It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the sudden I have no ads?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've followed the threads about not using ad blockers. I've not used one yet I'm not having any ads displayed at the top of the page or on the side of the page. I turned off tracking and disabled cookies then put them back on to see if I get any ads.
I don't mind ads. Where are my ads?
Thank you for reading.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Ummm...your one sick puppy of a kitty if your actually missing your adverts...Frankly none of them has ever prompted me to want to purchase anything...just the opposite in fact...

What about you...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir I'm just feeling guilty because we are supposed to have ads because they contribute to keeping ATS going.
I always ignore ads and was getting annoyed at some of them, but I didn't use an ad blocker. They are just gone and I don't know if I'm somehow violating T&C's.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There is a threshold in the number of flags you have that put your account into an add free mode. I believe it's ATSes way of saying "thanks" for your contribution to site content. Maybe you have reached that level?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage Are you messin' with me? Can anyone verify this? What is it over 200 flags or something?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: caterpillage Are you messin' with me? Can anyone verify this? What is it over 200 flags or something?

I can't remember the last time I have seen an ad, but I am old here and probably well past my threshold to see ads if there is one.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

SO mentioned it a few times in the add block discussion threads, and I've seen him mention it a few times in the past when adds become a hot topic, though I don't recall ever seeing a number thrown out....

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing its not something I did with my privacy settings then.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage Well, as long as it is nothing I did when fiddling with my privacy settings. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I haven't seen ads in years. It has something to do with my stats. Not sure what. But yes, it's a 'thank you'.
Some of the Mods know what the lucky number is, maybe one of them will stop by and tell. It's either number of posts, or number of flags. Not sure.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I can't remember the last time I have seen an ad, but I am old here and probably well past my threshold to see ads if there is one.

Yea, same here. I see no ads too. Would'nt mind seeing a few to help ATS out.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Lol, says the flag 1%er. Rolling around in flags in your flag room.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I never have had ads....and dont block anything.

I do get the single ad on 1st pg....but it goes away rt. away...and no popups or auto play videos.

I have border ads which are completely gone when I click a topic...and my pages are completely clean then 90% of the time.

I don't think because I have nearly 6,400 posts it means anything. I think one's other viewing habits trigger, tag and trip ads folks way.

MS
edit on 2-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't think because I have nearly 6,400 posts it means anything.

Nope. It's been discussed before. In fact several years ago SO told us, or one of the Mods did. But lately it seems "Mum" is the word. I think it's the number of posts. I'm sure several people know the magic number, if anybody remembers. I thought it was 1,000, but the OP doesn't have that. So not sure.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nope. It's been discussed before. In fact several years ago SO told us, or one of the Mods did. But lately it seems "Mum" is the word. I think it's the number of posts. I'm sure several people know the magic number, if anybody remembers. I thought it was 1,000, but the OP doesn't have that. So not sure.

Maybe it is a combined calculation of posts stars and flags?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Could be! I wish I could remember, but the info... strain...strain.... is just not coming out of my sleepy ole brain. But whatever it is, apparently you've done it by George!

eta: Okay I've been thinking about this. They want us to create content, and for making threads you get flags. So, it has to be flags. Yep. Number of flags, and you've just passed 200, so there you go. That has to be it. : )
edit on 3/2/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Could be! I wish I could remember, but the info... strain...strain.... is just not coming out of my sleepy ole brain. But whatever it is, apparently you've done it by George!

(but I don't think stars play into it)
Well, thanks for the reply and for whatever it is I've done... Thank you ATS!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

See my edited post above. I really think I figured it out. : )

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
There is a threshold in the number of flags you have that put your account into an add free mode. I believe it's ATSes way of saying "thanks" for your contribution to site content. Maybe you have reached that level?

I haven't reached 200 flags yet, but I'm not seeing any adds either.

I do have Adblock Plus but I've disabled it on ATS. I can even confirm that the ABP icon is greyed out while on ATS (it's usually red).

Perhaps SO has changed something else? Or perhaps the adds were 'referred' from other sites that are blocked.

I definitely don't want to adversely affect ATS's profitability. I like it here!

edit on 2/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
"Teacher, teacher ~ you forgot to give us homework!"
First thing that came to mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join