It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City Legislators Ask To Ban Donald Trump From Their Country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Krazysh0t
well, I'm hardly an expert in global economics...but I was led to believe that US firmly wants to stay No1 economic or military wise. In that regard it views China not so much as a military threat...but an economic one. I think you know what would happen if that ceases to be so. Would $ remain the world reserve currency ? would oil still be traded in $ ?

Yes, it would likely still be traded in US dollars. Oil is already traded in other currencies, the Chinese Yuan being one of them. None of those other countries are number one economically.

I could give two #s about our military might. I'm all for slashing over half of our military budget.

As I said...I'm not an economics expert...but these things seem to be self evident. Also..isnt China somewhat buddy buddy with Russia ?

Not any more than they are buddy buddy with us. This was a point of contention a while back when Russia wanted to challenge us over one of their goofy ideas hoping that China would back them up and China was like, "i don't want anything to do with this mess."

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes, it would likely still be traded in US dollars. Oil is already traded in other currencies.

And if OPEC turns to other currencies ?

I could give two #s about our military might. I'm all for slashing over half of our military budget.

that's a bit shortsighted of you. Your country's economy heavily depends on your military might.

Not any more than they are buddy buddy with us. This was a point of contention a while back when Russia wanted to challenge us over one of their goofy ideas hoping that China would back them up and China was like, "i don't want anything to do with this mess."

China is smart. They dont want to step on US toes. They have a mutually beneficiary relationship. But dont fool yourself into thinking you are alies.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
And if OPEC turns to other currencies ?

Such is life.

that's a bit shortsighted of you. Your country's economy heavily depends on your military might.

Two things need to be drastically cut in our country. Police spending and military spending.

China is smart. They dont want to step on US toes. They have a mutually beneficiary relationship. But dont fool yourself into thinking you are alies.

I'm not. Let them do them and they'll let us do us. Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At least with Clinton you know what you are getting. The Donald's only consistency is that he'll say what you want to hear and be an asshole about everything. It certainly isn't conservative values though.

You just described hillary to the Tee and applied it to trump.
Watch her do exactly that in this compilation.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 03 Mar 2016 14:18:20 -06001620163America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You may want to retract your statement a bit there. Hillary never claimed to be a conservative, plus she's not an asshole to everyone who talks to her. I certainly don't like her and she does say things that people want to hear, but your hyperbole is giving away your partisan bias.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Two things need to be drastically cut in our country. Police spending and military spending.

Hey...I completely agree with you on this one. But we have made full circle right back to my first post on this thread...you are a minority.

No US presidential candidate will ever dream of cutting military budget. They may talk the talk while they need your vote...but they do not walk the walk when it's time to deliver.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You can see her do exactly the things that you just accused trump of while claiming hillary doesnt do those things in this video. You dont even need to watch the entire video/ She does what she does in the first minute al the way to the end and that is change her claims and support to whatever the public wants to hear from year to year to year.

No hyperbole. The recordings of her doing that are real. They even confront her on it a few times in the vid "it seems like your just changing what you are saying to whatever people want to hear" *paraphrased.

No clue why you brought up the conservative thing while avoiding this, i clearly never said that.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 03 Mar 2016 14:28:45 -06001620163America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yea. You are right. I really have no argument against that, and it is truly depressing to me. Even the Trumpet wants to expand our military presence (because of course he does, how else could he be so demeaning and arrogant to others?)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yea, you didn't get what I was saying at all. Plus I even admitted she says things people want to hear.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"What we're saying is that if he wants to build a wall so that Mexicans can't enter his country, then he is not welcome in our country,"

I love the irony of this!!! This Mexican want to make a law to keep Trump out Mexico, and probably expects that the Mexico police/military enforces that law. Yet he has no problem with millions of his Countrymen, not following American immigration law and coming to this country illegally.

Thanks for posting this joke, all of this hypocrisy made me LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

actually Mexico could teach us about illegal immigration. They have a far bigger problem than us since the entirety of south america and many of the Caribbeans illegals who go to the US pass through mexico. Hence a functioning border control. If it werent for THEIR security forces M13 and other criminal organizations along with millions of persons turned back at the Mexican border would find their way into the US.

Also, just so you know, OUR border security is BS since for the right price you can literally fly in with fake papers that THEY supply. I know, I was offered such for my wife by a corn fed white guy who works as a border and customs officer.

Its Americans in uniform that turn a far greater profit from drug running and illegal immigration.

But you dont need to know that. Simple world for simple people.

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: DutchMasterChief

You think so? Fair enough. Let's explore that possibility. So outline for me a logical reason to vote for Donald Trump, going over his policies and why they would improve the conditions in this country for everyone and not just a select race of people.

Please go into logical detail about how x policy from Trump will lead to y beneficial results for everyone.

OK that is super easy though.

1 build wall, deport every illegal in the country, if we deport you and find you back in this country 5 years at hard labor, then we deport you again, and I bet you don't come back.

This will raise wages across the board, because Americans won't have to compete with illegals that undercut them and drive down wages.

2. Get rid of every single free trade agreement we have that doesn't place America on level ground with its other partners.

This will bring back millions of jobs, because import tariffs will make foreign goods too expensive to buy, thus stimulation of American made goods.

Easy peasy lemon squeesy!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You may want to retract your statement a bit there. Hillary never claimed to be a conservative,Plus she's not an asshole to everyone who talks to her. I certainly don't like her and she does say things that people want to hear, but your hyperbole is giving away your partisan bias.

nypost.com...

No she's an asshole, just more duplicitous about it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
OK that is super easy though.

1 build wall, deport every illegal in the country, if we deport you and find you back in this country 5 years at hard labor, then we deport you again, and I bet you don't come back.

I don't remember Trump saying the second part of that phrase. Are you sure you just didn't add your own personal preference on how they should be handled onto Trump's proposal? Though considering the type of labor these people perform, I'm not sure that hard labor would be much of a deterrent for them...

This will raise wages across the board, because Americans won't have to compete with illegals that undercut them and drive down wages.

It will also destroy our agricultural industry. Just ask Alabama.

2. Get rid of every single free trade agreement we have that doesn't place America on level ground with its other partners.

Are you aware that NAFTA destroyed the Mexican economy FAR worse than it damaged our economy? NAFTA may not be the greatest bill for Americans, but it is DEFINITELY lop-sided in our favor.
After 20 Years, NAFTA Leaves Mexico’s Economy in Ruins

This will bring back millions of jobs, because import tariffs will make foreign goods too expensive to buy, thus stimulation of American made goods.

Easy peasy lemon squeesy!

Simple logic doesn't work that way in the real world. The real world is much more complicated.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Unfortunatly.... we will have to destroy the industries for Immigration to be truly reformed and enforced. The article didn tmak eme feel anything like they wanted me to feel which was sympathy,and poor me poor me im a law breaker and its unfair I cant break the law.

How is i t un constitutional to enforce the law? Effectively the illegals,the church and th e federal government ar e in cahoots. And Since they ar enot citizens they should not be allowwed to use th e US courts system that was designed for american citizens in mind. Take i t to th e proper channel at th e UN.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If Mexicans don't want Trump in their country, maybe they could build a wall ...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What about every other country that doesnt want him? Do you want a list? Lol

Isolationism. Why dont you guys just worry about keeping your flag poles shiny. The big boys will worry about the rest of the world for you.

I am sure the smart people will figure this out for you. Just wait in case we need soldiers and keep paying your taxes. Its ok if you are too old for service. Thats why you have kids they let you have in the first place. Breed more. Our loses will be great against the world but we are not worried.

If not a wall then an army. They will figure it out. Just do your part and be ready to fight.

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That sucks. I guess he will have to oversee the construction of the wall from one side. 😃

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We're pissed at Mexico. The Mexican government doesn't take care of it's citizens and expects us to be a steam valve to blow off tension. If all the illegals ever get shipped back home where they belong then minimum wage would jump.

The feeling is mutual.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

What about every other country that doesnt want him? Do you want a list? Lol

Maybe when the election is over, he can hang out with Piers Morgan

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join