It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Man's Sky' Available for preorder tomorrow! (PS4)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Gamepur.com

A listing on PlayStation Blog (appeared earlier today, now removed) listed No Man's Sky's pre-order date for the digital version as March 3, 2016 and the price tag put up was $60. It seems like someone at Sony jumped the ship early and leaked the announcement. PS Blog is not the only place where No Man's Sky digital version went live for pre-order, retailer AMAZON also listed it.

Man, I can't wait for this. It's slotted to be released sometime in June. I know there's going to be a ton of people playing this game, and many are already complaining about the chances of running into someone else are so low, it somehow won't be as fun. I think it's awesome. The fact that the universe is going to be so unbelievably massive will make whatever rare encounter you have with another player all that more spectacular.

I'm sure they'll be away to somehow locate a friend in the universe, it just might take a few weeks, months, decades worth of playing to finally reach one another.

The Universe of 'No Man's SKy' :

‘No Man’s Sky’ Will Take 5 Billion Years To Fully Explore

As IGN pointed out, the Earth’s sun is due to burn out in 4.6 billion years, so even if you happen to be immortal, there doesn’t seem to be enough time left on our planet to reach every destination this game has to offer. Sorry, completionists, but we’re sure there will be other trophies to unlock.

No Man’s Sky game promises universe of 18 quintillion planets

Due for release in June 2016, No Man’s Sky is the most hotly anticipated video game for years. Developed by Hello Games in Guildford, UK, its promise is dizzying: a virtual universe of 18 billion billion planets, each one unique, each waiting to be explored. No Man’s Sky will be an almost boundless playground. Hello Games has harnessed the power of procedural generation, using computers to churn out variations of a world-building template. Seeded with human designs – space stations, mountain ranges, dinosaur-like animals, shrubs – algorithms then generate different versions. The result is a game filled with creations that can surprise even its developers. It will be so vast that most will never be seen.

Every point of light in this video is a star, with multiple individually unique planets orbiting that you can travel to, land your craft, exit and explore, fight, mine all on foot.

edit on 3-3-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

We will see if its available for pre order. I'm with you though, this game is a whole new level of video gaming.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

From the trailers I have seen, the concept and game play looks boring; add to that the size of the place and you're basically stuck in a void-like prison. What would you rather be stuck in: an infinite void, or one of the gta cities?

Honestly, the only thing I think is appealing about it is the mystery of what is at the center of the universe.

Playability/enjoyablity is going to be a huge issue with this game, I think.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

In many ways, we humans have very little left to explore. Personally, I mean. The very fact that a lot of the locations in this game have never been seen by another person before is a huge thing for me, and likely for others like me. For me, seeing the same sights as everyone else, and following the same storyline as everyone else is an interesting passtime, but nowhere near as engaging and exciting as exploring the galaxy... and maybe it helps to be a bit of an introvert who would rather explore on his own (maybe with a friend or two, occasionally) than be in a well-populated place.

I think the demographic that will get this will really get it. You may not see me again for 5 billion years.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ljsdfl;hsglkjkslk
o hh yeah

just saw this on gog

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

yeah man if your lookin at the trailers and gettin the impression that it's going to be boring, well it's definitely not for you. I love GTA and other games where you run around with your hair on fire and destroying everything in sight just much as anybody, but thankfully this isn't another one of those games, obviously. To each their own bro, but try somthin different, you might like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's going to be like a simulator game but with minecraft type elements to it. I mostly agree with what you said but I'm sure it will end up being quite popular.

Frankly, I'll be far too engrossed in dark souls 3 to even buy this for awhile probably.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
yep, it's offically up for preorder now on the PSN!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
yep, it's offically up for preorder now on the PSN!

Any preorder bonuses?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am so thankful that Hello Games did not release this game for early access. It's been a long time since a game has actually built up my expectations and excitement like No Man's Sky has. I really believe this game is going to be a very special thing.

edit on 3/3/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here we go...

IGN

PC version of No Man’s Sky will receive a collectible Explorer’s Edition limited to 10,000 copies... the Explorer’s Edition will include a code for a digital copy of the game, as well as a hand-painted 8-inch ship replica from the game as well as a pin and a “mystery item” to be revealed at launch. The set will be available for $149.99 exclusively from iam8bit.

PlayStation 4 fans can also look forward to a Special Edition, which, as listed by GameStop, includes a copy of the game as well as a steelbook case, 48-page artbook, exclusive comic book, dynamic PS4 theme, and "starter pack" including a ship boost, bonus resources, and an in-game weapon blueprint.

PS4 Special Edition (GameStop Exclusive) $79.99

No Man's Sky Limited Edition Includes:
SteelBook case including No Man's Sky PS4 game
Adventures in No Man's Sky Comic - Featuring two stories set in the No Man's Sky universe, with contributions from Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Star Trek: Titan writer James Swallow, and sci-fi illustrator Angus McKie
The Art of No Man's Sky - 48 page art book featuring a host of concept art
PS4 Dynamic Theme - Immerse yourself in the world of No Man's Sky with this unique PlayStation®4 system theme with beautiful abstract art inspired by the game's vast, mysterious universe.
Bonus In-game DLC:
PHOTONIX CORE - An advanced ship boost that will speed up your voyage as you travel through the stars.
TRADER CHARISMA - Receive a bonus set of valuable resources to gain an advantage in selling and trading.
BOLTCASTER SM - Secure access to a powerful weapon blueprint, perfect for defending against hostile lifeforms and Sentinels.

Get a head start with GameStop! Pre-Order No Man's Sky at GameStop and score bonus currency plus early access to the Rezosu Z65! Rezosu Z65 - On hostile planets, self-defense and powerful offense is important.

The Rezosu Z65 multi-tool comes with the plasma upgrade pre-installed, helping you to stay safe and mine resources faster as you explore the infinite unknown frontier. Starting boost - Your journey will be filled with danger but 10,000 units will give you a head start in your race to the center of the universe. Use your units to buy faster ships and better weapons, or purchase exotic resources.

Also get the Upgraded Alpha Vector Ship! Your ship is your transport to the stars. Begin your epic voyage with this Alpha Vector attack ship. It's upgraded with lasers for protection and a hyperdrive that allows you to jump to the nearest solar systems right from the very beginning... *While Supplies Last

ahhhrgg, I can't decide! I've got beast of a PC with a GTX 980, but think I'm gonna get it on PS4. I'm not sure if I want to go the gamestop route and fool with having to plug in a disc every time I want to play it. All that extra stuff for just $20 bucks more though. I'm just not sure if I want to have that bonus in game stuff to start out with, I'd rather play it as it's meant from the get go. Plus, I'd like to fire this up the night before release instead of having to wait on the mailman.

Official Release Date : June 21
Required HDD space : only 10gb.

Edit: I ended up just getting the digital standard edition for the reasons I mentioned above, but man that limited edition looks sweet. Plus it'd had totaled to over $100 with shipping... that and I really hate Gamestop.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I am sooooooo pissed! I have been looking forward to this game and to find out it is for PS4 on opening sucks.

Oh, well, wait it out a bit for PC...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Can pre-order on Steam! I am SO chuffed!
$60 (More like $80 Australian!) is a bit too steep for me to pre-order at the moment, but since release isn't til the end of June I'm sure I'll have enough saved away by then.

I can't wait!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm hyped for the game, more so to see how it works out. I'm waiting till it's released or I see more game play and the extent the game goes to. I've always loved procedural games, Minecraft was always fun with mods to create crazy landscapes, I always found myself wanting to explore and never settle down. That's why I look forward to this game.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I absolutely love the overall idea behind this game !

A sci-fi genre that's all about endless exploration, survival, crafting, resource collection, building up skills, sharing info, etc... and less about action/shooter combat.

Space, the final frontier... to explore and develop... instead of fighting and killing everything you cross paths with.

Love it !

Can't wait for the pc version.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am watching this game closely....

Played EVE Online for several years, two accounts, and this game looks like it has all the stuff that EVE was missing for me.

Constantly worrying about being ganked in EVE took all the fun out of the game for me.

Looks like in this game.... animals will be more likely to gank you than other players.

This appeals very much to me as I tend to gravitate towards solo games these days.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Delayed until August 10th

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Probably for the best.. Original release was during the estimated date of the Steam Summer Sales. And at least they now have some time for extra polishing!

top topics

join