It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to give anti-Trump speech.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

May as well change his name to Jefferson Davis right now then.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
Anyone who would be excited, or even care about what this tool has to say isn't voting for Trump anyway, I can't really blame him though. I'm sure he's just being a good little puppet for whatever the newest plan to "save" the GOP is

Maybe the GOP needs to crash and burn. See what kind of Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
He is 67 afterall and all that rich food, fine wine, and hot wife makes him a prime candidate for a stroke or heart attack, not to mention the stress of running a bid for the WH, Bound to take it's toll on a senior citizen....

He could bail at any time....."health reasons".....as could Clinton.

I know it seems off topic. This response was directed at onequestion....

His life is in danger!

edit on 3-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As I suspected, Romney alerting Trump of that he's going to get a verbal spanking today, was another "foot-in-mouth" moment. Trump pre-empted Romney's anti-trump speech, by discrediting him hard this morning.

www.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Anyone who would be excited, or even care about what this tool has to say isn't voting for Trump anyway, I can't really blame him though. I'm sure he's just being a good little puppet for whatever the newest plan to "save" the GOP is

Maybe the GOP needs to crash and burn. See what kind of Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

Do you honestly think that the GOP; owned and operated by the neocon military/industrial/corporate/banking/ oligarchy will..."crash and burn"?

I got news for you amigo....

In the off chance, he does get the nomination; ultimately he will be their bitch and do what ever they tell him to do. Just like Obama did.

political reality....this isn't Mayberry RFD!

The real power in America doesn't need the spotlight; with all the pomp and swagger like an adolescent boy that Trump displays.
edit on 3-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is sad

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Of the remaining candidates, the only serious policy proposals that deal with the broad range of national challenges we confront have come from Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and John Kasich. …

Donald Trump says he admires Vladimir Putin, while has called George W Bush a liar. That is a twisted example of evil trumping good. …

The president of the United States has long been the leader of the free world. The president and yes the nominees of the country's great parties help define America to billions of people. All of them bear the responsibility of being an example for our children and grandchildren. …

Trump relishes any poll that reflects what he thinks of himself. But polls are also saying that he will lose to Hillary Clinton. …

On Hillary Clinton's watch at the State Department, America's interests were diminished in every corner of the world. She compromised our national secrets, dissembled to the families of the slain, and jettisoned her most profound beliefs to gain presidential power. …

A person so untrustworthy and dishonest as Hillary Clinton must not become president. But a Trump nomination enables her victory. …

I understand the anger Americans feel today. In the past, our presidents have channeled that anger, and forged it into resolve, into endurance and high purpose and into the will to defeat the enemies of freedom. Our anger was transformed into energy directed for good. …

Here's what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat. …

His domestic policies would lead to recession. His foreign policies would make America and the world less safe. He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president. And his personal qualities would mean that America would cease to be a shining city on a hill.

www.politico.com...

It pulls no punches.
edit on 3/3/2016 by HoldMyBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That was unprecedented, I think, in American politics. Historical.

He made Trump out to be a combination of a Manchurian Candidate and a snake oil salesman.

Romney just went gloves off to subvert the will of GOP voters.
He just nuked the party.

He basically suggested to the GOP elite, via a public venue, to coalesce and do anything possible to defeat Trump.

And John McCain just gave a comment that he supports Romney's position.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
For context, from 2012:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This has infuriated me. The gall of Mitt Romney!! I have lost all respect for him after this.

This just shows me that there is a bunch of cronies and Washington elites, both R and D, worried to death about losing their influence and their honey pot! These movers and shakers have put in place, for decades, the you-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours, and they are terrified of losing it!

I hope Donald keeps his cool tonight and addresses this public insult with aplomb.
edit on 3-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This is sad

I can't believe ATS doesn't grasp the conspiracy of this. So many questions.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I mean the voters themselves. I happen to think we still matter. If the voters are rejecting the old guard that means they are ready for a change. Even if you think that votes don't matter. They do outline the temperament and thoughts of the people and it seems that the people are speaking loudly.
I'm just afraid that Trump is too far off the mark and that some naive voters will be duped by him.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Somewhere Chis Christie is #ting a giant brick and kissing his political aspirations goodbye. The only thing he could do is "disavow" Trump at this point, in a speech as dramatic as Romney's, and MAYBE be welcomed back into the fold.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would advise you guys to vote for one of the more conservative candidates and then lobby for the changes you want to see take place.

This loose cannon , this showman should not be allowed to steal any republicans right to correct representation. He can't handle the job. He's not going to be the leader you guys think.

Me. I'm in Hillary's court but still this is a colossal civics lesson.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I would advise you guys to vote for one of the more conservative candidates and then lobby for the changes you want to see take place.

This loose cannon , this showman should not be allowed to steal any republicans right to correct representation. He can't handle the job. He's not going to be the leader you guys think.

Me. I'm in Hillary's court but still this is a colossal civics lesson.

OMG! Somebody that would actually vote for a white-collar cartel crook is lecturing Common Sense Republicans?!

Sense when does anybody but The People get to decide who we will vote for. The campaign doesn't, the RNC doesn't, and Hillary supporters sure don't.

What Mitt did was seal the deal for Donald.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Ya know I truly believe he loves his state. I think he's been good for Jersey and I hold him no ill will but a vision of him and Trump as running mates brought thoughts of Stephen Kings Dead Zone and kind of made my blood run cold for a second.

I think Jersey has said buhbye already. Maybe he can apply for a spot with Snooky at the shore.
edit on 332016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's so odd that the guy who was so unliked by the GOP in 2012 could come out and give a speech to essentially nuke the GOP in 2016. Yeah...there's no motive there.... /sarcasm

My prediction. Trump cancels his debate appearance and declares himself the presumptive nominee.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe there is an ulterior motive to what Romney just did.

I have always liked Mitt Romney, but now I'm thinking that he is so full of himself that he actually thinks his words still hold some kind of weight when most people just look at him and think...'oh! he's the loser guy'.

He screams for Donald to release his tax returns, yet when he was running, he didn't release his till Sept., two months before elections.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
twitter reaction:

twitter.com...^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is such a desperate move on Romney's part, he must be jealous
due to the fact he was such a loser in 2012.

Here is what Romney said about Trump in 2012 in TIME, after he
won Trumps endorsement.

“Donald Trump has shown an extraordinary ability to understand how our economy works,” Romney said, citing Trump’s record as a job creator. And, he concluded, “it means a great deal to me to have the endorsement of Mr. Trump.”
time.com...

Spineless.

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I'm not in the US...a question...since Clinton is obviously going to be the dem nominee...does that mean that democratically oriented people in the US really want Clinton ?

Clinton has been kept in the Democratic National Conventions womb,
in protective custody the DNC chair; a gal named Debbie.

The Democrats do not really want her, as evidenced by a very
low Democratic turn out this election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join