It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to give anti-Trump speech.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Apparently Romney will give this speech live from LaLa Land. How does the failed nominee from 2012 (who the base rejected) think the base, who have turned out in droves for Trump, will care what he has to say? Is he delusional? This will only help Trump. Also, it's funny that he announced that he's going to make an announcement. Classic Romney.

I wonder too, as Romney is a former nominee, how he can simply dismiss the idea of supporting the nominee so easily?

Voters take note, the GOP establishment doesn't care what you want.

The only pause I have with this is to wonder if this is all part of some plan to get Trump elected but with lots of cover to not aassociate with his rhetoric and controversial ideas.

www.bloomberg.com...

The rapidly intensifying effort by the Republican establishment to dislodge Donald Trump from the top of the party's presidential nominating race will star 2012 nominee Mitt Romney, who is preparing a speech for Thursday when he'll lay out his case against the front-runner.

With Trump's convincing victories on Tuesday, the single biggest day of voting in the Republican race, Romney was motivated to make a more formal case against him in hopes of keeping him from coalescing more support, according to a Republican source familiar with Romney's plans. Romney has voiced criticism for Trump in recent months, including his attack last week on the New York businessman's refusal to release his tax returns. 

Romney doesn't believe Trump is the right person to lead the party, the Republican source said. A number of mainstream Republicans are falling in line with Trump, and Romney wants to speak up before more people go that route, the source said.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So a guy the people hate is going to go on TV and tell the people why they should hate the person they love.

I dont know if this is desperation or if they're so thick they think it might work?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Dear Mr. Romney,

If you didn't want to see Trump running in 2016, you shouldn't have bent over during the third debate in 2012. Had you not lost your backbone, you would be be running for reelection this year.

Please keep your dignity by keeping your mouth shut.

Respectfully,
Eluryh

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Possibly announce he will make another run?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe he has some kind of proof that Trump is an alien. Pictures of his eyes that look like a lizards. I just don't know. Maybe he will reveal hidden Mormon messages from the angel Moroni claiming that the Antichrist would arise to power in 2016 and have orange hair. Dunno,

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The politicians on both sides are #ting their collective pants.

Trump has hit a nerve with voters such that the establishment can now clearly see the charade they've perpetrated for so long is in real danger.

He's loosened the wheels of the gravy train the "career" politicians have been riding for decades and he MUST be stopped.

But can he?

Kidding of course.

Clinton has already been tapped and unfortunately this Trump show means zilch.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Why does anyone give a poop about Romney? What is his gain for this? What's he been up to all these years?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Jesus.

This will give Trump even more support.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My only guess, and this is just a guess, is that some "establishment" types that helped him during his presidential run, that didn't get any favors from a President Romney, are calling in some old favors now.

Trump scares a lot of people that I don't like. It makes me drift towards Trump a bit.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

But exactly what audience does Romney appeal to? No one.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They are pulling out all the stops now! This is just going to add votes for Trump! Man! "They" are really afraid of something...I wonder what exactly!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is all panic mode junk because the GOP and the DEMS Humpty Dumpty's are about to fall and break, which means their entrenchment of money making and exploitation of officialdom for personal gain, and for helping friends and relatives with cushy living, and it could be coming to a permanent end. Even if it really isn't, they certainly fear that it is. Why else would such displays of lunacy be a part of everything they are doing now?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The fact that the GOP establishment hates Trump so much makes me think the guy might actually be legit. Seriously, the more the GOP rails against him the more I like him.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I hear ya buddy.

All the people I hate, hate him. Why? He has committed no real sin except that he isn't a lifelong politician.

He is far from perfect but in this case, it just may be that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I can only suggest that the Republicrat/Demublicans are in disbelief that one of "their own" won't be the next President. They have had their way for so long, that they still think that sending out one of their drones will "fix" the "problem."

They can't accept the reality that maybe, just MAYBE, they are losing just a little bit of control.

To put it another way, the establishment (Dems and Repubs) have treated us all like an abusive husband treats his wife. They beat us down and know that every time we will keep coming back for more. They don't believe that we might actually say, "Enough is enough!"

I'm sure I'll be disappointed but at the moment I'm pulling for and praying for the battered wife. Here's to hoping the battered wife that is us gives a knock-out blow to the establishment.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
HA! Mitt Romney has once again put foot-in-mouth. This time by alerting Donald Trump to prepare a "Romney who?" type of response. Donald might even pre-empt Mitt Romney by publically destroying his credibility just before tomorrow's news conference, speech, announcement, or whatever it's going to be.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if he announced he is deciding to get into the race, so he can stop Trump in the midwest, west coast.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Voters take note, the GOP establishment doesn't care what you want.

I'm not in the US...a question...since Clinton is obviously going to be the dem nominee...does that mean that democratically oriented people in the US really want Clinton ?

If so...(and I repeat, Im not a US citizen)...I find that really amazing and disappointing at the same time.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: eluryh22

But exactly what audience does Romney appeal to? No one.

Who?

The Queen of England!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How pathetic! Jeb bringing in mommy Bush to support him didn't work, now they drag has been Romney out of attic.
He's not even a has been, he never made it in the first place. I wonder what would work? Maybe if they announced Reagan had been cryogenically frozen and was now running for president!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join