It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Russia! You so silly! Russians claim to be working on 6th and *7th* gen fighters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PilgriMage

This is the type of thread where there is no room for facts. It's more like a "virtual penis enlargement pill"-thread for boys who always get a boner when they see or hear the US saving the world (once more) in a crappy Hollywood movie -

Aaaaw, nothing to be proud about?

I'll bet you've seen all those "crappy" movies, huh? Sure you have.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PilgriMage
Also do not try to remind them of how Russia has actually succeeded flawlessly during most of their latest military operations whereas US, NATO and other European countries have been wasting billions and thousands of lives just to barely keep their ground. Actually, most of the time they haven't even kept their ground but given up against "the terrorists" and just concentrated on the MSM propaganda, to make it look like they're doing fine.

ROTFLMAO!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah, damnit. I wanted to see some more pages added to the Zaph Book.

More seriously, this should also be taken within the context of Russia admitting it has indefinitely postponed the PAK-DA.

tass.ru...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: BASSPLYR

And it's color changing to boot.

wow.

"Viktor, I don't think this is what Americans mean when they said they have active camouflage and could change colors"

"Da Andrei. This is what happens when we develop our concepts from 'internet rumors' and by listening to that bassplyr on ATS aviation forum."

"American Dogs always tricking us!!! Why our scientists like working more for yankee than motherland?"

"I talked to a izmennik once and asked. He said aversion to our Borscht Farts and vodka odors and that yankees smell and pay better"

edit on 3-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PilgriMage

Here are a few facts for you.

Fact: Russian stealth programs have encountered serious issues that have to date led to indefinite suspension, and major cuts, and could lead to cancelations.

Fact: Russia has had, and continues to have major production problems. The Su-34 fleet went through huge problems at service entry. All the latest commercial programs have encountered problems and delays.

Fact: Sixth Generation has yet to be defined by anyone. If you don't even know what sixth is, how can you define seventh?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

can't define it but I think I've seen like 9th gen tech fly before.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Viktor, you have cracked it. Them damned Yankees will never see our new stealth plane.

i.kinja-img.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hi all....been away a while.....thrust into some hell hole I was no doubt not meant to come away from

And now tadaa
I'm a civilian....wonder if this calls for a new account to reflect the new me

I'm gonna just touch on ...what's happened? Has this place gotten even worse in the last couple months!
I see a USER content generated website asking for subscriptions? The adds are though the roof and intrusive and this is after asking for donations for the pleasure of having a cool title
If you go the way of subscription.....ats is dead ...not enough subscribers = not enough content = less interest = less subscribers and so

Right on topic
And I'm disappointed in you ZAPH and your lack of ......yeah you know what I mean, you could at least try to be objective

6th gen has been touted as having VI and near space capability integrated into its operational requirements
Just look at some of the experiments and trials on going and even voices in the US are openly talking about their 6th gen develop.......remember.....DEVELOPMENT, this can be something as simple as fuselage shape, required thrust calculations, heat dampening technology, radar, he'll, a million and one different things

So with that in mind is it really so difficult to consider 7th gen DEVELOPMENT
Which even in its simples forms COULD be just a shape, or an engine tech expected to be viable the or even...just a counter to 6th gen

.....how's that f35 looking again
Never guess whom I've had the privilege of chatting with whilst playing silly buggers

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Perhaps they too are developing something akin to our black triangles and have yet to find a proper "type"" classification that appropriately fits them. So they simply refer to them as advanced X and XX generations.

I suggest that the term "First evolution" be applied to any craft that doesn't use air for lift or thrust for power. The term "generation" is so old school. Like "your father's Oldsmobile!"

edit on 3-3-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

" Ya ANdrei, With the center empty what will the radar reflect off of? It will go right through the plane and out the back. Their radar will never detect our new bomber when it approach their homeland."

"Thats perfect! Viktor. Quick call the supreme comrade and inform him of our breakthrough! "

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaPred

I'm far more objective than just about anyone on here. By all means, show a definition of 6th Gen. They haven't settled on even what that means, let alone all the capabilities of the aircraft yet.

Aircraft generations don't just jump like that, they're pretty specific and long term. Just look at how long previous generations were built. Unlike other technologies you don't jump generations in a couple of years, which in aircraft terms is what we're at for 5th Gen still. Which is why they're talking about 15 years for the first 6th6th Gen aircraft. It will probably be 20 years after that to see a 7th.

A generation doesn't consist of a new engine, or a new shape, it's a family of systems, entirely new sensor suites, or the like. If all it was was new engines and shapes we'd be up to 8th or 9th generation.
edit on 3/3/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I dunno zaph I disagre with your above statement. i think I say the most objective and reasonable things around here.....for sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

hrmph.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Stop smoking the oregano, it's no bueno for you man.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Using subjective opinion to prove objective status, did you do that on purpose? If you did I hereby induct you into the irony hall of fame, and I can, because I just invented it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Stop smoking the oregano, it's no bueno for you man.

I really gotta get my blinds fixed. I knew that shoddy looking RV across the street was suspicious.....wait!....that Tractor trailer from last night....that you Zaph?????.....man I'm getting paranoid.

Also, sorry about walking around my apartment naked. Nobody should have to see that. Even secret agents tasked to keep tabs on me. Sorry guys.

PS anybody got Big Worm's pager number?????? My regular guy hasn't been around lately.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who gives a crap about this! Come on, really? What's so great about us building planes with new tech to kill each other?

Aren't people sick of this bullsh#t?

This tribal warfare crap that has been fed to us from an early age is one of the reasons we have threads like this

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well this is the aircraft forums, what do expect to find here, unicorns?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm cool like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Focus on the big picture is the key to success in project management..Russia should fire all their powerplant manufacturers and import.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join