It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: North Korea fires 'several' short-range missiles into East Sea (Sea of Japan)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not much information, sorry for such a small post (will update when there is more), just saw this on breakingnews.com

Here is the/their Source

Found this other article

Shortly after the United Nations placed harsh new sanctions on North Korea, Pyongyang launched a series of short-range missiles into the East Sea, also known as the Sea of Japa

Japan has always been concerned with North Korea. Japan surely wants something down about this, and I don't see any other way to deal with this without confrontation.

Update:

SEOUL, March 3 (Yonhap) -- North Korea fired six short-range projectiles into the East Sea on Thursday, apparently in anger over the United Nations' adoption of its harshest-ever resolution punishing Pyongyang for its recent nuclear and long-range rocket tests, officials said.

Sources say the projectiles could be 300 millimeter rockets or short range missiles. They said the projectiles flew 100 to 150 kilometers before falling into the sea.

Source
edit on 2-3-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So, considering the recent threats, NK is out of money and/or food and they want more.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Because of the aggressive behavior of China and North Korea we encouraged Japan to begin the process of rebuilding their offensive military well before the 99 year ban. That being said I doubt we will see confrontation from this situation. This is rhetoric we have seen many times before. North Korea is malnourished, they are in no situation to be involved in a conflict against the whole world.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I believe a new set of sanction's was delivered to NK very recently..maybe today..yes indeed.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If I were North Korea I'd be silent and passive while upgrading my arsenal in order to reduce or remove sanctions (have them reduced or removed for good behavior and belief of being a non-threat), but instead they act with foolish aggression that only causes them more harm.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
NK's perpetual scabbardry and rhetoric is like a bad smell. it won't go away.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

well, that clearly worked.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Shortly after the United Nations placed harsh new sanctions on North Korea, Pyongyang launched a series of short-range missiles into the East Sea, also known as the Sea of Japan

It isn't that they launched them, they just seemed to plop into the water there.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: because I fail

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

What's SCABBARDRY?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Och! to be sure now,
They are just doing a bit of fishing, Li'l Kim is getting hungry.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ummm...it's a euphemistic way of saying...rattling sabers...I.E...Scabbard...the "sheath" for a sword...

(I know you asked Rosco...but thought I'd help)

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

North Korean logic - they sanction me therefor I attack the barren seas. Somebody has to take their missiles of dismay, might as well be the ocean floor. It would be funny if the consequences and potentials involved in this situation weren't so dire, and let us not forget the people of North Korea who suffer the most under the leadership.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh just fire a missile at some other country already and get your demise over with....though the boy who cried wolf comes to mind here...maybe Lil Kim is just setting us up and will have the last laugh.....

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe i doubt it,every time a missle goes off we,r suppose to worry?more chance of nasa announcing tomorrow life has been found than anything nk does.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Considering the magnitude of the new sanctions and the fact the vote was unanimous I think NK destroyed their last links to China.

I think the regime will collapse by the end of this year.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wonder if NK's aggression towards Japan is to lure Japan into a Naval conflict that would require China to intervene, thereby heightening tensions between Japan and China? Meanwhile NK will threaten US bases with missle attacks, pulling the majority of US Naval assets to the conflict? This would be the perfect scenario for Russia to invade Eastern Europe and Iran to invade Iraq and Azerbaijan...weakening the US ability to provide air support to the ME and Eastern Europe.

In this scenario, Russia and China will feed NK, literally, to keep NK from starving. Iran gets closer to their goal, Russia gets more of the former USSR back, China gets oil promises from Iran and natural resources from Russia.

India and Japan are screwed in that scenario, as well as Israel. Perfect opening move for Eastern Hemisphere takeover.

The US would be of no help to the EU, as China would press south and east into the Pacific. Russia and NK would sit and wait to pounce on Alaska.

I hope none of that goes down, but if they're all working together, NK escalation with Japan is the first domino.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A cunning plan to turn the sea into 'boiled pumpkin' and cause area denial of enemy ships.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
With their tunnels they think they can hide and win.
As everyone here knows ,anything seen can be killed.
Human wave assaults ?
Against US fire power?
Lets just say it's a REALLY bad idea these days.
I don't know how many have NODs but we usually perform at night for the edge.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The North Korean military needs to execute a Coup d'état and effect the change needed to save them from ruin...
They need to do so rather rapidly, this will put China on its heels because north korea would then become a new staging ground...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think China is keeping a very close eye on NK, I think they had alot to do with working out the sanctions just imposed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join