It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I Was Correct About What The French Would Do If We Exit The E.U.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: EvillerBob

No EU means the Human Rights Act can be slung out. Machine guns at the Chunnel, cow-catchers on the Eurostar, and Soylent Green for everyone!

Guessing from the (hopefully) jokey tone that you know this already but for those who don't the Human Rights Act is not connected to EU membership.

Though attempting to remove it while still in the EU could prove... problematical. Part of the whole sovereignty question. The HRA absolutely needs to go.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

and this affects the UK how ?

the number of migrants in france is not likley to change much

they still cannot cross the chanel

and france does not deport them

your delusion that the exact location IN FRANCE of migrants affects the UK is vexxing

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You can't seem to understand what i am saying. Let me put it in more simple terms.

Why are the French Authorities allowing illegal immigrants to wonder freely around France ? These immigrants do not want to claim asylum in France, they want to get to The U.K. They are for all intense and purpose foreign invader's into France. Yet The French are doing nothing about it.

They should be rounded up and sent to immigration centres to be processed. Yet they are not ?

So please answer the question. Why are The French doing nothing about it. The question is a simple one, even you may be able to understand it.
edit on 3-3-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Course it affects the UK the fact that thousands of migrants are camped right near the port. Did you not see the tunnel being closed down several times last Summer, did you not see the ferry being stormed a few weeks ago? Have you not seen the violence lorry drivers and holiday makers have to put up with? About 100 are caught every day coming through the tunnel and that is just tge ones who are caught. If they were camped 50 miles away from port and tunnel they wouldnt be able to get to the tunnel and ferries, lorries so easily, so of course it affects us!!a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Congratulations on your prediction...was it actually a prediction though? Is it a prediction if it is a result of common knowledge and common sense?

It seems to me that the French were simply bringing to light one small aspect of the consequences of leaving the EU. We will have to take care of our own borders, their remit will end at the boundary of the EU and that is it.

Perhaps they wanted people to be informed of the consequences, you know, just in case some people were not being informed by their governments and media.

They have no obligation to protect us if we choose to leave.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

No EU means the Human Rights Act can be slung out. Machine guns at the Chunnel, cow-catchers on the Eurostar, and Soylent Green for everyone!

Guessing from the (hopefully) jokey tone that you know this already but for those who don't the Human Rights Act is not connected to EU membership.

Though attempting to remove it while still in the EU could prove... problematical. Part of the whole sovereignty question. The HRA absolutely needs to go.

As a genuine question why? Which human right is it you don't agree with?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Bluesma

if the UK pulls out of the EU, should the countries of the EU hold themselves responsible for the UK's border control?

Why, in your opinion, should they

The immigrants have set up a " Departure Lounge To The U.K. " at Calais.

Instead of sorting this out and dispersing these immigrants to immigration control centre's for assessment, thousands are being allowed to congregate together without any control.

They are roaming freely on French soil and no one gives a damn what they are doing. The French are quite happy for them to take their chance of reaching The U.K.

What the heck is going on ?

How old are you?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Never mind my age.

Just answer the question. If you can.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Never mind my age.

I have already. It seems you are not reading any of the responses you are getting.
I wondered if perhaps there might be a justified explanation, like youth.
Whatever. It doesn't matter. I'll not be wasting my time further with this clown car.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Never mind my age.

I have already. It seems you are not reading any of the responses you are getting.
I wondered if perhaps there might be a justified explanation, like youth.
Whatever. It doesn't matter. I'll not be wasting my time further with this clown car.

I see what i asked you is to embarrassing for you to answer. I can understand your pain.

The French have lost complete control of the immigration situation.

edit on 3-3-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Maybe just maybe if The French put much tighter controls on their southern and eastern borders, there would be no build of illegal migrants at the Channel Ports. Just stop them getting into France in the first place.

Otherwise just round them all up and INSIST they claim asylum in France or send them back to wench they came from.

Common sense is a free commodity.

They signed the Shenanigans treaty. France has about 25+ different motorways going to all sorts of countries like Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany with millions of vehicles crossing each day. Then there are hundreds of backlane country roads between all these countries. It's just not physically possible to have roadblocks on all these roads.

Even if they did, smugglers would just use hot air-balloons. Maybe they do - I've seen hot air balloons travel across the sky at night.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: ignorant_ape

You can't seem to understand what i am saying. Let me put it in more simple terms.

Why are the French Authorities allowing illegal immigrants to wonder freely around France ? These immigrants do not want to claim asylum in France, they want to get to The U.K. They are for all intense and purpose foreign invader's into France. Yet The French are doing nothing about it.

They should be rounded up and sent to immigration centres to be processed. Yet they are not ?

So please answer the question. Why are The French doing nothing about it. The question is a simple one, even you may be able to understand it.

If the French were to take these people into residential care, France would be legally bound to provide them with food, heating, medical treatment, clean clothes, bedding. Just to put a single person in prison costs around £45K/year. Multiply that by 10,000, and that's the budget for a provincial government for the year. And the migrants would not want to be detained. They would want the right to move in and out when they liked.
That £45K is more than most pensioners get, let alone most workers earn. It's not going down well for millions that they are working their butts off just to avoid getting into debt, while freeloaders are wanting free housing and benefits.

edit on 3-3-2016 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

If the French were to take these people into residential care, France would be legally bound to provide them with food, heating, medical treatment, clean clothes, bedding

So what you are saying, is let them move on to The U.K. for us to pick up the bill ?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If we are not part of the EU, and assuming no separate agreement exists, why would you expect France to do anything more than than the barest minimum to deal with people who are only traveling through France?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

deal with people who are only traveling through France?

Some of those immigrants have been in France for years.
That is one heck of a travel time.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

deal with people who are only traveling through France?

Some of those immigrants have been in France for years.
That is one heck of a travel time.

www.mirror.co.uk...

As per your own link they are stuck in France as they are not allowed into the UK. The question still stands then, why should France deal with people who are just traveling through if we are not part of the EU?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Be careful in wishing away ECHR without demanding a suitable substitute, the articles enshrined within it protect us to a huge extent, especially from our own government.

The media loves to show the extreme examples of where it's applied in a stupid way that runs counter to our perceived interests and sovereignty but the majority of cases where it's applied correctly never get recognised. To hear the public view human rights as almost something dirty because of an engineered perception and isolated sensationalised cases is quite frightening to me because in part they're potentially calling for their own enslavement without understanding the ramifications.

Have a read of it, it's not a particularly long document. It's important to be able to see what the government could get away with when it's scrapped.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

why should France deal with people who are just traveling through if we are not part of the EU?

Traveling through to were ?

Do these immigrants have:-

a) U.K. visa's ?

b) Jobs In The U.K.?

3) Addresses in The U.K. ?

You make it sound like these immigrants are either tourists to the U.K. or legitimate workers with a work permit for The U.K.

They are Illegal Immigrants.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: Discotech

We sure know how to pick our Allies, funny how when things don't go their way they resort to trying to hold us hostage.

What a joke!

"If things don't go our way, watch out, we'll pull out!"
isn't doing exactly that..?????

Yeah, the hostage has taken a hostage.

If the vote is to pull out of the EU, trust me on this, the Rest of Europe wont be trying too hard to stop migration into the UK.

Hell, they might even facilitate it. If i was Border control in France, Germany, Holland, Sweden, etc etc, i might just be looking the other way when the migrants give it a go.

That's fine. They'd still have to cross the giant moat, and could you live with yourself looking the other way when they try to make the crossing in the cold? I'd say in that situation France has a responsibility to prevent them from crossing for their own safety, or risk looking heartless.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015
Exactly. The criticism of humans rights seems based on individual cases (often inaccurately reported in the media) rather than what the convention actually says.
It seems akin to reading about a miscarriage of justice and then deciding that we shouldn't have any laws.
The ECHR provides some fundamental protections that we would be extremely unwise to take for granted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join