up and howl if someone dared utter a word they found hurtful, but saving our nation? .........................................hear that? Yeah, me neither.
The game is rigged and I'm outta chips.

It's true though, many just don't show to vote. Though we had a massive turnout at the Ron Paul rallies locally(yes, some showed out of curiosity), the voting appearance was much smaller. At least we won the county. However, the state wise was much different taking into context the hold the GOP had on the voting here and elsewhere not even to mention the caucus had already picked the winner.

So for those supporting a non main contender better do your part, better vote, it's better than nothing, even if there's a hold on delegates gotta start somewhere with a solution.

The other part would be you have to start at the bottom up a new president to your fitting won't change the underlying corruption that persists throughout.
edit on 3-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

""I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

It's a shame that falls on so many deaf ears.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Most people are far closer politically than the media would have you believe. They are however very polarized because people pick teams and root for them. Parties don't represent most peoples viewpoints when you can get them to sit down and articulate their views without the help of any media to guide them.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

"We admit it, we are corrupt to the core and supremely loyal to our power-elite puppet masters above all others. Elect us, so we can preserve and continue our lifestyle of excess and waste...at your expense. Elect us, in order to maintain the establishment and the status-quo which does absolutely nothing to serve you, but this is irrelevant, worry not. Pay no mind to our collective cabal which serves our sick and twisted interests, and only OUR sick and twisted interests, look there...an outsider, elect us, in order that we may slay them! Elect us, the damage the outsider could bring to our club of evil is unthinkable...Elect us".

I read the above with the voice of Bill Hicks going through my mind.

I completely agree, but don't you go thinking it is only the USA, no no no! It is international.

edit on 4-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: extraneous bloody commas

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Bernie had zero chance among anyone who is gainfully employed, though. Who in the hell elects someone who openly admits that their policies are going to cost the voters large amounts of money?

As to the OP, Jefferson said "The Tree of Liberty must frequently be fertilized with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Somewhere along the line, the average American got complacent and allowed the tree to starve to death while our tyrants bled not and our patriots shed their blood on foreign soil, fertilizing foreign trees.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Amen.

I like the last part. Its about time we own our mess. It is OUR fault. They are not gods. Any power they have, we give.

We are not a people capable of maintaining a democracy, so we do not deserve one.

A democracy would not be born to us, why would one we inherited be kept safe?

Things must fail and fail miserably before we learn how badly we are deficient. Sad but true.

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My dad doesn't really like Hillary, but thinks she has the best chance to beat the Republicans, and that comes before all else.

top topics

join