It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

RI Senate Passes Bill to Fine Homeowners $500 for Leaves Falling from Trees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
The land of the free, free to be as stupid as you possibly can be, free to propose laws that show the world you are doing your best to be as stupid as you possible can...

Perhaps there should be a sub section in the Darwin awards?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:07 AM
a reply to: Discotech
How else can you have big government in such a tiny state?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
a reply to: Chadwickus

so, we're back to tree diapers??? I'm sorry but it's gonna be much harder for me to climb a pine tree and label each little pine nneedle and cone that it would be to label each leaf! and the branches of pine trees usually tend to be much more condensed... they aren't as unrule as other trees.

maybe a 40 steel netting erected on the property border would do the trick.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
I remember getting fined $250 for changing the oil in my car in my driveway. I lived in a small town in Florida that had a law that you couldn't do any vehicle maintenance if where you were doing it was visible from the street. Turns out that the head of the town council owned the local Jiffy Lube.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
It's similar to the one happening in my area. If you don't remove what is noted as unsightly the city will remove it and charge you for it. These cases are making cities more into than what they already are as giant HOAs.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
a reply to: dreamingawake

and all the while they will be telling you to live on less and less money, making it harder and harder to pay to have what is done to meet their higher and higher standards... it's insane! ya, people in other countries can live much cheaper than us, but then, they have cows and chickens in their front yards and live in shacks, there kids go to school without shoes on their feet, if they even go to school, they might not have any need for a phone, and if they are employed, chances are that the boss isn't expecting them to get a doctor's note whenever they are out sick.

you can't have ever decreasing income and expect higher standards. that just isn't gonna fly!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
Hey, maybe this is a way to solve the problem of those tresspassng leaves and pine needles!!! (only joking here, don't try this in you hometown!!!) It's just the first thing I thought of when I read this article....

Over two dozen trees have been chopped down and dropped in roadways in Southside, making driving dangerous.

It started happening in the Sutherlin area, which is on the Halifax County and Pittsylvania County line, sometime between Thursday and Friday.

Two accidents associated with cut trees were reported, but the Virginia Department of Transportation had no more details on those incidents.

In addition, more than 200 customers in the Laurel Grove community in Danville lost power overnight after trees were chopped down at seven locations, severing power lines and, at one location, breaking a utility pole.

Ain't no mention as to who was going around chopping trees down, and it kind of sounds like it was an overnight advanture!! but like I said sounds like the perfect solution in someone's sick mind to those nasty leaves, just start chopping down the trees, and let them fall as they may!! Ya, my mind is sick, but perfectly harmless... I just love the irony and the strange.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:51 PM

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: onehuman

I really don't have a problem with this and I'll tell you why.

I just spent the last 3+ years living in a house with no trees on my property. But the neighbors had trees.

And there was a HOA and one of the terms was you couldn't have excess leave in the yard. (Excess having a completely arbitrary definition) so I had to rake the leaves every week that weren't mine or get fined by the HOA.

Now, I don't mind raking leaves every once in a while. But I work upwards of 100 hrs a week regularly. So when I do get off I'm generally worn out. And having to worry about whether or not I have excess leaves in my yard is annoying.

So I agree with this in spirit, but some type of defined amount of leaves should be agreed on.

Is this the twilight zone?

Ask your neighbor to rake up HIS leaves. You don't pass a law over this kind of crap. Coward. Whining about agreed upon terms of "how many are too many leaves".

I just can't even articulate how bat# insane this is.

This entire country is just unreal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>