It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Flee to Canada to Avoid Service in Iraq

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
It just shows the disgusting division of beliefs on how the government should be run in the USA.

Yes it does.

Some of us believe in freedom and non-interference in others affairs, and others are Democrats and Republicans

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
btw my post was edited before you posted.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I know I just didn't notice.

I wasn't telling you to edit it but just pointing out the fact that while I support my troops I think the inmates are running the Asylum and the fact that 51% (of those who vote) disagree doesn't matter to me. Our country is selling out to the two-party con job that is the horse and pony show to distract you from the fact that they are passing laws that limit our freedom every day. This doesnt even bring into account taxing us to death and paying compinies to move overseas. I could go on and on but the short story is. "No I dont support them"

I am a Patriot in the true sense of the term. I love my country but hate its enimies and some of them are in office

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I'm an American citizen living and working in Toronto for a grand total 6 months this year on contract, and i gotta say.

I love this place! (Toronto)

The night life here kicks arse here, entertainment is above par, full of festivals, cultural diversity, people are friendly. I can see why Jeremy is fighting to achieve refugee status in Canada, he's living in the Toronto area! Btw, search this topic and you will discover it has been discussed before.

Peace

Glad you decided to join us in The Meeting Place (Toronto's Indian name). We luv it and are happy to share with our friends! Have a blast!

[edit on 13/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

It just shows the disgusting division of beliefs on how the government should be run in the USA.

Yes it does.

Some of us believe in freedom and non-interference in others affairs, and others are Democrats and Republicans

Now that, we agree on completely!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
To tell you the truth, I had no idea America was so stupid, until we attacked Iraq. I was amazed with how many ignorant people I ran into, after that, that actually said things like, "Saddam attacked us."
It's been one lie after another, every since. And most people just seem to eat the lies up as they come.

You are so right, buddy. And this segment of the American voters played right into BushCo's hands.

So very sad. But I know, through my time spent in the U.S. and here on ATS, that thankfully there are Americans who are well travelled, well read, well informed, open minded and brave enough to speak their minds.

More power to the 49% of you who made an informed decision and took a stand!
The rest...well, all I can do is shake my head.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

More power to the 49% of you who made an informed decision and took a stand!
The rest...well, all I can do is shake my head.

How?

By voting for Kerry, who made it a point to say he would have done the same thing?

There is no difference between the Big Two.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well lads and gents I said what i needed to. I can't take these endless arguments. I feel its in my best interest to stay out of these politically motived threads. One word of advise, every thing is not as it seems, keep your mind open to others opinions than just yours. The future shall tell you the truth...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Amuk-

As far as I understand Kerry supported his President when he said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Kerry, like the rest of the world found out your President and his buds lied to you all. Remember, originally it wasn't even about regime change, it was just about finding those non-existent WMD.

Also known as weapons of mass deception

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As far as I understand Kerry supported his President when he said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Kerry, like the rest of the world found out your President and his buds lied to you all. Remember, originally it wasn't even about regime change, it was just about finding those non-existent WMD.

But that doesn't make Kerry better, or a potentially better president.
Both Bush and Kerry

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Common Canada, please post your true feeling s about your socialized medicine program. Common. Lets hear it, and tell the truth because I already know. I want the others to hear it.

You know what they say...a troubled system is better than none at all. Try saying something vaguely intelligent, will you.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
But that doesn't make Kerry better, or a potentially better president.
Both Bush and Kerry

Agreed. But I didn't say that he would be better, but at least he wouldn't be the one who started this mess. And he was the only other one who stood a chance of winning.

"You know what they say - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Seekerof:

Arent they the same thing? Deserters and criminals?

But the real irony here is: Mexicans and Canadians all seem to come to the US. So its like an exchange program!! We send our criminals and deserters and they send us our laborers and hockey players.

LMAO
Good one!! LOL
Well, choses we make. LOL
I love this remark. LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I know I just didn't notice.

I wasn't telling you to edit it but just pointing out the fact that while I support my troops I think the inmates are running the Asylum and the fact that 51% (of those who vote) disagree doesn't matter to me. Our country is selling out to the two-party con job that is the horse and pony show to distract you from the fact that they are passing laws that limit our freedom every day. This doesnt even bring into account taxing us to death and paying compinies to move overseas. I could go on and on but the short story is. "No I dont support them"

I am a Patriot in the true sense of the term. I love my country but hate its enimies and some of them are in office

AMEN!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I don't know if I'd call it disgusting, but it sure is depressing.

Yes it does.

So the libertarians are the only ones that believe in freedom and non-interference in the affairs of others?

Gee, thanks for that bit of enlightenment.:shk:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
That's only because it's warmer, probably. It's the same reason I might move to Florida.

Laughing...You know, the Turks & Caicos islands have wanted to join or have an affiliation with Canada for years. If that ever happens...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So the libertarians are the only ones that believe in freedom and non-interference in the affairs of others?

I didn't say that.

If the Republicans and Democrats want want freedom and Non-interference than why are neither party voting for it? Why do we have soldiers in DOZENS of Foreign Countries?

Which party has shrank government and got our troops home? Which Party has LEASENED the role of Federal Government in our lives?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Amuk-

Kerry, like the rest of the world found out your President and his buds lied to you all.

I don't deny he did lie to us. I am not a Bush supporter but Kerry himself said knowing what he did he would have DONE THE SAME THING.

I voted for the guy that said he wouldn't have

I would be real happy to debate any of this on another thread but this one is drifting way off course for which I am as much at fault as any, lets try to get back to the Deserters and we can start another thread for the other subjects (send me a link and I will be there)

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
total crime of course when our population is 10 times larger but crime rates here are slightly lower and keeps going down, infact the areas who have always had stricter gun control have higher murder and crime rates than areas without controls, the midwest and south east have much lower crime rates than much of canada.

Pardon me? Where are you getting your information?

Total murders in Canada 2003 548
Total murders in USA 2003 16,500

With 10 times the population the murder rate in the US is still much, much higher than in Canada. Not even capital punishment is a deterrent in the States it seems.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
For me who sworn an oath to defend, it was for my family and others who seek a better way of life. To desert was not my thought, ever. When you give your word, you become a man, through it all with those choses you make before God himself. The fighting men and women are not out to kill innocent people, nor ignorances of war scares mentally and physically. Those who chose to run to the boarders remind me of those who wanted a free college education but lied when they took the oath to defend. This is morally wrong, if you do not believe in the military that must go to war at times, stay out of the military. This kind of moral makes me wonder what do they truely believe in at all. I am what I am, an American Veteran who served as those before me. For some will never understand what I stand for, they will mock me in the presence of the Lord, tell me their are no angles, burn the flag of America, and those people will teach their children fear of me and how I am a war mongor. At least I stand for something I will carry to my grave with honor, my truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join