It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I Was Correct About What The French Would Do If We Exit The E.U.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grumpy64
a reply to: alldaylong
That might be silly on the part of the French. Can you imagine the number of immigrants the British might send back to Europe if things go a bit pear shaped ? There could be a lot more heading to Europe than the other way around.

And what happens if the migrants dont want to leave and the country of origin refuses to accept them. Do we just pen them up at our expense.

No EU means the Human Rights Act can be slung out. Machine guns at the Chunnel, cow-catchers on the Eurostar, and Soylent Green for everyone!

Guessing from the (hopefully) jokey tone that you know this already but for those who don't the Human Rights Act is not connected to EU membership.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think people do know that! The European Court however wont be able to overrule us should we leave. It is the European Court that uses the Human Rights Act agsinst us at almost every appeal.a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I think people do know that! The European Court however wont be able to overrule us should we leave. It is the European Court that uses the Human Rights Act agsinst us at almost every appeal.a reply to: ScepticScot

The Human rights act is there for a reason. The sole reason TPTB within the UK want out of Europe is to do away with your rights, not just human rights but most importantly Workers rights.

Hey, if you are happy to be left defenceless to the right wing nutballs then vote out.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

The relavent court is the European Court of Human Rights which is separate from the EU.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We live in a democracy. What makes you think Tories are going to get voted in again? I certainly wont be voting them in, will you? I've always voted Labour but as they werent offering a referendum I protested and voted UKIP. Believe me, I would never vote Tories. My Brother-in-Law would never have spoken to me again, he is a solicitor and works for the Trade Unions. Which then brings me to theoint about Workers Rights. A lot of Workers Rights were bought about by Trade Unions a long time before we became joined at the hip with the EU. A lot of rights today were fought for OR were bought about by Labour ie minimum wage.

If we left EU Trade Union membership would probably grow again and there would be strikes and protests if those rights were ever evrn attempted to be taken. Anyone would think we didnt exist before the EU. My Great Aunties would be turning in their graves at the way Brits have lost their balls. My aunties fought for Womens Rights and for some of the Workers Rights we have today. We as a Country need to get our self belief and confidence back and a lot of umph! We are so deflated and such sheep we barely protest any more. Such as Cameron saying today we are not allowed to see immigration figures from national insurance numners, there was a time when we would have been out in thousands protesting, instead we just feel powerless. I want to leave. I want us to make ourselves proud again.a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

if the UK pulls out of the EU, should the countries of the EU hold themselves responsible for the UK's border control?

Why, in your opinion, should they

The immigrants have set up a " Departure Lounge To The U.K. " at Calais.

Instead of sorting this out and dispersing these immigrants to immigration control centre's for assessment, thousands are being allowed to congregate together without any control.

They are roaming freely on French soil and no one gives a damn what they are doing. The French are quite happy for them to take their chance of reaching The U.K.

What the heck is going on ?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
people posting in this thread are literally a shower of idiots...

Right, its neither a threat nor an injustice...

its stating basic fact... if the UK leaves the EU its border controls will be in its own country and not in the EU's state.. why would anyone who wants to leave the EU expect this to be any different, the french pointing it out is just simply stating what should be fact and more importantly anyone who had not thought about this has clearly no real idea of the impact of leaving the EU.. they clearly have bought into the media tory garbage and i almost hope it happens so i can watch the morons trying to find something else to blame their problems on!

i despair... stop voting tory, stop reading the red tops, just stop...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister

GonzoSinister,

Your post is pure gold, and you have nailed it to the wall in every particular within it. Your sage advice in closing, was spot on as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We can always just close the Channel Tunnel and cut off the Migrants that way. Just stay with using ships for gargo until the French deport those 'illegals' back to the Country they came. It's France's problem for not sorting it out in the first place.

BTW I would be more than happy if it were 10,000 scantily clad women wanting to get in but as it's most Men of 'islamic' Faith, we have enough already.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Do you mean a lot have bought into the Remain part of the Tory party with their fearmongering of how the UK cant possibly survive outside of the EU? Or, do you mean the other half of the Tory party who believe we can survive and thrive outside of the EU?

I am not a Tory voter and never have been but actually I think the real idiots at this time are the Labour Party. They are supposed to be the opposition party and yet there is hardly anyone really speaking up from the party with their views (except for Alan Johnson). Even more idiotic is the fact that Corbyn abhors the EU and yet is leading the party to Remain when in actual factsome of the Trade Unions dont back this stance.

Then we have SNP who hate the English and want independence from the UK but desperately want to be ruled by the EU.

All in all there are many idiots but it depends on what side of the fence one is sitting on.

As far as the French trying to bribe the UK to stay because of moving border back here. I dont blame them and it doesnt bother me. Lets face it they could do that even if we remained at any time and probably will next year. The Agreement has nothing to do with us being part of EU its just a scare tactic and the people who will be the idiots are the ones who buy into the fearmongering not realising it could happen anyway regardless.

edit on 3-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

if the UK pulls out of the EU, should the countries of the EU hold themselves responsible for the UK's border control?

Why, in your opinion, should they

The immigrants have set up a " Departure Lounge To The U.K. " at Calais.

Instead of sorting this out and dispersing these immigrants to immigration control centre's for assessment, thousands are being allowed to congregate together without any control.

They are roaming freely on French soil and no one gives a damn what they are doing. The French are quite happy for them to take their chance of reaching The U.K.

What the heck is going on ?

Where have you been?

You don't know what is going on there right now?
They are tearing up the jungle- there are violent clashes going on, and this has been going on for about a week.

The biggest problem is that there are so many, we don't know what to do with them. Any centres where they would be habitually processed are over filled. The same is true for Greece and Italy (which is where most of these people came here through).

We're doing the best we can for the moment...

I ask again, why do you think France should take over the UK border patrol and immigration if it exits the EU?

You put the subject up here, you could at least explain your position.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thank you! My god it seems perfectly evident! What the heck is so hard to understand about this, for some people???

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister
.. they clearly have bought into the media tory garbage and i almost hope it happens so i can watch the morons trying to find something else to blame their problems on!

i despair... stop voting tory, stop reading the red tops, just stop...

I just realised you are from Scotland and I do understand your sentiment in fact if you swapped the words "tory" for "SNP" above I felt exactly the same last year when Scotland had their referendum!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
At the moment, the law states that any truck driver who is found to have illegal immigrants in his truck will be fined £5000.

Why not extend that to the ferry companies, Tunnel operators and Airlines?

They make damned sure no one can get on without a ticket. They can make sure no one travels here without permission.

^^^THIS^^^

The ferry and train operators have the ultimate responsibility for who they carry.
I say do it France, it is a toothless threat. Massive financial penalties on the companies for every illegal passenger they carry will sort it out quickly, and as SprocketUK said in a later post, removal of operator license if X number of illegal immigrants continue to be found on ships and trains.

It isn't a problem at all, just an increase of boarding security until the ferry or train leaves port.
Ever got onto a plane without a passport anyone? No of course not, and anyone who thinks such a principle cannot be directly transferred to ferries and trains must lack reasoning skills or is just a scaremongering 'remain' voter.

Oh and just a reminder that the £8 Billion the UK pays (net) to the EU each year can increase employement in the border force providing work for lots of people to screen the passengers, easily.

French threat?! Pfft, do it, we can still keep them off the ferries and trains, or they won't be entering the UK.
Trains and ferries stuck in France will damage the French economically as much as it would us.
Never gonna happen...usual scaremongering....yawn.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

They are tearing up the jungle- there are violent clashes going on, and this has been going on for about a wee

The French must think The British are idiots.

The " Jungle " has been in existence since 2009. Now, just a few short months before The U.K. has a vote on staying in or exiting The E.U. The French decided to act on dismantling the " Jungle "

Fools we are not.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

please tell me what this [ the dismantling of the jungle camp ] has to do with the UK ?

HINT : all they are doing is re-distributing the problem around FRANCE - it wont get a single migrant across the chanel
edit on 3-3-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

they can threaten - but it would be advisable to read it [ Le Touquet agreement ]

most is quite boring legalese

but a key point is - its an treaty between great britain and the republic of france

i will let that sink in

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

please tell me what this [ the dismantling of the jungle camp ] has to do with the UK ?

The " Jungle " has been an issue within The U.K. for years. It's just a holding camp set up for illegals to try get into The U.K. You know it and i know it.

What has it's dismantling have to do with The U.K. you ask?

This could have been dismantled years ago, but it never has been. Now, when The U.K. is about to vote either to stay in or exit The E.U. the camp is miraculously dismantled. This is The French saying " Look we are doing something about the immigrants. Please don't leave The E.U. we are sorting the immigration problem "

Well that's fine for now, but if we vote to stay in The E.U. you can be certain that " The Jungle " will be re established a short time after the vote. It's a cynical ply to try and sway Britain to staying in The E.U.

So there is the answer to your question.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

you didnt read my post did you ?

recap - they have spread the jungle inhabitants around the pas d` calais

this does not get a single migrant across the chanel

so - relevance to UK ?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

recap - they have spread the jungle inhabitants around the pas d` calais

So what ?

They all came together in one area before ( The Jungle ).

There is nothing stopping them from all coming back together again and building a new " Jungle ". Is there ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join